Oliver Canterberry

New Albany, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/al-sharpton-attack...

MSNBC host Rev. Al Sharpton tore into CNN reporter John King when he described a supposed suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing as a “dark-skinned male.” Sharpton railed against King’s “offensive, coded language.” He said that, in that moment, King turned every minority in the city of Boston into a terror suspect.

“I was told by one of these sources, who is a law enforcement official, that this was a dark-skinned male,” he said of the supposed suspect in the case. This report that the authorities had a suspect in the bombing case in custody turned out to be inaccurate. King said this after making a number of caveats about the potentially offensive nature of his comment.

“Dark-skinned male?” Sharpton asked.“Coded, offensive language.”

He quotes Washington Post media critic Erik Wemple who observed that King’s reporting was not helpful to either the criminal investigators or to the public. Wemple wrote that King’s report broadcast “Information that borders on inflammatory.”

“These comments are very offensive,” Sharpton said.“They have no place in our discourse.”

“What King’s words did is to make every dark-skinned male in Boston a suspect, and that’s shameful,” Sharpton concluded.

Since: Dec 11

Middletown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Take is easy AL.....could be a sand darkie.
hhey now

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Hey Al Sharpton! Try this on, "Pfuq you, you sh^tstain."
Purple chaios

Danielson, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

What's a sand darkie? Is that the same race that taught yours how to read and write?
Italians are dark, so are a lot of Israeli Jews.... So who was king speaking about?
Purple chaios

Danielson, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Shanikwah wrote:
Take is easy AL.....could be a sand darkie.
What's a sand darkie? Is that the same race that taught yours how to read and write?
Italians are dark, so are a lot of Israeli Jews.... So who was king speaking about?

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Purple chaios wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never seen an Italian and a Subsaharan African look the same skin color wise. Only Australian Aboriginals do for the most part.
Purple chaios

Danielson, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never seen an Italian and a Subsaharan African look the same skin color wise. Only Australian Aboriginals do for the most part.
As you can now see that the suspects were white, there is nothing dark about them. If they are not white, then the white population in America is now in the minority.
As for your claims of never seeing an Italian with the same skin color as a subsaharan , you must not be well travelled and definitely ignorant of history.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Duke for Mayor 30,438
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 10 hr Truth 2,281
RIP Ashley Stevens 12 hr Sissy 1
The Michael Brown Case 13 hr Duke for Mayor 49
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 13 hr d pantz 3,183
10 Investigates: Teachers Caught Recording, Con... 14 hr Duke for Mayor 1
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 14 hr Male 259

Search the Columbus Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••