Parsley urgently appeals for cash | The Columbus Dispatch

The Rev. Rod Parsley sat in his cavernous, dark sanctuary and pleaded with his flock via video camera. Full Story
First Prev
of 20
Next Last
heidi

Akron, OH

#395 Dec 30, 2009
billedk wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, lets approach it from a different angle. We are in a Court of Law. You are the Prosecutor. The Judge says to you "How do you know the house title is in Parsley's name - produce the Deed and show me. Maybe it's in the name of his church." Then the Judge says "How do you know the house is a million dollar house? Do you have in your hand a bona-fide appraisal to show me? How much does he owe against the house? Do you have a document that shows his mortgage balance? So, then, if you don't have those documents, you don't have any evidence do you? Case dismissed.
By the way, there is no law, nor ever was that says a "man of God" cannot have a million dollar house. That is simply your opinion, and the editorial pages are full of opinionated people. That don't make them right. I know the Bible backwards and forwards, and there is nowhere it says that. In fact, King Solomon was the wisest and richest mAgan that ever lived, and it says God made him that way. That's the only opinion that counts.
Agreed, 100%. Also, someone earlier compared Rod to Jesus as far as Jesus not being rich. Jesus debased himself on purpose so we don't have to. That's the entire message of the gospel. I'm not saying that because Jesus was poor we automatically are rich. But he became poor so we don't HAVE to if we don't want to. He died so we can live. He was wounded so we could be healed, and so on. But a lot of people don't get that. Essentially, he took on all the barriers so we wouldn't have any, if we should so choose the break through those barriers. Being imperfect humans, we each have a finite capacity to be and do different things. But with God, we can attain more. and what separates those who do more from those who do not is largely knowledge of what to do to get there. Rod knows and understands a lot about wealth. I find it very interesting that no one mentions the fact that he could have done something completely separate from his ministry to amass more wealth. Like investments, real estate. Everyone assumes he stole it from old ladies. It's just ignorance. and no, I don't go to church there.
GuestNY

New York, NY

#396 Jan 13, 2010
It is amazing to me how one could speak of another individual without having the proper information. Every one who has posted something on this that would reflect Pastor Parsley in a negative light has (1) never visited the church regularly to see where all of the money goes and (2) is plain ignorant of how the Church in general operates and ministers to the world. The church cannot function without money....PERIOD!!!!!!!!!! If any of you knew anything you would know that the church has to make their expense reports public..showing where all of the funds taken in are going. Why don't you look that up?? What about the thousands of slaves that were freed as a result of World Harvest Church's faithful members? What about the millions of food that was sent to third world countries or the millions of dollars worth of medical supplies sent out as a result of people giving money? Before you open your mouth and pass judgement make sure you are completely knowledgeable of the subject you are making reference to. Rod Parsley a con artist...I doubt it. Check yourself and your source of information. If you don't agree with him and his work..that is your choice...don't support the Church. It is as simple as that. However don't become indignant and flat out disrespectful to those who CHOOSE support the work that Church is doing. It speaks volumes of your character. You couldn't possibly be a Christian speaking to others in that manner. For someone who is a fraud...it sure is taking a long time for him to be found out! A 30 year scam is one GOOD scam!!! The Bible says that we should judge not, lest we be judge. Don't bring judgement upon yourself for speaking out of turn. God Bless All.
Bernie Madoff

Grove City, OH

#397 Jan 13, 2010
GuestNY wrote:
A 30 year scam is one GOOD scam!!! The Bible says that we should judge not, lest we be judge. Don't bring judgement upon yourself for speaking out of turn. God Bless All.
You Betcha...
GO BUCS BLU SUX

Columbus, OH

#398 Feb 25, 2010
guest wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know what Jesus wore were you there? Sounds like you are the one that is lying because you have no facts for your statements.
I guess if you read the Bible moron you woyld know the answers to your questions!! So that just shows your ignorance!! Read the Bible you will learn not to send those idiots money!!
Sam Michael

Newark, OH

#399 Feb 25, 2010
Rod Parsley is a Joke and Crook , thats the bottom line !!!!!
Mr Fabian

Columbus, OH

#400 Feb 25, 2010
religioniscrazee wrote:
<quoted text>
What the **** is wrong with you? DOnt you see how he spends "donations" on himself and lives like a king! Have you seen his "home"? His "clothes, cars and bodyguards? Any respectable "man of god" is not going to be living like a "KING". Think about lady, quit supporting a con-artist...just open your eyes!
My dear, you've set your gaze upon the quintessential frontier type. Note the lean silhouette... eyes closed by the sun, though sharp as a hawk. He's got the look of both predator and prey.
Doc

Columbus, OH

#401 Feb 25, 2010
Weave a circle round him thrice, / And close your eyes with holy dread, / For he on honey-dew hath fed, / And drunk the milk of Paradise.
Weiner anyone

Columbus, OH

#402 Jul 25, 2013
This here is a good example. How's his Mega Church doing? anyone know. We need an update.
Deacon Dan

Columbus, OH

#403 Jul 25, 2013
Weiner anyone wrote:
This here is a good example. How's his Mega Church doing? anyone know. We need an update.
It turned a net profit of $14.3 million last year. I'd say it's doing good.
Kubla Khan

Columbus, OH

#404 Jul 25, 2013
Doc wrote:
Weave a circle round him thrice,/ And close your eyes with holy dread,/ For he on honey-dew hath fed,/ And drunk the milk of Paradise.
Uh huh.
JerryT

New Albany, OH

#405 Feb 18, 2014
Joni Parsley needs that money for her plastic surgery addiction Woman can't even talk through her lips she's filled with so much botox looks like a damn piece of plastic smh
Yes

Williamson, NY

#406 Mar 16, 2014
CatInTheHat wrote:
Help save the big empty building? Nope, I don't think so. There's a recession, ya know?
Yes there is
Joyce

Canal Winchester, OH

#407 Sunday Dec 21
Anyone who can contact someone, cult watch, the authorities, anyone about this matter to investigate World Harvest Church? It's not simply a dangerous money sham. That "anointing" Parsley imparts by the laying on of hands isn't the anointing, he's releasing demon spirits upon the people and he preys on the purest hearted. I didn't understand what was going on at first, but now it's obvious and evident in the behavioral patterns of his followers. These familiar spirits relay messages back to him about his victims for the purpose of telling their fortunes and keeping them subservient through fear and intimidation. It's a lot worse than most people could imagine. He's operating in divination. Ashton is the #1 person you need to be praying for because she's going to be hurt the worst by all of this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thrift Stores High PRices 1 hr Greedy 1
Marriage Vows 2 hr sidekick 10
rebecca wild 4 hr They cannot kill ... 7
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 4 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 4,986
Mana s Skeleton Found In Woods In Central Ohio 5 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Where has Rowdy been? 5 hr They cannot kill ... 6
Joe Cocker is dead. 7 hr Politics anyone 70
COPS lives MATTER 14 hr Police Crimes 227
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance