Parsley urgently appeals for cash | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 20 comments on the Dec 17, 2009, Columbus Dispatch story titled Parsley urgently appeals for cash | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The Rev. Rod Parsley sat in his cavernous, dark sanctuary and pleaded with his flock via video camera.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Big Hank

Columbus, OH

#22 Dec 17, 2009
Let the cult crash and burn.... I feel sorry for the people he has taken severe advantage of over the years. He is one scary guy, and I doubt God gives him a free pass at the Pearly Gates.
Rev Ilove Lots A Mune

Zanesville, OH

#23 Dec 17, 2009
Quite a juxtaposition in today's Dispatch - one story about Central Ohioans giving to feed others and another story about the Reverend Rod Parsley weeping and begging for more money. He sez, ""I believe as you sow your seed today in faith, God will reward you, I know he will, in a supernatural harvest in the area you need it most." Translation: give me your money and you will get some sort of spiritual blessing. He is offering the promise of blessings in exchange for donations. Reports are coming in from Germany of a huge underground rumbling as Martin Luther spins in his grave. "Indulgences for sale, indulgences for sale" Well, anyways that's what the locals report they are hearing emanate from Luther's grave. Perhaps the Rev. Parsley should sell his limos, sell the huge family estate in Fairfield County, sell the $500,000 jet, a seven-passenger Hawker Siddeley 125 and all of the other accoutrements of luxury this fraud has lusted after. What hypocrisy! But wait, there's more. He blames his troubles on the devil and a legion of demons. Hallelujah, Reverend Rod. A new level of irresponsibility! Wall Street. The city of Detroit. Tiger Woods. Governor Sanford. They all can now claim to have been besieged by an army of demons.
HappyNat

Columbus, OH

#24 Dec 17, 2009
Maybe this is god's way of telling him to get out of the business.
Rev Ilove Lots A Mune

Zanesville, OH

#25 Dec 17, 2009
Irvine wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who had built the organization Rod Parsley has built in the secular world would....
They would be in prison for fraud. You can't get away with that crap in the real world. Ask Bernie.
Bodie

Grove City, OH

#26 Dec 17, 2009
Arrogant Simply Arrogant In These Hard Times. using the old whining give and God will bless you to guilt the weak into supporting this guy's lavish lifestyle.
Same "Rev" that built himself a mansion and one next door for his father. While most devout ministers wait till heaven to get their mansion.
Not your life Choice

Galena, OH

#27 Dec 17, 2009
another money hungry church. if you are going to a church and you see what they do with the money (Feeding needy people, bus ministries, missionaries, etc..) give faithfully and you will reap what you sow.. but if the preacher is living beyond his means and the rest of the staff are living in poor conditions, then something is wrong there.
RodGod

Lewis Center, OH

#28 Dec 17, 2009
Watch my program called Breakthrough. And give your money to God. (His address can be found at the bottom of your TV screens) What kind of fools does he think we are. His pigeons are coming home to roost. The problem is he keeps lying and his dummies @ WHC keep buying them. (Remember, God's address will be at the bottom of your TV screens)

Since: Oct 09

Orlando, FL

#29 Dec 17, 2009
I always wondered how people could be such SHEEP.... It has always been about what Rod needs not what can be provided to Gods children. Like the others have stated get a CLUE.
Big Hank

Columbus, OH

#31 Dec 17, 2009
Fed Up wrote:
Such a wonderful Christian... "send me money, and I'll pray for you." I guess Rod needs fuel for his jet plane, or perhaps the heat got shut off in one of his three houses.
Exactly - guess what? I will pray for you if you feel the need - and I won't ask for 10% or more of your after-tax income for my grace!!!
Journey

London, OH

#32 Dec 17, 2009
My pastor doesn't have a corporate jet..... Uh no no money from me pal.!
No denying it

Columbus, OH

#33 Dec 17, 2009
He'll rot in Hell like the other fake prophets and hypocrites.
Greg

Hilliard, OH

#34 Dec 17, 2009
Whether you're a fan or not, that ministry really does a lot of charitable work all over the world. I know one of the guys that goes on a lot of those trips, and he's told me quite a bit about what they do around the world. You can certainly hate on 'em if you want, but I've been extremely impressed by what I've learned that they do.
Old and crusty

Columbus, OH

#35 Dec 17, 2009
Isn't it ironic that RichRod claims the "devil stole from him" because they lost a lawsuit to a former congegration member. Hey RichFrod, open that bible and read the passages about forgiving thy neighbor for his sins against you and turning to the other cheek. This glorified snake oil salesman portrays a former member of his flock as the devil. Cant wait for this fraud to disappear some night.
a song comes to mind

Columbus, OH

#36 Dec 17, 2009
"Jesus He Knows Me".

:) Phil Collins probably met Rod at some point.
Rev Ilove Lots A Mune

Zanesville, OH

#37 Dec 17, 2009
Greg wrote:
Whether you're a fan or not, that ministry really does a lot of charitable work all over the world. I know one of the guys that goes on a lot of those trips, and he's told me quite a bit about what they do around the world. You can certainly hate on 'em if you want, but I've been extremely impressed by what I've learned that they do.
Well, Brother Greg, the issue is not the sheep who do his bidding but rather the shepherd who does the fleecing.
Brian

Columbus, OH

#38 Dec 17, 2009
How about an article about all the other churchs in central Ohio that will not meet Budget and face cuts or by smaller amounts but just as critical or more critical to the specific Church.

Also the are teaching the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ the savior not the worship of Rod Parsley
offwhitebloggerd otcom

Columbus, OH

#39 Dec 17, 2009
Jane R wrote:
God will vindicate the righteous. I'm saddened to read such a scathing report from the Columbus Dispatch. Is it a slow news night? Why don't you report about terrorism, or Obama taking us trillions of dollars into debt - the worst debt accumulation of any President to date! Where's the support of our troops at war?
If your god's is going to kneecap the evil people persecuting this huckster, why doesn't he just cut Parsley a check? A little holy and divine reimbursement, y'know? Just like when your god prevents evil...oh, wait a minute. Right, just like when your god stops natural disasters...oh, darn....maybe you all aren't giving your god enough money or something? Maybe He has been impacted by the recession too?
why

Reynoldsburg, OH

#40 Dec 17, 2009
this guy beats up contractors and little kids...why enable him???
Oral Roberts

United States

#41 Dec 17, 2009
You know, Rod, I just discovered where a life of lying, cheating and stealing from ordinary folks across the country will land you, and it sure ain't pretty! Pretty darn hot, full of lying, cheating, crying folks like me and you, along with every other evil so and so you can think of.

Down here it's called Karma, rather than just the roll of the dice, or "Oh look what the devil made me do!" No such thing to begin with, it was just another made up story to get what we wanted from people, blaming a devil for the things we humans do knowingly, willfully and without remorse.

Time to get an honest job, Rod, one you're qualified for and that won't lead you down here, too.

Sorry! Just got word it's too late.

See you soon!
BethOhio

Columbus, OH

#42 Dec 17, 2009
I know I will get flack for this comment, but I kind of expect it, so let'r rip.....

I know there are still people who hold ill will towards catholic priests because of the small, yet widely publicized, few who were involved in the abuse scandals, but in the face of the opulent lifestyle crooks like this live, I have to admire the simplicity of life that many of the catholic orders live. In particular, the Franciscans, who model their extremely simple lifestyles after that of St. Francis of Assisi. They truly live a life of poverty, chastity (at least the majority do), and obedience. Perhaps if Rev Rod, the Mega-Fraud, lived a more simple life like some of the priests do, he would understand the "common" folk he claims he "helps" and represents. So far, the only thing this man seems to help with is his hand to people's wallets.

So, is it time for the tears, ala- Jim Baker and the PTL club yet from Rev. Rod?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Armenian Genocide controversy 2 hr tranpsosition 36
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 4 hr The Anti-Clinton 6,188
BizzyBee HAS LEFT THIS FORUMů..FOR GOOD! 6 hr They cannot kill ... 23
BROKEN ARROW! This is Not a drill! 7 hr BizzyBee 6
I'm not voting for Monica Lewinsky's ex-boyfrie... 7 hr Duke for Mayor 8
Statistics of Wars Throughout History 7 hr Duke for Mayor 166
On her majesty's secret server 8 hr Seriouslady 12
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]