Parsley urgently appeals for cash | T...

Parsley urgently appeals for cash | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 393 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Dec 17, 2009, titled Parsley urgently appeals for cash | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The Rev. Rod Parsley sat in his cavernous, dark sanctuary and pleaded with his flock via video camera.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

billedk

Kansas City, MO

#371 Dec 24, 2009
Speaking from experience wrote:
I agree that Bob may be a bit of a tard, but I think that many of his comments regarding parsely and his cult are pretty spot on.
Guess that depends upon what you mean by "spot on". More like "spotty on" truth and fairness. Juvenile to call names from the sidelines. This Forum comes closer to being a cult.

Enzyte Bob

“A generous swelling of pride!”

Since: Oct 09

Bob is livin' large!

#372 Dec 24, 2009
Speaking from experience wrote:
I agree that Bob may be a bit of a tard, but I think that many of his comments regarding parsely and his cult are pretty spot on.
I won't tell you how, where, what or why but I have been on the periphery of one of these operations before in a previous career (as a vendor). I know the personality type and I know how Rich Rod and Leroy both operate.

Enzyte Bob

Bob is livin' large!

#373 Dec 24, 2009
http://www.pfo.org/parsley.htm

And the apparent financial success of the church, Parsley has acknowledged, has brought cries from members for a better accounting of how donations are spent, something Parsley adamantly refuses to provide.12
billedk

Kansas City, MO

#374 Dec 24, 2009
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't tell you how, where, what or why but I have been on the periphery of one of these operations before in a previous career (as a vendor). I know the personality type and I know how Rich Rod and Leroy both operate.
KEY WORDS: "I won't tell you how, where, what or why.....BUT.........I have been on the PERIPHERY.....I know.....I know....."

CROSS EXAMINATION: How can you KNOW anything from the periphery? That means from the outer edge looking in. So, we're all just supposed to trust you as tho you were an INSIDER??

You just made a very general, unsupported, slanderous public comments about 2 people (Jenkins & Parsley) because you think you are Sigmund Freud and know personality types. No retraction needed, your personality type tells us everything we need to know.
billedk

Kansas City, MO

#375 Dec 24, 2009
Enzyte Bob wrote:
http://www.pfo.org/parsley.htm
And the apparent financial success of the church, Parsley has acknowledged, has brought cries from members for a better accounting of how donations are spent, something Parsley adamantly refuses to provide.12
The PFO wrote that statement 17 years ago. A lot has changed since then,and to my knowledge World Harvest has GROWN 10-fold since the early 90's. I still don't see any proof of misappropriation of funds from any legal motions of any kind, nor from the IRS. So these allegations are completey outdated, and nothing more than hearsay.
Go figure

AOL

#376 Dec 24, 2009
Since Reverand
Rod has started his plea for $3,000,000, I have yet to hear of any update on how much he has raised to meet his goal. I tried to check the rodparsley.com website, but there is nothing mentioned. Seems the fundraising activities are as private as the financials on the Parsley Empire, if you keep them in the blind, then they will keep giving. Guess if the maoney isn't raised the the infomercials will be on fewer than 1400 cable outlets. When will people realize that when the Church is so large that you can't meet with your minister, then it's time to move on.
billedk

Kansas City, MO

#377 Dec 24, 2009
Go figure wrote:
Since Reverand
Rod has started his plea for $3,000,000, I have yet to hear of any update on how much he has raised to meet his goal. I tried to check the rodparsley.com website, but there is nothing mentioned. Seems the fundraising activities are as private as the financials on the Parsley Empire, if you keep them in the blind, then they will keep giving. Guess if the maoney isn't raised the the infomercials will be on fewer than 1400 cable outlets. When will people realize that when the Church is so large that you can't meet with your minister, then it's time to move on.
Once again, EVIDENCE, please. First, that your SPECULATION that the "fundraising activities are private" and the "financials are private". How private do you think financials ought to be, and for whom? A lot of people would like to "gawk" at "what's in your wallet".

Bottom Line: Each enterprise is responsible to their own constituents until and unless they break the law. Who are you to say why people give to anyone's ministry. It's none of your business.
WHAT

Southfield, MI

#378 Dec 24, 2009
MTE
PLEASE PROVIDE LINKS TO THE INFORMATION THAT BACK UP WHAT YOU ARE CLAIMING.

Enzyte Bob

Bob is livin' large!

#380 Dec 25, 2009
http://www.insideedition.com/storyprint.aspx...

TV Preacher on the Hot Seat
ORIGINAL AIRDATE: 3/25/2009

Controversial TV preacher Leroy Jenkins finally sat down for questions by INSIDE EDITION's Matt Meagher.

"You're an evil bastard. Now put that on the nationwide. That's what you are," exclaimed TV preacher Leroy Jenkins the last time INSIDE EDITION's Matt Meagher tried to interview him

"You Satanist son of a gun. Now get out of here," he continued.
Watching his reaction after that last encounter one might assume Rev. Jenkins would want nothing more to do with INSIDE EDITION cameras. However, the preacher recently agreed to sit down for an interview, saying, "I'm not afraid of the inside or outside edition. I have nothing to hide."

Jenkins has been preaching to millions of people around the world through his crusades and TV ministry. Along the way he's collected tens of millions of dollars in donations.

"I need 20 people that will give $1,000," the Reverend says during one sermon to his followers.

Many desperate people write to Jenkins, asking him to pray for them. Attached to many of those letters is cash, sometimes a dollar, sometimes much more.

But what happens to those letters?

A couple who used to work for Jenkins's ministry tells INSIDE EDITION, "[Jenkins is] taking people's trust and their religion and he's twisting it to make money." They say they read and responded to many of Jenkins's prayer requests.

However, according to the couple, as soon as the money was collected, those letters were quickly destroyed. "Everything they sent in, pictures of their family, their father that's dying, they get shredded."
All the people who sent Jenkins money get a letter back thanking them for their contribution. In it he promises to pray for them, but the former employees say that's all a lie.

Jenkins admits shredding the letters, but he says it's to ensure the privacy of his followers. He says he does pray over some of the letters, but adds, "Anyone who has any brains at all knows preachers don't read all those letters."

Leroy Jenkins says he has the power to heal and perform miracles.
A movie was actually made about his life, starring Robert Wagner and Faye Dunaway. One scene not in the movie is his marriage to his second wife, Eloise Thomas.

Jenkins married the 76-year-old woman less than two weeks after the death of her husband of 51 years. She was whisked off to Las Vegas and she became Mrs. Eloise Jenkins, the preacher's wife.

"I did love her. She was a wonderful person," says Jenkins of his late second wife. "Anybody that knew her loved her."

religioniscrazee

Columbus, OH

#381 Dec 26, 2009
billedk wrote:
<quoted text>
The definition of ignorance is someone who won't engage in any kind of educated dialogue, but instead resorts to diversion of the issues and juvenile name-calling; as in "SSSSSSSSnake!!!" Haw-Hee-Hawww, snort, snort.....u sur r ignrt reeliguz knuklhoos.
Methinks the frying pan calls the pot black.
sound like you are on the ssssssssnakes payroll! lol
billedk

Kansas City, MO

#382 Dec 26, 2009
religioniscrazee wrote:
<quoted text>
sound like you are on the ssssssssnakes payroll! lol
I guess you completely missed the point, because you are doing the same thing. Instead of engaging in goofy, juvenile name calling, why don't you produce some evidence to back up your accusations.

Proof dude, or no one will ever take you seriously--just another
"sssssssssssnorter". foflol
billedk

Kansas City, MO

#383 Dec 26, 2009
Enzyte Bob wrote:
http://www.insideedition.com/s toryprint.aspx?SpecialReportID =2765
TV Preacher on the Hot Seat
ORIGINAL AIRDATE: 3/25/2009
Controversial TV preacher Leroy Jenkins finally sat down for questions by INSIDE EDITION's Matt Meagher.
"You're an evil ****. Now put that on the nationwide. That's what you are," exclaimed TV preacher Leroy Jenkins the last time INSIDE EDITION's Matt Meagher tried to interview him
"You Satanist son of a gun. Now get out of here," he continued.
Watching his reaction after that last encounter one might assume Rev. Jenkins would want nothing more to do with INSIDE EDITION cameras. However, the preacher recently agreed to sit down for an interview, saying, "I'm not afraid of the inside or outside edition. I have nothing to hide."
Jenkins has been preaching to millions of people around the world through his crusades and TV ministry. Along the way he's collected tens of millions of dollars in donations.
"I need 20 people that will give $1,000," the Reverend says during one sermon to his followers.
Many desperate people write to Jenkins, asking him to pray for them. Attached to many of those letters is cash, sometimes a dollar, sometimes much more.
But what happens to those letters?
A couple who used to work for Jenkins's ministry tells INSIDE EDITION, "[Jenkins is] taking people's trust and their religion and he's twisting it to make money." They say they read and responded to many of Jenkins's prayer requests.
However, according to the couple, as soon as the money was collected, those letters were quickly destroyed. "Everything they sent in, pictures of their family, their father that's dying, they get shredded."
All the people who sent Jenkins money get a letter back thanking them for their contribution. In it he promises to pray for them, but the former employees say that's all a lie.
Jenkins admits shredding the letters, but he says it's to ensure the privacy of his followers. He says he does pray over some of the letters, but adds, "Anyone who has any brains at all knows preachers don't read all those letters."
Leroy Jenkins says he has the power to heal and perform miracles.
A movie was actually made about his life, starring Robert Wagner and Faye Dunaway. One scene not in the movie is his marriage to his second wife, Eloise Thomas.
Jenkins married the 76-year-old woman less than two weeks after the death of her husband of 51 years. She was whisked off to Las Vegas and she became Mrs. Eloise Jenkins, the preacher's wife.
"I did love her. She was a wonderful person," says Jenkins of his late second wife. "Anybody that knew her loved her."
Enzyte Bob is back in the Crow's Nest. Watch out below. He not only craps on others but he messes up his own nest in the process. Unsanitary!!

I guess his tactic this time is "guilt by association". He wants everyone to think that Jenkins & Parsley are one in the same. Sorry Bob--anyone can see through your scam.
Cast Him Out

Wellington, OH

#384 Dec 26, 2009
The pharisees and scribes were cast out from the temple. Parsley needs to close down and get a real job instead of leeching from the misguided faithful

Enzyte Bob

Bob is livin' large!

#385 Dec 26, 2009
billedk wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess his tactic this time is "guilt by association". He wants everyone to think that Jenkins & Parsley are one in the same. Sorry Bob--anyone can see through your scam.
They may not be the same man, but they operate exactly the same ..

Both cater to poor congregations;
Both are money grubbers;
Both throw temper tantrums:
Both claim to heal;
Both have TV infomercials.
billedk

Kansas City, MO

#386 Dec 26, 2009
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
They may not be the same man, but they operate exactly the same ..
Both cater to poor congregations;
Both are money grubbers;
Both throw temper tantrums:
Both claim to heal;
Both have TV infomercials.
Brother Bob, are you taking Testimonies today? Last I heard Parsley has a church membership that exceeds 10,000. That doesn't even touch the many people who follow his ministries on T.V. If they thought it was just another infomercial (like Enzytes) they would tune him out, but instead they continue to vote with their wallets. That's what you can't figure out, huh, Bob.

The rest of your diatribe is unsubtantiated blubber.

Enzyte Bob

Bob is livin' large!

#387 Dec 26, 2009
Did I also mention that they also both pass out "prayer cloths" and "miracle water"?
billedk

Kansas City, MO

#388 Dec 26, 2009
Enzyte Bob wrote:
Did I also mention that they also both pass out "prayer cloths" and "miracle water"?
Are you familiar with the Bible, Bob. As one of the major faith's of the world today Christians everywhere regard the Bible as the Word of God. It is still the #1 all time best seller in the world, bar-none. Perhaps you did not know there is a biblical basis for Prayer Cloths. Take a look at Acts 19:11 in the New Testament. Now if you don't accept that for yourself, that's OK. But don't criticize others who do.

I don't know about "miracle water". Never seen or heard of Parsley using it. So how about some documentation on that one?

Since: Jul 09

Groveport, OH

#389 Dec 26, 2009
billedk wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, lets approach it from a different angle. We are in a Court of Law. You are the Prosecutor. The Judge says to you "How do you know the house title is in Parsley's name - produce the Deed and show me. Maybe it's in the name of his church." Then the Judge says "How do you know the house is a million dollar house? Do you have in your hand a bona-fide appraisal to show me? How much does he owe against the house? Do you have a document that shows his mortgage balance? So, then, if you don't have those documents, you don't have any evidence do you? Case dismissed.
By the way, there is no law, nor ever was that says a "man of God" cannot have a million dollar house. That is simply your opinion, and the editorial pages are full of opinionated people. That don't make them right. I know the Bible backwards and forwards, and there is nowhere it says that. In fact, King Solomon was the wisest and richest man that ever lived, and it says God made him that way. That's the only opinion that counts.
http://realestate.co.fairfield.oh.us/Results....
TWO properties worth more than $1,000,000, at least according to the county.Probably worth much more than the appraisal for tax purposes. With about 20 more acres in reserve. All of these properties wrapped up in trusts and other legal mumbo jumbo.
billedk

Kansas City, MO

#390 Dec 26, 2009
Nimby wrote:
<quoted text>
http://realestate.co.fairfield.oh.us/Results....
TWO properties worth more than $1,000,000, at least according to the county.Probably worth much more than the appraisal for tax purposes. With about 20 more acres in reserve. All of these properties wrapped up in trusts and other legal mumbo jumbo.
So what's your point? This ground has already been covered in the debate. How do you know they are all "wrapped up in trusts and other legal mumbo jumbo" -- can you cite some documentation, or are you just shooting from the hip??
billedk

Kansas City, MO

#392 Dec 27, 2009
Nimby wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO at your lameness, numbnuts. You must Pastor Flash himself!!! Go to the Fairfield county website and have a look for youself. It as plain as the nose on your face and all of the legal mumbo jumbo details are right there for all to see.
Are you interested is a serious debate, or are you just another name-calling loudmouth with no intelligence?
A. Someone way before you already cited the values of the Parsley properties. There is no "mumbo jumbo" about it. It's plain, it's clear, and everyone understands it. I don't need to go to your referenced website, because if you had read the previous comments you would know that. So, who is the "lame, numbnuts"??
B. Secondly, there are so many people today that live in $800K homes they can hardly be counted. So, again, what's your point? Are you going to argue that it is a sin to own property valued over YOURS? That's as ignorant as it gets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America Held Hostage Day 187 18 min Randy Moss 16
Clintons linked to Russia $500,000 21 min Cant Lose 79
Proof extra-terrestrials are already here on Ea... 40 min Free Pizza 4 U 3
Are Jobs More Important Than Our Environment? 44 min Hemingway 216
July 27 is Finally Here! 1 hr Pigeon foot 16
Looks like the Swamp is Filling, not Draining 2 hr Duke for Mayor 2
Fire Jeffrey Sessions: dis is aggiN whiteTrash 2 hr Trump Rules USA 1
Why are Trump's Kids so ugly? 4 hr Male 127
Face it. Republican politicians HATEcha. No hea... 5 hr Reality 54
Robert Mueller Investigating Donald Trump 8 hr Reality 612
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) Tue Another CLGI Member 307

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages