Parsley urgently appeals for cash | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

The Rev. Rod Parsley sat in his cavernous, dark sanctuary and pleaded with his flock via video camera.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of392
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
CatInTheHat

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

Help save the big empty building? Nope, I don't think so. There's a recession, ya know?
religioniscrazee

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

OMG! This guy is unbelievable and Rod is the the most evil character in OHio. His "flock" are a bunch of turkeys! He lives like a Saudi King! Do the "people" that follow him even have a mind of there own? It is sooooo obvious he is a con-artist crook!
Jane R

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

God will vindicate the righteous. I'm saddened to read such a scathing report from the Columbus Dispatch. Is it a slow news night? Why don't you report about terrorism, or Obama taking us trillions of dollars into debt - the worst debt accumulation of any President to date! Where's the support of our troops at war?
CatInTheHat

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

Yes, direct the spotlight elsewhere while RevRod sells indulgences; something the Catholic Church did a couple hundred years ago to finance their own Glory Palaces. Jane R needs a clue. Maybe Rod will sell her one?
Thr Old Curmudgeon

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

Pray for Rod before Rod preys on you.
religioniscrazee

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

Jane R wrote:
God will vindicate the righteous. I'm saddened to read such a scathing report from the Columbus Dispatch. Is it a slow news night? Why don't you report about terrorism, or Obama taking us trillions of dollars into debt - the worst debt accumulation of any President to date! Where's the support of our troops at war?
What the F*ck is wrong with you? DOnt you see how he spends "donations" on himself and lives like a king! Have you seen his "home"? His "clothes, cars and bodyguards? Any respectable "man of god" is not going to be living like a "KING". Think about lady, quit supporting a con-artist...just open your eyes!
Doug E

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

As usual the flock has been FLEECED but there is never enough for the evil fat cat at the top. Just say NO folks and pray directly to a God that needs no earthly interpretation from another scam artist.
Observant

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

If there be a God, Rod will get his one day... (but from the other guy more than likely)
Yankee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

Yada, Yada, Yada!
Sterling Silver

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

Jane R wrote:
Hey Parsley, post under your own name, quit trying to hide behind a woman's name.
Irvine

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

religioniscrazee wrote:
<quoted text>
What the **** is wrong with you? DOnt you see how he spends "donations" on himself and lives like a king! Have you seen his "home"? His "clothes, cars and bodyguards? Any respectable "man of god" is not going to be living like a "KING". Think about lady, quit supporting a con-artist...just open your eyes!
Anyone who had built the organization Rod Parsley has built in the secular world would make at least 3x the money in salary and would have equity in the organization as well. You're also showing your ignorance by calling him a con artist. He couldn't be more forthcoming about what he does with the money he raises, whether it be missions, building a television studio or whatever. If you don't like him, say so, but don't just make stuff up.
Fed Up

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

Such a wonderful Christian... "send me money, and I'll pray for you." I guess Rod needs fuel for his jet plane, or perhaps the heat got shut off in one of his three houses.
TimH

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

Perhaps he could sell is million dollar home and his private jet.
ProofInPudding

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

Mr. Parsley is proving himself to be what he really is ... P.T. Barnum incarnate ... nothing more, nothing less. It's just pathetic
Diane Evans

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

Amazing what the death or Oral Roberts Has stirred up.. This is exactly what he "prayed" for money or his health would be taken by the Lord. At his death he was 91...
Just Curious

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

Does this guy have to pay taxes or is he tax exempt? I don't understand how his congregation is ok with the fact that he lives like a king. This world has gone mad.
Diane Evans

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

His ministry hit upon rocky times in the 1980s. There was controversy over his City of Faith medical center, a $250 million investment that eventually folded, and Roberts' widely ridiculed proclamation that God would "call me home" if he failed to meet a fundraising goal of $8 million. A law school he founded also was shuttered.
Diane Evans

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

Its called brain washing....
Just Curious wrote:
Does this guy have to pay taxes or is he tax exempt? I don't understand how his congregation is ok with the fact that he lives like a king. This world has gone mad.
Copyleft

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

Quit giving money to the lying fraud, people. Problem solved.
from the woodpile

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

Yea its kind of like Hank says they want you to send your money to the lord but they give you their address!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of392
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

54 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Famous quotes and books! 16 min BizzyBee 52
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 23 min Formerly attended Xenos 767
retreve your hearts 57 min Reynoldsburger No Onion 2
lieing mother jewel faye (Aug '12) 1 hr retreve your hearts 10
Police: East side man posed as cop, tried to ra... 1 hr yeah baby 4
Mayor Coleman Bristles When Discussing GOP Snub... 1 hr yeah baby 1
Review: Buckeye Auto Tint 2 hr john kenney 3
Is Nevada rancher a freeloader? 2 hr Duke for Mayor 105
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 3 hr would 1,922
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs