Commentary: Stonewall Columbus Pride Parade reminiscent of a Fourth of July parade

Jun 23, 2013 Full story: The Lantern 605

A Pride Parade walker looks to throw bracelets at crowds that lined the street. Pride Parade, part of Stonewall Columbus Pride Festival 2013, took place June 22 on High Street.

Full Story

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#153 Jun 28, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinions aren't subordinate to their opinions, they are subordinate to their RIGHTS.
The First Amendment rights of those opposed to same-sex relationships have been abridged; in other words, they have been subordinated to the so-called rights of same-sex individuals.

Public school students, pastors/priests, military chaplains, public figures -- all have been censored for comments in opposition to same-sex relationships.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#154 Jun 28, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
We should not protect things that are demonstrably harmful to others or violates others' superior rights.
As citizens look to the state as an authority and guide on societal behavior, it is harmful to society for the state to officially promote unnatural, biological-dead-end relationships.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#155 Jun 28, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
As citizens look to the state as an authority and guide on societal behavior, it is harmful to society for the state to officially promote unnatural, biological-dead-end relationships.
Citizens should NOT "look to the state as an authority and guide on societal behavior" ! THAT is the guiding principle of Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, Joseph Stalin, Jimmy Carter, and The Obamaniac !

Americans should have the LIBERTY to do WHATEVER they want with WHOMEVER they want, with the ONLY EXCEPTION being if doing those things harms another person, or infringes on someone else's rights.

Why don't you go to one of the Marxist-Leninist communist dictatorships, such as Cuba, China, Laos, or Vietnam (the only countries left espousing the completely discredited Communist System), as you seem to admire them so much and would fit right in with them ? Why don't you ?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#156 Jun 28, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
Citizens should NOT "look to the state as an authority and guide on societal behavior" ! THAT is the guiding principle of Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, Joseph Stalin, Jimmy Carter, and The Obamaniac !
Americans should have the LIBERTY to do WHATEVER they want with WHOMEVER they want, with the ONLY EXCEPTION being if doing those things harms another person, or infringes on someone else's rights.
Why don't you go to one of the Marxist-Leninist communist dictatorships, such as Cuba, China, Laos, or Vietnam (the only countries left espousing the completely discredited Communist System), as you seem to admire them so much and would fit right in with them ? Why don't you ?
Damn. You're right.
Abolish the law.
John Terhone

Dayton, OH

#157 Jun 28, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
Citizens should NOT "look to the state as an authority and guide on societal behavior" ! THAT is the guiding principle of Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, Joseph Stalin, Jimmy Carter, and The Obamaniac !
Americans should have the LIBERTY to do WHATEVER they want with WHOMEVER they want, with the ONLY EXCEPTION being if doing those things harms another person, or infringes on someone else's rights.
Why don't you go to one of the Marxist-Leninist communist dictatorships, such as Cuba, China, Laos, or Vietnam (the only countries left espousing the completely discredited Communist System), as you seem to admire them so much and would fit right in with them ? Why don't you ?
National class supremacy is evil.

Communism is national proletarian class supremacy, where a proletarian class majority rules over the bourgeoise class.

US diversity is national victim class supremacy, where a victim class majority rules over the oppressor class.

Communism and Diversity were both invented by the same people for the same purpose.

US and Israel are both ruled by a victim class majority.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#158 Jun 28, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Worse, we're being painted as an impediment to the human race itself...by an associate justice of the United States Supreme Court, Anthony Kennedy.
Justice Scalia hit a home run in his dissent:
It is one thing for a society to elect change; it is another for a court of law to impose change by adjudging those who oppose it hostes humani generis, enemies of the human race.
So ... you attend Old Miss?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#159 Jun 28, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Shall we celebrate and protect acts of cannibalism, incest, filicide, and rape then?
Rational man does not take his lead from the behaviors of the irrational animal kingdom.
Many animals use reason. Very chauvinistic, but that was expected.

Note that you describe behaviors which have nothing to do with orientation.

And yes, rationality takes it's lead from wherever accurate information is. Your perspective is not included.

Empirical data trumps theory every time.

In what parts of the human nervous system does emotion reside? How about sexual drive? Orientation?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#160 Jun 28, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
So ... you attend Old Miss?
It's Ole Miss, Yankee, who has no point.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#161 Jun 28, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The First Amendment rights of those opposed to same-sex relationships have been abridged;
They HAVE????
in other words, they have been subordinated to the so-called rights of same-sex individuals.
Public school students, pastors/priests, military chaplains, public figures -- all have been censored for comments in opposition to same-sex relationships.
I'm not aware of anything like that. Censored by whom?(serious inquiry).

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#162 Jun 28, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Many animals use reason. Very chauvinistic, but that was expected.
Note that you describe behaviors which have nothing to do with orientation.
And yes, rationality takes it's lead from wherever accurate information is. Your perspective is not included.
Empirical data trumps theory every time.
In what parts of the human nervous system does emotion reside? How about sexual drive? Orientation?
You failed to answer the question.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#163 Jun 28, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
As citizens look to the state as an authority and guide on societal behavior, it is harmful to society for the state to officially promote unnatural, biological-dead-end relationships.
Not according to the district court ruling (which is the legally binding ruling on the case). There were some very specific "findings of fact" that are counter to your statement.

http://documents.nytimes.com/us-district-cour...

(the specific findings I am referring to begin on page 74)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#164 Jun 28, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Ole Miss, Yankee, who has no point.
You gonna wear butternut this time, too? My Henry LIKES butternut.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#165 Jun 28, 2013

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#166 Jun 28, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to the district court ruling (which is the legally binding ruling on the case). There were some very specific "findings of fact" that are counter to your statement.
http://documents.nytimes.com/us-district-cour...
(the specific findings I am referring to begin on page 74)
<cough, cough>

Mr. Gregory Herek is an openly homosexual-activist/psychologi st at the University of California at Davis.

Can anyone say "bias"?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#167 Jun 28, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
<cough, cough>
Mr. Gregory Herek is an openly homosexual-activist/psychologi st at the University of California at Davis.
Can anyone say "bias"?
Certainly.

Which one(s) are you suggesting ... or admitting to?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_biases

Since: Apr 10

Denver, CO

#168 Jun 28, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The First Amendment rights of those opposed to same-sex relationships have been abridged; in other words, they have been subordinated to the so-called rights of same-sex individuals.
Public school students, pastors/priests, military chaplains, public figures -- all have been censored for comments in opposition to same-sex relationships.
um no just no, the first amendment says we can speak out against the government without punishment from said government, it does not say you can say what ever you want when ever you want, and NO pasters/priests have been arrested or anything else by the government for speaking out against SSM. Schools, military members and government officals in a government role CANNOT speak out for or against ANY religion as per the consitiution of the us. and your rights cannot go against MY RIGHTS. I still dont have the same rights you do simplay because I am Transsexual and engaged to a same sex partner. when we get married in sept our marriage wont be reconized in 38 states where straght marriages are reconized in all 50 states. MY RELIGION views LGBT people as normal and deserving of love just as everyone else. tell me why cis straght people get more rights then I do, why christianity gets more rights than my religion.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#169 Jun 28, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
As citizens look to the state as an authority and guide on societal behavior,
Also, I most certainly do NOT look to the state as an authority and guide for MY behavior.

I look to them as my employee who is supposed to PROTECT my choices, and to balance them with the choices of other citizen to ensure that our choices minimally impact each other, and if that cannot be avoided, to make a determination as to which right is superior (your right to travel freely vs. my right to keep my property free of trespassers, for example).

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#170 Jun 28, 2013
-tip- wrote:
With the exception of the lawmaker, this is just people voicing their opinions, it is not legislators making laws silencing anyone (private entities can censor anyone they please within their sphere of influence (their property, for example).

It seems the lawmaker was being accused of breaking some rule is why they were asking for censure.

I thought you meant GOVERNMENT created a law against voicing an opinion, which I would have certainly stood with you against.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#171 Jun 28, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
<cough, cough>
Mr. Gregory Herek is an openly homosexual-activist/psychologi st at the University of California at Davis.
Can anyone say "bias"?
Doesn't matter. It's in the ruling as "findings of fact", and "findings of fact" are what are used to make these decisions.(and don't look now, but these same "findings of fact" can and will be used in other cases as precedent.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#172 Jun 29, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need to learn another word other than "fantasy." You use it prolifically. Try to add to your lexicon and actually sound intelligent in your posts.
I think ignoring your fantasy is best for productive life.

my intelligence can be proved with diploma's of completion, and how and where I live.

my intelligence also has me working for myself.

I have zero use for someone like yourself, and avoid contact with people like you.

my intelligence has me in a very happy marriage, and less debt in total than what you earn in a year.

how stupid of me.

I should accept your fantasy illusions as real, and have to beg government for assistance because I am a shrub like you?

or I should accept your complete lack of responsibility for anything, reject God, and ride the road to hell with you?

sorry....I reject your ignorance. I will go my way, and keep all people like you far away from me. It is not me that is alone....you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
COPS lives MATTER 3 min Catman Dave 208
African American Male Initiative seeks to help ... 1 hr Catman Dave 11
men who wear nighties (Sep '13) 3 hr Andrew 48 39
Dustin Diamond goes all Jihadi on dude 3 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Who do you side with in New York and why? 4 hr Saved By The TROLL 21
Michelle on Barack: Hes in the bathroom all t... (Nov '13) 4 hr Saved By The TROLL 14
Magic 98.9 Host Khari Enaharo Is Stupid, or.... (Jan '11) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 13
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 5 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 4,945
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:02 am PST

ESPN11:02AM
Browns suspend WR Gordon for season finale
Yahoo! Sports11:25 AM
Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon suspended by team for finale
NBC Sports11:27 AM
Browns suspend receiver Josh Gordon for violation - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports11:27 AM
Browns suspend WR Gordon for finale
CBS Sports12:15 PM
Josh Gordon suspended for Week 17: Five things you need to know