[I apologize if this is a double post; I lost my last reply page.]<quoted text>
Yes, when it demonstrably harms or violates the rights of another. Just as you are controlled from trespassing on my property.
I may believe that it harms children to teach them that same-sex relationships are normal.
I may believe that pornography demeans and objectifies women, harming their status in relationships.
I may believe that the government requiring religious organizations to fund insurance coverage for abortifacients prohibits those organizations' free exercise of religion.
I may believe that two adults who mutually agree to burn down their house, or gouge out each other's eyes, are harming themselves. You do not.
You see, Tony, "harm" is subjective.
And the government -- via its three branches -- is not always correct in its determination thereof.
But common sense informs me that 2% of the population -- via politicians and political pressure groups -- should not have the power to dictate to the other 98% what constitutes "harm."