Commentary: Stonewall Columbus Pride Parade reminiscent of a Fourth of July parade

Jun 23, 2013 Full story: The Lantern 605

A Pride Parade walker looks to throw bracelets at crowds that lined the street. Pride Parade, part of Stonewall Columbus Pride Festival 2013, took place June 22 on High Street.

Full Story

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#238 Jul 2, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those children forced out of school broke a contract?
Families applying to private schools must frequently sign agreements to abide by the school's moral/faith standards.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#239 Jul 3, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
That one isn't one to talk. He has some of the worst grammar and sentence structuring of anyone I've seen on here.
you have seen me now?

so I am under your surveillance?

how exciting.

take out the trash while your snooping around the house, and pick up the dog poop for me.

I will tape a fifty to the trash can for your trouble.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#240 Jul 3, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
It IS ironic, isn't it???
ironic is you and Che.

neither of you provide value to an equation.

irony is you are part of the problem. You both are squishy liberals.

How exciting to be called out by abject morons who barley possess the brain power to operate their own lungs.

That is ironic.

Guess my laughing in your face is a hate crime by your brilliant thought process.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#241 Jul 3, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those children forced out of school broke a contract?
yes.

they agreed to terms, and paid tuition in acceptance of those terms.

they disregarded the terms. and the school released them from the agreement, and quit accepting tuition payments.

that sums up the situation.

are you saying an all girl school must accept a male that prefers males as dates?

You lost me.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#243 Jul 3, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess people who evolved from apes have difficulty grasping rational thought. We must be patient with them, as their bestial rationale is so far-fetched, we cannot help but pity them.
Do you have difficulty grasping rational thought? It seems you do.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#244 Jul 3, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
In each case you cited, the subjects broke contracts to which they knowingly agreed.
In other words, you believe same-sex practitioners to be above the law.
No, they did not. When religious institutions put in their little "morality" clause, it often is not specific so they are allowed to pick and choose as they see fit. Especially in the case of a boy who was kicked out of school. His parents have nothing to do with the education he receives at school.

Either way, it proves these institutions are hypocritical.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#245 Jul 3, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Same-sex relationships do not reflect Nature's complementarian design; the lack of the necessary tools for procreation always was, and still is, means for believing the relationship to be contrary to Nature's plan.
You think you understand the design of nature? lol That's a laugh. Nature and everything within it is constantly evolving, changing, etc. Who is to say it isn't a natural process for homosexuality to become more prevalent because the world could become overpopulated?

You go ahead and believe the sole purpose of a relationship is to procreate. The rest of us normal people will continue living our lives as we see fit.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#246 Jul 3, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you have seen me now?
so I am under your surveillance?
how exciting.
take out the trash while your snooping around the house, and pick up the dog poop for me.
I will tape a fifty to the trash can for your trouble.
You're seriously nuts. Like scary nuts. Rambling is what you do best. Probably all you do.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#247 Jul 3, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
ironic is you and Che.
neither of you provide value to an equation.
irony is you are part of the problem. You both are squishy liberals.
How exciting to be called out by abject morons who barley possess the brain power to operate their own lungs.
That is ironic.
Guess my laughing in your face is a hate crime by your brilliant thought process.
You try so hard, but you always fail.

Location hidden

#248 Jul 3, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have difficulty grasping rational thought? It seems you do.
As Reader would say, "Non-responsive."

Location hidden

#249 Jul 3, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they did not. When religious institutions put in their little "morality" clause, it often is not specific so they are allowed to pick and choose as they see fit. Especially in the case of a boy who was kicked out of school. His parents have nothing to do with the education he receives at school.
Either way, it proves these institutions are hypocritical.
Arse-backwards again, Manilow.

It the opposite of hypocritical to uphold an institution's stated standards.

Location hidden

#250 Jul 3, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
You think you understand the design of nature? lol That's a laugh. Nature and everything within it is constantly evolving, changing, etc. Who is to say it isn't a natural process for homosexuality to become more prevalent because the world could become overpopulated?
You go ahead and believe the sole purpose of a relationship is to procreate. The rest of us normal people will continue living our lives as we see fit.
No one said the sole purpose of a relationship is to procreate.
Relationships within Nature, however, are by default complementarian and designed to do so.
Otherwise, the species would cease to exist; thus, it is irrational for the members of a species to pursue a relationship that leads to such a biological dead-end.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#251 Jul 3, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said the sole purpose of a relationship is to procreate.
Relationships within Nature, however, are by default complementarian and designed to do so.
Otherwise, the species would cease to exist; thus, it is irrational for the members of a species to pursue a relationship that leads to such a biological dead-end.
You are assuming that all in a species would follow the same behaviors. This is clearly not the case. Nobody is suggesting that everyone become gay, just as nobody said every relationship must procreate.

Location hidden

#252 Jul 3, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are assuming that all in a species would follow the same behaviors. This is clearly not the case. Nobody is suggesting that everyone become gay, just as nobody said every relationship must procreate.
You continue to deny the plain fact that same-sex behaviors are incongruent with Nature's design.

Planet Earth

#253 Jul 3, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to deny the plain fact that same-sex behaviors are incongruent with Nature's design.
Not denying it at all, just asking "so what"?

Location hidden

#254 Jul 3, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not denying it at all, just asking "so what"?
"So what" is the bar for human behavior?

Since: Apr 10

Denver, CO

#255 Jul 3, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
um you couldnt be more wrong, MANY species on earth exhibit homosexual behavior
http://www.yalescientific.org/2012/03/do-anim...
http://www.livescience.com/3697-sex-behavior-...

so unless you can find a true PEER REVIEWED study that proves otherwise you are WRONG. just as religions were WRONG in saying women are not equal same with blacks and left handed people and such. you want natral, go around naked dont ever bathe or cut your hair or nails or use tools or meds or eat anything but raw foods.

Planet Earth

#256 Jul 3, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
"So what" is the bar for human behavior?
For behaviors which cannot be demonstrated to a reasonable certainty to harm or violate the superior rights of others, yes.

Owning a gun, for example.

Location hidden

#257 Jul 3, 2013
JessicaDawn wrote:
<quoted text>um you couldnt be more wrong, MANY species on earth exhibit homosexual behavior
http://www.yalescientific.org/2012/03/do-anim...
http://www.livescience.com/3697-sex-behavior-...
so unless you can find a true PEER REVIEWED study that proves otherwise you are WRONG. just as religions were WRONG in saying women are not equal same with blacks and left handed people and such. you want natral, go around naked dont ever bathe or cut your hair or nails or use tools or meds or eat anything but raw foods.
Cannibalism, rape, incest and filicide are also observed in the animal kingdom.
Shall society take steps to protect, honor and encourage these behaviors?

Location hidden

#258 Jul 3, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
For behaviors which cannot be demonstrated to a reasonable certainty to harm or violate the superior rights of others, yes.
Owning a gun, for example.
For rational mankind, the question is not one of superior rights.
It is one of right vs. wrong.

And for that exact reason, we do not condone cannibalism, rape, incest and filicide, as observed in the animal kingdom.

If two individuals mutually consent to burn down their house, or gouge each other's eyes out -- and since these actions affect no one else -- shall society condone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you side with in New York and why? 40 min Oliver Canterbarry 0
The Middle East 46 min Oliver Canterbarry 5
Sharpton Owes 4.5 Million In State And Federal ... 50 min Duke for Mayor 7
convert to islam online and become a muslim 52 min Oliver Canterbarry 6
End of Life on Earth 54 min Duke for Mayor 15
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 54 min Oliver Canterbarry 4,849
Body in North Side parking lot is a homicide 58 min Duke for Mayor 3
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 9 hr Big Papa Tea 321
COPS lives MATTER Sun They cannot kill ... 48
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:21 pm PST

Bleacher Report 8:21PM
Green Suffers Arm Injury on Monday Night
Bleacher Report 8:26 PM
Ward Carted off with Neck Injury
NFL 8:52 PM
Bengals punch playoff ticket with win over Broncos
NBC Sports 8:56 PM
Dre Kirkpatrick pick-6 seals playoff berth for Bengals in 37-28 win over Broncos
ESPN 9:10 PM
Bengals' late pick 6 of Peyton helps seal berth