Comments
481 - 500 of 1,148 Comments Last updated Apr 18, 2013
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#489
Feb 28, 2013
 
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me a link that says that President Obama released 600 criminals from prison. You can't, because it's not true. Just like your 9000 gun law fiasco and most everything else you write here.
it is true; and being looked at as an impeachable offense.

sorry to burst your fantasy; but your God President is useless.

if you can click a mouse, then you can find the prisoner release; and the impeachment talk.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#490
Feb 28, 2013
 
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Very good post. No one likes to mention the powerful money lobbyist, who's job it is to find every loop hole and advantage it can for their employer! The right likes to strickly focus on what individuals are getting in terms of government aid, but never argues about why a multibillion industry need to get subsidies and abatements, when their profits are record high.
The social dynamics of single mothers getting aide will not km take them run out and get married, attend church, and wave a flag on the forth of July because the checks were cut off or reduced! The 1950's version of the nuclear family structure, is a thing long in the past that will never come back full swing. It's over, for the most part.
Women want their autonomy, freedom of choices, and independence from a male-centered dominate role. That's just the facts for millions of women, regardless of race. It's just that the black communities are suffering more because of that choice, with crime and teen pregnancies. Women can date a guy, spend a few hours at his place after dinner on Friday night, get the business done, then go home to the kids, totally independent from the control of a man! That is the new reality, like it or not. And that trend is not reversing.
when the gravy train stops, so does behavior you outlined.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#491
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
it is true; and being looked at as an impeachable offense.
sorry to burst your fantasy; but your God President is useless.
if you can click a mouse, then you can find the prisoner release; and the impeachment talk.
This, like everything else you offer, is utter bullshit.
Seriouslady

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#492
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wait what wrote:
Why get married, Reader? And let me be clear: I am not going after someone who made a responsible decision to adopt children knowing full well what was ahead. I am referring to those with whom I've come in contact who don't understand the financial challenges of raising children because they are used to - and now expect - the government to do the job that our parents and grandparents had to do for themselves. And despite your hint that I am a racist, this kind of attitude is quite pervasive in the younger generation in general.
Two excellent posts, WW. Also, RS is making excellent points.
Facts don't make any difference to Reader or Che. Neither one is worth your time.
All they have is time.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#493
Feb 28, 2013
 
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
This, like everything else you offer, is utter bullshit.
OF Skippy...I will play along with your fantasy.

it is going to be a blast to watch the news in March.

I hope they hurry up, I am fishing April - September.

My budget is 500 gallons a month of fuel in the boat. It was 750; but the wife sequestered that idea.

signed sealed with dock, 1 month prior to ice out.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#494
Feb 28, 2013
 
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Racist baiter that you are, you deserve no response. I merely quoted a fact - one acknowledged by the black community. If you're really interested in why, I suggest you find some black community sites to review articles and comments there.
What I am interested in is why you brought it up.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#495
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
What I am interested in is why you brought it up.
it is 1:30PM

another loon woke up.

see above Reader post.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#496
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
OF Skippy...I will play along with your fantasy.
it is going to be a blast to watch the news in March.
I hope they hurry up, I am fishing April - September.
My budget is 500 gallons a month of fuel in the boat. It was 750; but the wife sequestered that idea.
signed sealed with dock, 1 month prior to ice out.
Your Walter Mitty boat fantasy doesn't change the fact that your posts are bullshit. In fact, they support that conclusion.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#497
Feb 28, 2013
 
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind. I'm taking the bait. Indeed, all minorities cannot function without the government to save us (sarcasm off)!
Study Finds Median Wealth For Single Black Women At $5
Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/news/us/s...
It is a very intereting article, but it hardly supports the notion that entitlements explain the growing number of single parent families.

In fact, the only thing that comes close to your statement that "minorities cannot function without the government to save us" is noting that black women--following lives working at lower paying jobs with far less opportunity to amass wealth, rely more heavily on Social Security. That's not saying that they get any more than anyone else--but rather that they have LESS of other things: real estate, savings, pension, and so forth than white women.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#498
Feb 28, 2013
 
Wait what wrote:
Why get married, Reader? And let me be clear: I am not going after someone who made a responsible decision to adopt children knowing full well what was ahead. I am referring to those with whom I've come in contact who don't understand the financial challenges of raising children because they are used to - and now expect - the government to do the job that our parents and grandparents had to do for themselves. And despite your hint that I am a racist, this kind of attitude is quite pervasive in the younger generation in general.
Benefits now have a lifetime maximum and have since the Clinton administration.

If you look up the data for Franklin County, you will see that the bulk of benefits is no longer cash subsidies, but rather Medicaid and food stamps for working people with low income.

Now does that mean that everyone who might do something stupid has thought better of it? No it does not. But you can hardly believe the myth that births to teenage parent are on the rise (the opposite is true) and that this is being caused by easy access to entitlements.

But, with regard to marriage or being a single parent, I have witness the break-up of a number of young relationships that I cheered--despite the bond of children between them. Unless the guy can contribute, I say, better off without him.

And the sad reality is that we have too many young men who leave school before graduation, too many who are only scarcely employable, and too many bound for jail. And it's not just because they lack "role models." We have structured an education system around the notion that some kids will never make it, and that system works to push them out from an early age--frequently despite the best efforts of families to keep pushing them back in.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#499
Feb 28, 2013
 
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Walter Mitty boat fantasy doesn't change the fact that your posts are bullshit. In fact, they support that conclusion.
I am clueless in regards to your comments.....

But I heard Jay Carney blame ICE; and Obama never knew it occurred according to Jay.

With Benghazi, 600 released prisoners, fast & furious,....how is it that the most powerful man in the world with the most employees, with the best communications and surveillance in the world, has employees running around behind his back allowing murder, the escape of 600 prisoners; and free assault rifles to the mexican drug lords without his knowledge?

funny how he watched the Bin Laden killing with his minions in the basement; but missed the live feeds of benghazi?

and instead of actually doing his job, he is spending millions of taxpayer dollars spreading outright lies, when he should be working on a spreadsheet to correct what he wrote the first time.

your wold is blowing up in your face; and it is a blast to watch it on TV.

thanks for the entertainment.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#500
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I am clueless in regards to your comments.....
But I heard Jay Carney blame ICE; and Obama never knew it occurred according to Jay.
With Benghazi, 600 released prisoners, fast & furious,....how is it that the most powerful man in the world with the most employees, with the best communications and surveillance in the world, has employees running around behind his back allowing murder, the escape of 600 prisoners; and free assault rifles to the mexican drug lords without his knowledge?
funny how he watched the Bin Laden killing with his minions in the basement; but missed the live feeds of benghazi?
and instead of actually doing his job, he is spending millions of taxpayer dollars spreading outright lies, when he should be working on a spreadsheet to correct what he wrote the first time.
your wold is blowing up in your face; and it is a blast to watch it on TV.
thanks for the entertainment.
All of that bloviating and not a single link supporting your claim that President Obama released 600 criminals from prison. Why should I be surprised?

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#501
Feb 28, 2013
 
Wait what wrote:
Julia’s mother: Why a single mom is better off with a $29,000 job and welfare than taking a $69,000 job
http://www.aei-ideas.org/2012/07/julias-mothe...
Didn't read it, but I am familiar with the reality. There is always an economic point at which benefits are lost. Prior to the Clinton reforms that point tended to occur concurrent with employment, any employment. This meant that a family on assistance was faced with the difficult decision of working a low income job and foregoing Medicaid or accepting cash assistance that was roughly equivalent, or perhaps a little lower.

The Clinton reforms created something of a sliding scale to ease the transition. But the reality is that no matter where you set the bar, there will be a stepping off point. And if the available job does not offer a health care benefit and a sufficient pay differential to make up for other lost benefits, the difficult choice will still be there. However, at $29,000 there are likely to be other considerations--such as long-term potential for advancement and the like.

But, what would you suggest?

I recall reading an article in the New Yorker back at the time of the failure of the Hillary plan for health care suggesting that all paths tend to lead to universal health care as the most practical option for just this reason.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#502
Feb 28, 2013
 
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post.
It is interesting that most of this hatred is driven by homosexuals and the same antagonism can be seen on this forum by (closeted homosexuals) posters who are exposed by their failure to procreate as well as the "open" posters like Progressive Ohioan.
Huh?

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#503
Feb 28, 2013
 
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't a large corporation in the country that doesn't have a department whose job is to do the exact same thing; looking for grants, loans, rebates, abatements, etc.
You fundamentally misunderstand the liberal perspective. That perspective, at least for me and those I know and read, is that while government spending needs to be controlled, we don't need to do it on the backs of the weakest of us. Fraud and waste in the welfare system needs to be corrected, but only after we clean up the fraud and waste in the Pentagon, and in the issuing of public contracts, and in oil and agriculture subsidies, etc.
It seems the GOP position is to prioritize where the cuts get made by seeing who has the weakest lobby and starting there.
I would also note that when we are talking about fraud and waste in programs like Medicare/Medicaid, it is providers and suppliers who are in a position to rip off the gov't, rather than recipients. Same would be most likely be true of health insurance fraud across the spectrum.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#504
Feb 28, 2013
 
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Now take out the word abortion and replace it with guns and you will see why most of us 2nd amendment folks are upset.
One part of a more comprehensive solution.

Some other parts include better means by which to trace guns once purchased in order to identify those who make money by passing them on to folks who cannot (or do not choose to) legally buy them. However, that seems no more popular (perhaps even less so) among the NRA folks.

And the notion of creating a database sufficient to make background checks effective also makes some folks queasy.

Punching up the mental health care system is also sorely needed--even though it shouldn't take the spectre of armed crazy people to make happen. But that one's gonna take some bucks, not to mention time.

And there's a whole bunch of really comprehensive stuff needed to combat gang violence. But, it tends to involve stuff like community program, public education, jobs--really essential reforms. Anybody willing to salute when we run that on up the flag-pole? And just as an aside, the same sorts of things tend to have a positive impact on things like teen pregnancy and the like.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505
Feb 28, 2013
 
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
any sane person realizes this; and anyone who does not should never be allowed near or even allowed to give opinions regarding spending.
Aw, c'mon RS!

We let you give opinions on all kinds of things that you don't know anything about.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#506
Feb 28, 2013
 
Reality Speaks wrote:
at midnight tonight the world ends as we know it.
Have you been listening to our President?
Since he has released 600 criminals from prison already prior to the fantasy cut; and he has sent letters to Govt employees requesting they get their finances straight. The employees are subject to hours being cut 20%.
However the refugee Somalians are getting raises.
Maybe next time you vote you will use your head; and not fantasy non stop campaigns that solve nothing to guide you.
You leaving for Canada?
Reality speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#507
Feb 28, 2013
 
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
All of that bloviating and not a single link supporting your claim that President Obama released 600 criminals from prison. Why should I be surprised?
link?

just watch Jay Carney's lips move; and turn up the sound.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508
Feb 28, 2013
 
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Women want their autonomy, freedom of choices, and independence from a male-centered dominate role. That's just the facts for millions of women, regardless of race. It's just that the black communities are suffering more because of that choice, with crime and teen pregnancies. Women can date a guy, spend a few hours at his place after dinner on Friday night, get the business done, then go home to the kids, totally independent from the control of a man! That is the new reality, like it or not. And that trend is not reversing.
Nice to hear a guy recognize this.

However, it would also be nice to see a movement for guys to re-engage and discover how to have relationships that are neither primarily based on "getting the business done" nor on control.

I may not be the world's strongest cheerleader when it comes to the stereotypical nuclear model, but I do fervently believe in family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••