NBC Declares War on Christians

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Comments (Page 11)

Showing posts 201 - 220 of1,148
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#206
Feb 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and you want to change the rules regarding marriage, gun ownership, taxes, entitlements, education, smoking, path to citizenship.
your idea of marriage or desire of partner never would require an abortion because nature prohibits it; and liberals scream unfair, so the leftist court allows adoption for homosexual couples.
So because I think marriage should be redefined that excuses the killing of rape babies? I don't get the point you are trying to make.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#207
Feb 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

VADoc wrote:
I'd love to see an artist use a national grant to do like "piss Christ" and instead of putting a crucifix into a jar of urine you could put a copy of the Koran in a jar of bacon grease.
What would happen? Do you think the media would be outraged? Do you think there would be lots of protests? Do you think the artist would be killed by Islamists?
What's stopping you from doing it?
VADoc

Aiken, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#208
Feb 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
What's stopping you from doing it?
I'm not an artist. ;-)
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#209
Feb 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not an artist. ;-)
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be very careful about what we pretend to be.

woof

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#210
Feb 25, 2013
 
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be very careful about what we pretend to be.
woof
In fact, people are often not what they pretend to be.
However...

"The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be."

-- Socrates
OhRly

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#211
Feb 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Honestly, I can't tell who in this thread is even religious based on whats being said between all of you. My suggestion is you all get off of the internet and go play outside - do something other than whine about your butthurt egos. It's just not very... christian of you.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212
Feb 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
no
see when you are attacked....you defend yourself.
if you don't, you either submit or die.
these are absolutes, something a leftist like you refuse to accept.
Seems like at least half of war has to be offensive, then.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#213
Feb 25, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
:-) Che and Reader (aka 'skimmer' and 'twister')play a game of 'pounce' on anything the rest of us post. And they always look the fools in the end.
Howdy, NC. Love you state and visit often.
"the rest of you"

eye roll

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#214
Feb 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ginger wrote:
SNL is not churning out negatives toward other religions, particularly Islam, because of politics, money, power. There is an agenda and will continue to be agenda (world politics at which US & Christians are in center-with power as goal, not souls). Recently Saudi prince (Islamist) donated largest monies to Georgetown and Harvard Universities in history (millions and millions) with stipulation that Islam be taught in US public schools (well, there was a thin guise that teaching be done with intent to increase tolerance among all-boiled down to Islam "facts" be taught (which is now being done for junior highers and high schoolers - we are after all "separation of church and state" country (meaning skewed from orig constitutional intent})
that said, faith and sticking to what is true can be done even in the most heinous of environments. It is still illegal to speak of Christianity in many Middle Eastern countries and Islam is taught as daily part of curriculum, but they weren't founded on "freedom to all" concept as we were. Their political concept integrates their religion with every aspect of country. Basically, our founding premise of freedom to all (at that time Christians were being persecuted and wrote the constitution) is being used to now "dis" Christians.
Bible says Christians will be known for their love. This is how it perseveres too.
Dunno where you are getting your "facts" from, but neither Georgetown nor Harvard controls the teaching in public schools in the US.

Further, I don't know any religion that limits itself to the small sphere of worship without attempting to set parameters for the behavior of believers in all other parts of their lives--including the political. Christianity has in other times and countries served as an official state religion to codify such parameters legally. Further, there are Christians in the US today who are crying loudly that this was also the intent of our founders.

Most historians and legal experts reject this view of US mandates and are quite clear that the US never intended to be a theocracy, and viewed theocracy itself--based on the experiences of many Chistian groups who settled here to escape persecution at the hands of OTHER Christians who held the upper hand in their government--as a problem to be guarded against.
Michael collins

Bear, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#215
Feb 25, 2013
 
I find myself wondering the same things. Its time for Christians to take a stand against this. Good I've been wondering when an article like this would show up

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#216
Feb 25, 2013
 
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that doesn't seem to be much of an answer to the question.
Why is ok to kill little babies conceived by rape or incest or to potentially save a mother's life?
OK I'll bite....

You have stumbled onto a question I ask myself often related to this issue.

The answer is, if you are truly anti abortion there should be no instance where abortion is a viable alternative.

In the case of rape / incest obviously the child was not complicit in the crime, just the result of the crime.

If a pregnancy was going to kill the mother and the child (Sophie's choice) I guess you might be able to justify terminating the pregnancy.

Thankfully I was born a man and will never have to make a decision regarding abortion.

As a man I prefer to leave the decision to the women involved since after all, it is their body and their life.

But to be truthful; your question, which I have wrestled with stops me from forming a definitive opinion on the issue as I can not come up with an answer that I can justify.

I would certainly like to see late term abortion outlawed, with specificity... the killing of an infant that could survive outside of the womb.
I would certainly like to see abortion become less commonplace.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#217
Feb 25, 2013
 
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunno where you are getting your "facts" from, but neither Georgetown nor Harvard controls the teaching in public schools in the US.
No, but Boston University did:

Chelsea, MA:
In 1988, the school board made the unprecedented move of delegating its authority for control of the school district to Boston University. In June 2008, the partnership with Boston University ended, and the schools returned to full local control.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea,_Massach...

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#218
Feb 25, 2013
 
6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK I'll bite....
You have stumbled onto a question I ask myself often related to this issue.
The answer is, if you are truly anti abortion there should be no instance where abortion is a viable alternative.
In the case of rape / incest obviously the child was not complicit in the crime, just the result of the crime.
If a pregnancy was going to kill the mother and the child (Sophie's choice) I guess you might be able to justify terminating the pregnancy.
Thankfully I was born a man and will never have to make a decision regarding abortion.
As a man I prefer to leave the decision to the women involved since after all, it is their body and their life.
But to be truthful; your question, which I have wrestled with stops me from forming a definitive opinion on the issue as I can not come up with an answer that I can justify.
I would certainly like to see late term abortion outlawed, with specificity... the killing of an infant that could survive outside of the womb.
I would certainly like to see abortion become less commonplace.
I think you have done a good job of summing up roughly where I fall on the spectrum. In fact, I would suggest that most of the pro-choice people I know fall within the same general area.

I believe that the things that we need to do to make abortion less commonplace have nothing to do with the law and everything to do with education, about birth control, about responsible relationships and about human sexuality in general--from the perspectives of both morality (the realm of home and church) and basic hygiene and biology (the realm of schools).

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#219
Feb 25, 2013
 
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>No, but Boston University did:
Chelsea, MA:
In 1988, the school board made the unprecedented move of delegating its authority for control of the school district to Boston University. In June 2008, the partnership with Boston University ended, and the schools returned to full local control.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea,_Massach...
I believe that the state would still have maintained ultimate authority for academic standards, funding, licensing and most likely (not sure how it is in Massachussetts) some control over curricula. And as a public school system they would still be governed by applicable portions of the State and Federal Constitutions.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220
Feb 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that the state would still have maintained ultimate authority for academic standards, funding, licensing and most likely (not sure how it is in Massachussetts) some control over curricula. And as a public school system they would still be governed by applicable portions of the State and Federal Constitutions.
You don't get it, do you? It's called "indoctrination." BU leftists getting hold of elementary school students in a dump like Chelsea must have been a Democrat wet dream.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#221
Feb 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Consider these stats and know that the Progres "rape, incest, life/health of the mother/baby..." flags are mere excuses to continue to allow across this nation abortion on demand for any reason whatsoever.

98 % of U.S. abortions are performed based on:

Personal Choice [with the following reasons given]:

--too young/immature/not ready for responsibility
--economic
--to avoid adjusting life
--mother single or in poor relationship
--enough children already
--sex selection

The remaining 2 % are performed for other reasons, as follows:

Rape 0.3 %
Incest 0.03 %
Physical life of mother 0.2 %
Physical health of mother 1.0 %
Fetal health 0.5 %

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/aborti...

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#222
Feb 25, 2013
 
*Progressives'

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#223
Feb 25, 2013
 
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>You don't get it, do you? It's called "indoctrination." BU leftists getting hold of elementary school students in a dump like Chelsea must have been a Democrat wet dream.
Yeah, imagine the opportunity they had to "indoctrinate" them into the world of reading, writing and doing math.

Look if all you righties of means want to hole up in the suburbs and forsake all responsibility for the public educations systems you leave behind, you can hardly complain when someone steps in to offer assistance.

And btw, I don't guess that Hilliard Public Schools are quite a pantheon of rightist thinking. It's my observation that righties of means tend to want a whole lot of lefty-type things for their own kids. Superb education, critical thinking. Athletics, music and the arts. Even a hat-tip to tolerance.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#224
Feb 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

-tip- wrote:
Consider these stats and know that the Progres "rape, incest, life/health of the mother/baby..." flags are mere excuses to continue to allow across this nation abortion on demand for any reason whatsoever.
98 % of U.S. abortions are performed based on:
Personal Choice [with the following reasons given]:
--too young/immature/not ready for responsibility
--economic
--to avoid adjusting life
--mother single or in poor relationship
--enough children already
--sex selection
The remaining 2 % are performed for other reasons, as follows:
Rape 0.3 %
Incest 0.03 %
Physical life of mother 0.2 %
Physical health of mother 1.0 %
Fetal health 0.5 %
http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/aborti...
There are times when the economic situation, the family situation (including an abusive partner) and youth should all be considered.

The question that you folks seem to choke on is who decides. You want the state to decide (which has never worked well in the past). Pro-choice folks (who may or may not be politically progressive) want the pregnant person to decide in conjunction with a doctor and those friends/family members she determines to be helpful.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#225
Feb 25, 2013
 
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Che looks like the supreme dumbass of all dumbasses all the time.
Hey, Bud. He is. Corn this year or soy? Soy for me. Tired of looking at corn and nothing else!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 201 - 220 of1,148
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

53 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is Barak Obama responsible for the current bord... 3 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 86
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 7 min Reality Speaks 2,740
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 20 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 28,652
muslim brotherhood authorizes 'anal jihad' 37 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 58
Do we need to impeach Obama to save America? 1 hr tranpsosition 33
Music 2 hr Pale Rider 9
Will Obama Resign From Office? 3 hr tranpsosition 584
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••