Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

My wife was in a webinar today led by an attorney for one of the major health insurance carriers. One of the things he laid out is a nasty provision concerning eligibility for the subsidy. Two basic points:

1) If you have a spouse whose employer will let you buy into their plan...no matter the astronomical cost, you are inelgible for subsidy. So. Even if that plan would cost you a billion dollars a year, it is deemed, legally, "affordable"...becau se you have access to it. Same for the kids.

2) The above is also true in the case where the spouse pays a sizeable portion of his/her own premium. The law keeps the above scenario in place up to the threshold of the employee paying 9.5% of their annual income toward their health insurance premium.

"Affordability" in the law is strictly a legal definition...I would argue, "a legal fiction". This is in contrast to how Obama hooked and swindled people on a moral connotation of the word "Affordable".

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Pr Jonah wrote:
My wife was in a webinar today led by an attorney for one of the major health insurance carriers. One of the things he laid out is a nasty provision concerning eligibility for the subsidy. Two basic points:
1) If you have a spouse whose employer will let you buy into their plan...no matter the astronomical cost, you are inelgible for subsidy. So. Even if that plan would cost you a billion dollars a year, it is deemed, legally, "affordable"...becau se you have access to it. Same for the kids.
2) The above is also true in the case where the spouse pays a sizeable portion of his/her own premium. The law keeps the above scenario in place up to the threshold of the employee paying 9.5% of their annual income toward their health insurance premium.
"Affordability" in the law is strictly a legal definition...I would argue, "a legal fiction". This is in contrast to how Obama hooked and swindled people on a moral connotation of the word "Affordable".
Your first point may be moot a year from now...then the sh!t will really fly:

Abbott's White: Employers to scrap health plans under Obamacare

The chief executive of Abbott Laboratories warned Tuesday that he expects more corporations to drop employee health care insurance as a result of the health care law and some of the taxes it levies over the next five years.

I can tell you that the employees of Abbott or AbbVie (the pharmaceutical firm Abbott spun off in January) are going to be pretty unhappy about that, you know, if we did that, he told members of the CFA Society of Chicago, an association of investment analysts, at a luncheon.

I think were in for kind of a mess here, White said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaki...

“Old Right”

Since: Jan 13

State-Run Media

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

http://news.yahoo.com/obamacare-sign-ups-stat...

The leading state has 35K enrolled, and we are supposedly going to insure millions???
WW aka I TOLD YOU SO

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Pr Jonah wrote:
Excuse me, but for at least 2 years I've been warning about what you just wrote. Why, oh why, is any of this a surprise?
You forgot one thing: It was the Democratic Supermajority in 2010 who repealed the vouchers for working families. And still the Republicans get blamed!
WW aka I TOLD YOU SO

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Pr Jonah wrote:
Now consider the above, add in a high deductible (the law allows up to almost $6K for single coverage, almost $12K for families) for people who are working lower-wage jobs (many are at this point, especially older workers who are lucky to have found anything at all) who will have to spend 2 or 3 months' worth of take-home pay before anything is covered.

I TOLD YOU SO.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Senator wants the government to buy American 8 min They cannot kill a Spook 12
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 24 min Haha 2,007
BundyFest 2014 34 min Big Johnson 2
Is Nevada rancher a freeloader? 1 hr Real Tea Party 322
What's your favorite lager beer? 1 hr Real Tea Party 17
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Canton 25,368
When will Obama be Arrested???? 1 hr Duke for Mayor 16
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••