US won’t be returning to moon, NASA c...

Since: Jan 12

United States

#45 Apr 8, 2013
Yeah, we need to spend our taxes on solving the problems of all those people living on the moon. What better way to spend our dollars while bridges and train tracks above them are falling into decay.

I just seen a tunnel crumbling at E.Livingston and Nelson Rd. You can see the sorry attempt at "patching "it with a few bags of quickcrete. Pitiful!!
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#46 Apr 8, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>NASA's budget has been shrinking for decades. Food stamp use is up 34% in the past two years.
What were you saying about false equivalence?

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#47 Apr 8, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got your logic working backwards again, Cleavon.
Why don't you tell us why you think Apollo 11, or any unclassified manned US spaceflight was of a military nature.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#48 Apr 8, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
Yeah, we need to spend our taxes on solving the problems of all those people living on the moon. What better way to spend our dollars while bridges and train tracks above them are falling into decay.
I just seen a tunnel crumbling at E.Livingston and Nelson Rd. You can see the sorry attempt at "patching "it with a few bags of quickcrete. Pitiful!!
Then call the city council and the Franklin County engineer's office. That has nothing to do with the feds.
Food stamps cost FOUR TIMES what NASA does in a single year.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#49 Apr 8, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
What were you saying about false equivalence?
It's all federal tax dollars, moron.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#50 Apr 8, 2013
Thats right wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you think NASA is going to lasso a small astroid,mount a camera on it and throw it into the moons orbit?They want to observe what's going on,on the moon.They really are going to do that.Please don't make fun of Donald's hairpiece.
Uh...don't you think a satellite could do that for about 1% of the cost? Oh, wait...

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#51 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>Why don't you tell us why you think Apollo 11, or any unclassified manned US spaceflight was of a military nature.
Why don't you tell me how much Yugoslavia weighs? If you'd like, you may insert the word "Yugosphere" for chronological accuracy.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#52 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>Then call the city council and the Franklin County engineer's office. That has nothing to do with the feds.
Food stamps cost FOUR TIMES what NASA does in a single year.
That sounds like a pretty good return to me. There's a lot more than four times as many poor hungry kids and adults on Earth than there are hungry astronauts.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#53 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>Why don't you tell us why you think Apollo 11, or any unclassified manned US spaceflight was of a military nature.
Huh?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#54 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>It's all federal tax dollars, moron.
Yeah. So? The cost of one has nothing to do with the value of the other.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#55 Apr 8, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like a pretty good return to me. There's a lot more than four times as many poor hungry kids and adults on Earth than there are hungry astronauts.
woof
Yeah, because we all know that every penny of the food stamp budget is spent on nutritious food, that there is no waste or fraud and that every single recipient is truly in need. Right.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#56 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>Yeah, because we all know that every penny of the food stamp budget is spent on nutritious food, that there is no waste or fraud and that every single recipient is truly in need. Right.
I really don't care a whole lot about that. The amount of fraud in the food stamp program is comparatively miniscule in relation to the value it produces. Look into it. Or don't.

woof

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#57 Apr 8, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. So? The cost of one has nothing to do with the value of the other.
The value of the space program has always outweighed that of public assistance.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#58 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>Yeah, because we all know that every penny of the food stamp budget is spent on nutritious food, that there is no waste or fraud and that every single recipient is truly in need. Right.
Is that your new standard for whether a government program is important? Don't tell the Pentagon.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#59 Apr 8, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care a whole lot about that. The amount of fraud in the food stamp program is comparatively miniscule in relation to the value it produces. Look into it. Or don't.
woof
Suuurre it is, douche.
Why don't you look at the return to the economy that every dollar of spending on the space program has historically returned.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#60 Apr 8, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
5 billion of SNAP every year is spent on soda.

That's a lot of F-22s

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#61 Apr 8, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that your new standard for whether a government program is important? Don't tell the Pentagon.
Don't tell the DOJ, either. They seem to lose a lot of guns...

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#62 Apr 8, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
5 billion of SNAP every year is spent on soda.
That's a lot of F-22s
That's 25% of NASA's annual budget.
I thought Barry and Moochele wanted fit American children who excel in the sciences...looks like I've found part of the solution.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#63 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>Don't tell the DOJ, either. They seem to lose a lot of guns...
Another bad joke. See, Carrot Top, I'm catching on.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#64 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>That's 25% of NASA's annual budget.
I thought Barry and Moochele wanted fit American children who excel in the sciences...looks like I've found part of the solution.
Didn't a previous NASA head get ripped for AGW comments?

Would explain why they want to shrink it, not to mention that it's in red states.(Canaveral-FL, Houston-TX I refuse to call it by its actual name, Redstone-AL)

Only NASA facility I can think of in a blue state is Vandenburg and JPL in CA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump the Liar 23 min Seriouslady 898
Should the GOP cut its loses? 24 min Reality Speaks 829
Big Johnson 37 min 404 not found 9
I wish our cat would die. 1 hr They cannot kill ... 52
Trump's accusations are unfounded and reflects ... 1 hr Reality Speaks 33
News Hillary Clinton tops Donald Trump in battlegrou... 1 hr Reality Speaks 217
Does Wikipedia think I drink $3 coffees? 1 hr Reality Speaks 10

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance