US Army: Christianity & Islamophobia = Extremism

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of205
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

http://tinyurl.com/cnrnund

via Jihad Watch

U.S. Army lists Evangelical Christianity, Catholicism, and "Islamophobia" as forms of "Religious Extremism" with Al-Qaeda and Hamas

---

This is the politically manipulative and ridiculous nonsense that has replaced truthful information about Islam and jihad. And the implications of it are quite ominous. Evangelical Christianity, Catholicism and "Islamophobia" are forms of "Religion Extremism" on par with al-Qaeda and Hamas? Then how long will it be before the Obama Administration goes to war against them, as it has repeatedly declared that it is at war with al-Qaeda?

Note also: Obama has repeated many, many times that we are not at war with Islam, and the mainstream media line is that to suggest otherwise would be evidence of "hatred" and "bigotry." But apparently it is not "hatred" and "bigotry" for the U.S. to declare that Catholicism is the same sort of thing as al-Qaeda. Now, the list does include "Sunni Muslims," but specifies those in Iraq -- we already know that there is no possible way that the Obama Administrations means to classify all Sunni Muslims as "extremists." And the list also apparently specifies that only Catholicism in the U.S. is a form of "religious extremism." But that's bad enough: where are the Catholics flying planes into buildings, bombing Baptist churches, and threatening to conquer the nation and subjugate non-Catholics under the rule of church law?

This is not going to end well.

"US Army Labeled Evangelicals, Catholics as Examples of Religious Extremism," by Todd Starnes for Fox News, April 5 (thanks to Pamela Geller):

The U.S. Army listed Evangelical Christianity and Catholicism as examples of religious extremism along with Al Qaeda and Hamas during a briefing with an Army Reserve unit based in Pennsylvania, Fox News has learned.

“We find this offensive to have Evangelical Christians and the Catholic Church to be listed among known terrorist groups,” said Ron Crews, executive director of the Chaplain Alliance for Religious Liberty.“It is dishonorable for any U.S. military entity to allow this type of wrongheaded characterization.”

The incident occurred during an Army Reserve Equal Opportunity training brief on extremism. Topping the list is Evangelical Christianity. Other organizations listed included Catholicism, Al Qaeda, Hamas, the Ku Klux Klan, Sunni Muslims, and Nation of Islam.

The military also listed “Islamophobia” as a form of religious extremism.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

1

-tip- wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/cnrnund
via Jihad Watch
U.S. Army lists Evangelical Christianity, Catholicism, and "Islamophobia" as forms of "Religious Extremism" with Al-Qaeda and Hamas
---
This is the politically manipulative and ridiculous nonsense that has replaced truthful information about Islam and jihad. And the implications of it are quite ominous. Evangelical Christianity, Catholicism and "Islamophobia" are forms of "Religion Extremism" on par with al-Qaeda and Hamas? Then how long will it be before the Obama Administration goes to war against them, as it has repeatedly declared that it is at war with al-Qaeda?
Note also: Obama has repeated many, many times that we are not at war with Islam, and the mainstream media line is that to suggest otherwise would be evidence of "hatred" and "bigotry." But apparently it is not "hatred" and "bigotry" for the U.S. to declare that Catholicism is the same sort of thing as al-Qaeda. Now, the list does include "Sunni Muslims," but specifies those in Iraq -- we already know that there is no possible way that the Obama Administrations means to classify all Sunni Muslims as "extremists." And the list also apparently specifies that only Catholicism in the U.S. is a form of "religious extremism." But that's bad enough: where are the Catholics flying planes into buildings, bombing Baptist churches, and threatening to conquer the nation and subjugate non-Catholics under the rule of church law?
This is not going to end well.
"US Army Labeled Evangelicals, Catholics as Examples of Religious Extremism," by Todd Starnes for Fox News, April 5 (thanks to Pamela Geller):
The U.S. Army listed Evangelical Christianity and Catholicism as examples of religious extremism along with Al Qaeda and Hamas during a briefing with an Army Reserve unit based in Pennsylvania, Fox News has learned.
“We find this offensive to have Evangelical Christians and the Catholic Church to be listed among known terrorist groups,” said Ron Crews, executive director of the Chaplain Alliance for Religious Liberty.“It is dishonorable for any U.S. military entity to allow this type of wrongheaded characterization.”
The incident occurred during an Army Reserve Equal Opportunity training brief on extremism. Topping the list is Evangelical Christianity. Other organizations listed included Catholicism, Al Qaeda, Hamas, the Ku Klux Klan, Sunni Muslims, and Nation of Islam.
The military also listed “Islamophobia” as a form of religious extremism.
Got a single primary source there anywhere?

I mean, Pam Gellar, Jihad Watch and Fox News are not generally to be relied upon for unbiased interpretation of such things.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

As stated before, I don't identify as a Christian and even *I* can see there's a war on Christianity.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a single primary source there anywhere?
I mean, Pam Gellar, Jihad Watch and Fox News are not generally to be relied upon for unbiased interpretation of such things.
Stop letting your obsessions take over your head.

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20130405/NEW...
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 6, 2013
 
And please note that this was done at an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY BRIEFING!
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

5

2

2

If the rantings of a few specific posters on this site are any indication, I'd have to say that the Army is, as one of them is fond of saying, "spot on".

woof

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 6, 2013
 
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop letting your obsessions take over your head.
http://www.armytimes.com/article/20130405/NEW...
From your article (which is also not a primary source, but it would appear that there really IS no primary source available, as the Army did not issue any such statement):

An Army spokesman said the briefing was held a year ago.“After receiving a single complaint following the presentation, this person deleted the slide, and it was never again shown,” said Army spokesman George Wright, in an email response.“This person apologized for any offense it may have caused, and we consider the matter closed.”

The slideshow, titled “Extremism & Extremist Organizations,” includes a list of 17 religions or organizations, to include evangelical Christianity, that are “religious extremism.”

----------

As noted in the statement from the archdiocese, Wright said, it was an isolated incident not condoned by the Army.

“The slide was not produced by the Army, and certainly does not reflect our policy or doctrine. It was produced by an individual without anyone in the chain of command’s knowledge or permission.” Wright said the briefing material stated that the presenter was not a subject matter expert, and produced the material using Internet research.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Wait what wrote:
As stated before, I don't identify as a Christian and even *I* can see there's a war on Christianity.
And from some of your previous comments, one might surmise that you are a cheerleader in that war, eh?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Wait what wrote:
As stated before, I don't identify as a Christian and even *I* can see there's a war on Christianity.
There's no war on Christianity in this Nation. If anything, the reverse is true.

woof

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a single primary source there anywhere?
I mean, Pam Gellar, Jihad Watch and Fox News are not generally to be relied upon for unbiased interpretation of such things.
The source of this un-American nonsense appears to be your pet project, the SPLC. No surprise there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23047...
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
From your article (which is also not a primary source, but it would appear that there really IS no primary source available, as the Army did not issue any such statement):
An Army spokesman said the briefing was held a year ago.“After receiving a single complaint following the presentation, this person deleted the slide, and it was never again shown,” said Army spokesman George Wright, in an email response.“This person apologized for any offense it may have caused, and we consider the matter closed.”
The slideshow, titled “Extremism & Extremist Organizations,” includes a list of 17 religions or organizations, to include evangelical Christianity, that are “religious extremism.”
----------
As noted in the statement from the archdiocese, Wright said, it was an isolated incident not condoned by the Army.
“The slide was not produced by the Army, and certainly does not reflect our policy or doctrine. It was produced by an individual without anyone in the chain of command’s knowledge or permission.” Wright said the briefing material stated that the presenter was not a subject matter expert, and produced the material using Internet research.
The Army Times is a publication which is readily used by military families - kind of like a newspaper. That you blow that off speaks volumes. "Isolated incidents" increase in frequency, don't they? Isn't that part of the whole gun control debate?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no war on Christianity in this Nation. If anything, the reverse is true.
woof
Strongly disagree, and I certainly don't consider anything posted on Topix the basis for my opinion.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 6, 2013
 
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And from some of your previous comments, one might surmise that you are a cheerleader in that war, eh?
You are assuming, not surmising. Religious hypocrisy drives me crazy and yes, I do call people out on it. If there is a thread regarding specific Bible quotes taken literally or what the Bible means, I may jump in. Never once, however, have I gone after your church so what's your problem today, Reader? And as much as I hate the slinging of Bible passages if you'll recall I gave Tip a pass on that because his writings go hand-in-hand with what he posts. That I respect, even though I wouldn't be a convert.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Strongly disagree, and I certainly don't consider anything posted on Topix the basis for my opinion.
Well, let's hear it. Tell me of the battles.

woof
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And from some of your previous comments, one might surmise that you are a cheerleader in that war, eh?
Find a publication, a letter to the editor, ANYTHING like that with my name on it against Christianity. You can't. I will happily express my displeasure on those who try to ram their religion down my throat, or those who insist that their religion gets preferential treatment or think that they are the only ones who are entitled to a life beyond this one. But never once have I called a Christian a terrorist, nor even implied it. I take that kind of stuff pretty seriously, even on this venue.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The source of this un-American nonsense appears to be your pet project, the SPLC. No surprise there.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23047...
No, someone suggested that someone in the military was using the same definition for religious extremism as "some groups" (possibly SPLC) used for hate groups. The tie was never completed beyond was was termed in your article as a pot shot at SPLC.

And again--one presentation, not from anyone within the military chain of command, and once the military was made aware, it never appeared again.

So, why are you, Pam Gellar and Jihad Watch talking about it a year later? Hmmmmm?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
You are assuming, not surmising. Religious hypocrisy drives me crazy and yes, I do call people out on it. If there is a thread regarding specific Bible quotes taken literally or what the Bible means, I may jump in. Never once, however, have I gone after your church so what's your problem today, Reader? And as much as I hate the slinging of Bible passages if you'll recall I gave Tip a pass on that because his writings go hand-in-hand with what he posts. That I respect, even though I wouldn't be a convert.
I understand your position.

Because Reader professes to be a Christian, I routinely offer up to her Bible passages that relate to our discussions concerning a host of topics.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 6, 2013
 
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
The Army Times is a publication which is readily used by military families - kind of like a newspaper. That you blow that off speaks volumes. "Isolated incidents" increase in frequency, don't they? Isn't that part of the whole gun control debate?
I didn't blow it off. I trust the accuracy of their reporting.

However, I had asked for a primary source. That would be the document or policy in which the US Army made the statement that Catholicism was equivalent to Hamas, or whatever.

As I said--as reported in the Army Times--there is no primary source because that is not a policy or a categorization that comes from the US Army.

Now, if someone here wants to challenge me (and the Army Times) on that, I would renew my call for a primary source to support their view.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
You are assuming, not surmising. Religious hypocrisy drives me crazy and yes, I do call people out on it. If there is a thread regarding specific Bible quotes taken literally or what the Bible means, I may jump in. Never once, however, have I gone after your church so what's your problem today, Reader? And as much as I hate the slinging of Bible passages if you'll recall I gave Tip a pass on that because his writings go hand-in-hand with what he posts. That I respect, even though I wouldn't be a convert.
As a matter of fact, you have belittled my church--suggesting that nobody would want to go there because they would accept me as a member, or something to that effect.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
No, someone suggested that someone in the military was using the same definition for religious extremism as "some groups" (possibly SPLC) used for hate groups. The tie was never completed beyond was was termed in your article as a pot shot at SPLC.
And again--one presentation, not from anyone within the military chain of command, and once the military was made aware, it never appeared again.
So, why are you, Pam Gellar and Jihad Watch talking about it a year later? Hmmmmm?
You are a witch to put me in the same category as Pam Gellar and Jihad Watch, neither of whom I cite. Oh well, it just makes you look ridiculous.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of205
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Deported illegal immigrants return repeatedly |... (Dec '10) 26 min Amigo 49
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 42 min maybe 2,205
Is Barak Obama responsible for the current bord... 52 min d pantaloni 52
1 Dead, Probation Officer Injured In Shooting I... 1 hr They cannot kill a Spook 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Male 2,694
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Old Guy 28,435
Will Obama Resign From Office? 1 hr TonyD2 572
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••