First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#23 Oct 25, 2013
stormy seas wrote:
I have found most who are against Obamacare simply have not taken the time to educate themselves on the issue.
You couldn't be more wrong. Those who have taken the time to educate themselves, either by profession or interest, are exactly the ones who are against this government bailout for the insurance companies. And newsflash - it's not because they want struggling folks to not have health care.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#24 Oct 25, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
WW, everyone is affected now. It's Bush's fault because he had six years to keep this from happening! He allowed the status quo to continue which opened a door for this legislation. None of this would've happened if he had acted. Now, Teabaggers are being re- active, instead of proactive when it counted.
The door was open for this legislation. The point, which you are ignoring, is that the legislation stinks to high Heaven. And that you cannot blame on Bush.

Bush didn't do something, Obama & Co did and mucked it up like nobody's business, and it's Bush's fault? Give me a break!
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#25 Oct 25, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Rewind, Con. Bush had a majority control in BOTH houses until 2006. He got Medicare part D passed, but no health insurance reform of any significance. That is verifiable, Conservative.
He left it up to the freemarket (wealthy power elites) which caused millions to go uninsured and using E.R.'s for primary care, thus creating a vacuum of people who wanted coverage but couldn't afford the premiums.
Enters Barry O, to finish the work that Bill and Hillary couldn't accomplish. Now, we're all screwed with outrageous increases.
If you conservatives ever gain control again, you had better be more cognitive of our growing under- class, and the financial issues that plagues them.
GOVERN, GODDAMMIT, and stop being lap dogs to military industrialist and wealthy oil executives!
Ummm...about the ER's.

ER use is expected to go up in 2014. Why? Because doctors are now asking for the balance up front before they will see you. The "balance" meaning you pay 100% of the costs until your deductible is met. Once the deductible is met and you are on, say, a silver plan you must pay your co-pay ($25 for purposes of discussion) and your co-insurance ($40 @ 30% of a $120 general visit). So your doctor visit, with insurance, is $65 before prescriptions or testing. That's on top of your premium.

But that's really hard for people to come by, particularly if they have 2 or more in their family, so guess who will be treating them? The ER! It happened in Massachusetts, which caused insurance rates to go higher because of cost-shifting which caused more people to go to the ER which caused....
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#26 Oct 25, 2013
stormy seas wrote:
I have found most who are against Obamacare simply have not taken the time to educate themselves on the issue.
Indeed./s

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/201...

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#29 Oct 25, 2013
stormy seas wrote:
Obama lied. Over a million people have already been notified that they will be losing the coverage that they knew and loved (Remember when Obama said "If you like your insurance plan you will keep it. No one will be able to take that away from you. It hasn't happened yet. It won't happen in the future."?)

That's all the education reasonable people need.
Conservative

Springfield, OH

#30 Oct 25, 2013
obama had to know that including the new mandates in coverage would null and void existing policies. It's the law they have to be in there.

Voiding the policies would force people into the exchanges.

Now that's competition!!!!!
Conservative

Springfield, OH

#31 Oct 25, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't be more wrong. Those who have taken the time to educate themselves, either by profession or interest, are exactly the ones who are against this government bailout for the insurance companies. And newsflash - it's not because they want struggling folks to not have health care.
Bailout of insurance companies? How so?
d pantz

United States

#32 Oct 26, 2013
Don't read it, just vote yes and sign.
Its not a tax, unless we need to push it through a court, but shut up anyway.
Is for the people, who will not benefit as much as insurance/ pharmy corporations.
What a lie.
d pantz

United States

#33 Oct 26, 2013
Companies with less than 50 employees will pay up to 34 percent more for insurance. Way to take it to the corporations. Get rid of it.
d pantz

United States

#34 Oct 26, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't vote for Mary Jo, I voted for Kslick and sexy Mary T.!
I voted for Barry O twice and have buyer's remorse because he's not engaged, and his underlings are cutting him off at the knees. I doubt if Katheline Rebellious, told him the truth about the un-readiness of the program.
that's the least of the problems with it, the fact the website is garbage might actually be a good thing. Glad to see you're coming around.
d pantz

United States

#35 Oct 26, 2013
Poor Obama, had to be president when the democrats (who have been trying for years to get federalized healthcare) decided to just shove it down our throats. They're trying to get us to blame him because they're racist...

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

#38 Oct 26, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama lied. Over a million people have already been notified that they will be losing the coverage that they knew and loved (Remember when Obama said "If you like your insurance plan you will keep it. No one will be able to take that away from you. It hasn't happened yet. It won't happen in the future."?)
That's all the education reasonable people need.
Yes, he said that and it was a lie. How could he or anyone tell people what cost would go up, down, or stay the same. He knew better yet he made the promise to gain votes. Politicians are natural liars! They'll promise everyone favors but only the wealthy who fund their campaigns receive a return on investment. Fire all of them!

Columbus, OH

#39 Oct 26, 2013
Single Payer health administration is the ultimate goal. Insurance will be so expensive, that people will refuse to buy it, and many more companies will just drop their policies. Only the poorest and sickest will flock to Obamacare, but it will collapse on its own weight.
Barry O, has underestimated the power and spirit of a society based on freemarket capitalism. He either didn't understand or care how companies pass higher cost to the consumer making things more, not less, expensive. The middle class is being pounded while he rages economic war on wealthy people who're not going down without a fight.

Blacks are starting to question whether his election was the right choice. He talks a good game and people wanted him to be a successful first African American president, but this Health. Gov fiasco has opened him up for the shuck n jive bullshitter, that he's turned out to be.
But, the fact still remains if not for the shortsighted Republican party, we wouldn't have this healthcare debacle to deal with.

Columbus, OH

#40 Oct 26, 2013
Conservative wrote:
obama had to know that including the new mandates in coverage would null and void existing policies. It's the law they have to be in there.
Voiding the policies would force people into the exchanges.
Now that's competition!!!!!
I agree! He had to know that! Slimy little @#%\)(„$&żĄ
Conservative

Springfield, OH

#41 Oct 26, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
Single Payer health administration is the ultimate goal. Insurance will be so expensive, that people will refuse to buy it, and many more companies will just drop their policies. Only the poorest and sickest will flock to Obamacare, but it will collapse on its own weight.
Barry O, has underestimated the power and spirit of a society based on freemarket capitalism. He either didn't understand or care how companies pass higher cost to the consumer making things more, not less, expensive. The middle class is being pounded while he rages economic war on wealthy people who're not going down without a fight.
Blacks are starting to question whether his election was the right choice. He talks a good game and people wanted him to be a successful first African American president, but this Health. Gov fiasco has opened him up for the shuck n jive bullshitter, that he's turned out to be.
But, the fact still remains if not for the shortsighted Republican party, we wouldn't have this healthcare debacle to deal with.
I agree with everything you have said except the last sentence. How could the Republicans have stopped it? A Congressional fight could have started under Bush but would have carried into obama and we would end in the same place we are now.
Passed in the middle of the night, no one read it, no one knew what was in it and passed without a single Republican vote.
The only difference would be that the Dems could have said that the Repubs wanted to change Healthcare Insurance too.
We can't lose site that Healthcare Ins. does not do anything to Healthcare. It doesn't create new medicine, procedures, care or anything else, it just pays bills. For some saying this is still going to work have not shown me how having Health Ins. is going to make Healthcare better.
In the exchanges your closest hospital may not accept the obamacare plan you have chosen, it's not in the network. You may end up going further and further or buying a more expensive plan to have a hospital near you. Better start checking with your doctor as to whether or not he/she will be accepting obamacare plans.
Conservative

Springfield, OH

#42 Oct 26, 2013
I would like to thank obamacare for mandating that I have maternity coverage in my policy. My wife and I at 64 have come to realize they are right.

Our youngest is 40 years of age.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#43 Oct 26, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
Considering that Baucus (the architect of the bill) had single-payer advocates arrested, it doesn't say much that the Democrats would go through this very expensive process which will, in the long run, hurt the country to their point across. That's some bizarre logic you've got there.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#45 Oct 26, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, he said that and it was a lie. How could he or anyone tell people what cost would go up, down, or stay the same.
I didn't mention the price (which is bad enough for most people who already had insurance). I only mentioned the keep your policy lie. Another bad thing is the number of people who've had their hours cut to under the full time threshold to shift the burden of paying for insurance to the employee.

Not that I'm in favor of it, but it would have been cheaper and simpler to put people who didn't have insurance on medicaid and charge them a % of their income to be on it, and leave everybody else's insurance alone. But no, they didn't really do this to insure everyone, they did it to be in more CONTROL of everyone!
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#46 Oct 26, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
but this Health. Gov fiasco has opened him up for the shuck n jive bullshitter, that he's turned out to be.
Turned out to be? You just opened the door for prejudiced comments and lack of intelligence. Thanks for that (not).
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#47 Oct 26, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't mention the price (which is bad enough for most people who already had insurance). I only mentioned the keep your policy lie. Another bad thing is the number of people who've had their hours cut to under the full time threshold to shift the burden of paying for insurance to the employee.
Not that I'm in favor of it, but it would have been cheaper and simpler to put people who didn't have insurance on medicaid and charge them a % of their income to be on it, and leave everybody else's insurance alone. But no, they didn't really do this to insure everyone, they did it to be in more CONTROL of everyone!
That's exactly right. They could have adjusted the parameters of Medicaid to accommodate those who had lost their jobs, as one example, and changed the law to provide free mammograms, as another example (which Ohio already had in place).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America needs Jesus Christ and the Word of God 6 min They cannot kill ... 88
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 36 min Kamikaze Kommie 5,801
NAACP furious over special School for Hispanics 37 min Brice N Livingston 2
Rev Cafe seedy hangout 1 hr Catman Dave 6
What ails the black family? Hard realities! 1 hr d pantz 247
Bibibop 1 hr Go Feed Yourself 9
"Fronts" for Reynoldsburg "Businesses" 1 hr Brice N Livingston 5
Bibi 1 hr d pantz 41
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance