Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#149 Jun 25, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Ole Don Imus thought the same thing, as did Jimmy 'the Greek'.
Neither one of them ever used that word. Jimmy the Greek was the first casualty in the leftist PC assault. And he was truly a product of his times and environment...born in 1918 and raised in Steubenville, for crying out loud. Irv Cross said he never heard a disparaging word out of him all the years they worked together.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#150 Jun 25, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
Sheldon J. Ervin, who claims to have worked at Bubba’s Oyster House as a oyster cook from 2008 to 2010 told RadarOnline that Deen required her restaurant employees to regularly serve at catering events at her own Savannah mansion, and would compensate them in beer and liquor.
“I used to work for her parties and I spent so much time there I could go there today and punch in the code to her gate,” Ervin told the gossip site. He added that he filed an Equal Employment Opportunity & Diversity complaint against Deen.
Erwin, a newlywed with a baby on the way at the time, claimed he was never compensated for a graduation party that he and three-to-five other men helped set up.
“I didn’t want to, but they threatened our jobs and put it on the line,” he said.
Deen, 66, said in a her now controversial recorded deposition that she dreamed of having a Southern plantation-style wedding where black waiters would dress in a “black tie and white jacket” and serve guests.
He similarly claimed that she would allegedly have her employees dress in that same fashion for her own parties.
“They told us we all had to wear black slacks, black shoes and a white chef jacket with a hat,” he said.“If we didn’t have the money to buy it, they said they would give us the money to go buy it. I didn’t want to wear it because it was burning hot outside, but Miss Paula insisted.”
“Paula had us all stationed at a few shady spots in the yard,” he continued.“She wanted us all to stay in one spot. We weren’t allowed to move. They didn’t want us to interact or anything. They just wanted us to sit there and serve everyone and not say anything.”
Erwin said that being compensated with alcohol was “insulting an unfair.”
“I don’t even drink,” Erwin stated.“It was insulting and unfair. I was like,‘Pay me!’”
Deen’s Food Network show has been canceled amid allegations of racism and sexism stemming from a $1.2 million lawsuit filed by a former employee. She has since released two YouTube videos where she apologized for using "inappropriate, hurtful language."
Erwin said that he’s pleased with the celebrity’s chef’s downfall.
“I’m so happy that this has finally come,” he said.“I’ve been waiting for this day for a long time.”
She's a racist as racist can be.
Since when do caterers/servers interact with guests at private parties?

They are paid to perform a service; if the terms of the contract [i.e., payment, expectations] are unacceptable to them, they can refuse the work.

Jackson's monochrome Rainbow/PUSH coalition is gearing up for extortion.
Claims made by any individual seeking aid from Jackson's PBGI group are dubious, at best.

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

#151 Jun 25, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Jackson hates Jews.
Sharpton hates f#gg0ts...a class of citizens which routinely compares itself to blacks in its quest for "equality."
They are in great error in comparing themselves with racism. Been to German Village at all in Columbus? Been downtown on High st. north of the convention center? Gays run this city! They help elect mayor Coleman every time. Coleman is kicking ass in trying to clean up and hold folks responsible for their property and neighborhoods. He's on board with highway construction, pot hole filling, trash pick up, street cleaning...

The Republicans don't do squat for the city, they're only concerned about the suburbs where they live. Kasich is doing his best for the state. A Republican mayor would starve the city to death!

Columbus, OH

#152 Jun 25, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
There's your problem.
Like Jackson and Sharpton, you believe that only whites can be prejudiced.
How utterly ironic.
I used the word RACIST.

Columbus, OH

#153 Jun 25, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Neither one of them ever used that word. Jimmy the Greek was the first casualty in the leftist PC assault. And he was truly a product of his times and environment...born in 1918 and raised in Steubenville, for crying out loud. Irv Cross said he never heard a disparaging word out of him all the years they worked together.
Those big thighs were bred to run. Go on boy, run! Is what the southern sheriffs tells a young black before a bullet hits his back.

Location hidden

#154 Jun 25, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> I used the word RACIST.
In other words, you find no fault in the actions of Jackson and Sharpton.

Columbus, OH

#155 Jun 25, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when do caterers/servers interact with guests at private parties?
They are paid to perform a service; if the terms of the contract [i.e., payment, expectations] are unacceptable to them, they can refuse the work.
Jackson's monochrome Rainbow/PUSH coalition is gearing up for extortion.
Claims made by any individual seeking aid from Jackson's PBGI group are dubious, at best.
Did you read it? The man's wife just had a baby, and his job was threatened. You really think it's so easy for blacks to hop from job to job? An interviewer could take that the wrong way.

Location hidden

#156 Jun 25, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> They are in great error in comparing themselves with racism...
I happen to agree; however, Sharpton has committed a leftist hate crime by employing a gay slur. Fortunately, his blackness protects him from all-out assault by gay activists.

And you seem to have no problem with it?

Now, imagine if Paula Deen had employed the term "f#gg0t."

Location hidden

#157 Jun 25, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Did you read it? The man's wife just had a baby, and his job was threatened. You really think it's so easy for blacks to hop from job to job? An interviewer could take that the wrong way.
Interesting that you take this man's claims at face value, even adding sympathetic emphasis.

George Zimmerman claimed his very life was threatened.
And you've tried, convicted and executed him.

Transparency, thy name is WiseAmerican.

Hilliard, OH

#158 Jun 25, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> They are in great error in comparing themselves with racism. Been to German Village at all in Columbus? Been downtown on High st. north of the convention center? Gays run this city! They help elect mayor Coleman every time. Coleman is kicking ass in trying to clean up and hold folks responsible for their property and neighborhoods. He's on board with highway construction, pot hole filling, trash pick up, street cleaning...
The Republicans don't do squat for the city, they're only concerned about the suburbs where they live. Kasich is doing his best for the state. A Republican mayor would starve the city to death!
As white folks in win-win areas of the city what Coleman has done for them besides ignore them while raising their taxes.
And Greg Lashutka did more for this city in eight years than Coleman has done in 13...by far.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#159 Jun 25, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony Bourdain might have something to say about that.
True that Anthony has no respect for Paula, but I don't see him opening a restaurant anytime soon. I wasn't defending her lapses of political correctness.

Columbus, OH

#160 Jun 25, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I happen to agree; however, Sharpton has committed a leftist hate crime by employing a gay slur. Fortunately, his blackness protects him from all-out assault by gay activists.
And you seem to have no problem with it?
Now, imagine if Paula Deen had employed the term "f#gg0t."
She's lucky to still have shoes on her bunion feet!

Location hidden

#161 Jun 25, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> She's lucky to still have shoes on her bunion feet!
Anti-white racist.
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#162 Jun 25, 2013
All this talk about Paula makes me want some pork tenderloin fried in a cast iron skillet with real butter and corn bread.
Mmmmm

Location hidden

#164 Jun 25, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
All this talk about Paula makes me want some pork tenderloin fried in a cast iron skillet with real butter and corn bread.
Mmmmm
No kidding, Spook. If you're gonna cook food, do it right.

I've been to her restaurant, The Lady & Sons, and found the food to be very good, particularly the Southern Fried Chicken and the pecan pie [the best I've ever tasted]. Her Shrimp 'n' Grits, however, was not nearly as delicious as my own.

Columbus, OH

#165 Jun 25, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you take this man's claims at face value, even adding sympathetic emphasis.
George Zimmerman claimed his very life was threatened.
And you've tried, convicted and executed him.
Transparency, thy name is WiseAmerican.
Zimmerman put his own ass in jeopardy when he left his vehicle. The man, Sheldon Ervin, can get witnesses to back his claim, Zimmerman cannot.
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#166 Jun 25, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding, Spook. If you're gonna cook food, do it right.
I've been to her restaurant, The Lady & Sons, and found the food to be very good, particularly the Southern Fried Chicken and the pecan pie [the best I've ever tasted]. Her Shrimp 'n' Grits, however, was not nearly as delicious as my own.
Don't care for grits or oatmeal. Grits and shrimp is just the ruination of good shrimp.

Columbus, OH

#168 Jun 25, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>As white folks in win-win areas of the city what Coleman has done for them besides ignore them while raising their taxes.
And Greg Lashutka did more for this city in eight years than Coleman has done in 13...by far.
Leshutka! Ha! What's his claim to fame besides playing for OSU and being benched by the Bills.

Hilliard, OH

#170 Jun 25, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Leshutka! Ha! What's his claim to fame besides playing for OSU and being benched by the Bills.
Without Lashutka, we wouldn't have the Arena District, the arena, the ballpark, and the Jackets. That changed the city forever and for the better. What has your boy achieved? An old theater in the hood that dreams of being the Apollo and acting as Obama's local ass-kissing stooge.

Location hidden

#171 Jun 25, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't care for grits or oatmeal. Grits and shrimp is just the ruination of good shrimp.
Each to his own, but some folks don't know what they're missing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
another 'occupy' rape this time a teen girl (Oct '11) 1 hr Don McAdams 26
Accused's alibi on first hour of tape: Drinking... (Mar '07) 6 hr half brostill his... 26
Gahanna home to double as laboratory (Sep '09) 6 hr Rosemarie 36
Fall SPOOKTACULAR 7 hr Seriouslady 12
President Ebola 8 hr Sam Toliver 749
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 10 hr Go Blue Forever 4,062
Teen charged in fatal South Side shooting (Nov '12) 12 hr curiosity 22
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) Thu Id rather not 2,483

Freeze Warning for Franklin County was issued at November 01 at 4:09AM EDT

Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]