“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#466 Jul 2, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text>You're in denial and have blinders on.
Over the last three years Republicans throughout the country have launched aggressive attacks on voting rights and access to the ballot, often under the guise of voter integrity (despite the nonthreat of voter fraud). In North Carolina, Republicans have proposed bills that would cut early voting, require a narrow range of identification cards to vote (excluding student IDs, for instance), and impose lifetime disenfranchisement for felons. Likewise, in Virginia, Republican legislators have proposed a strict new voter-ID law that could disenfranchise the nearly 900,000 residents who lack the required identification. The same goes for a Mississippi bill that could keep up to 40,000 people from the polls.
Prior to this ruling, these laws would have had to pass federal preclearance under Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act. Thatís no longer the case. The path is now clear to pass laws that would keep hundreds of thousands of people from voting, of whom a disproportionate number are African-American.
Ugh...don't even bother with this one. She's the very definition of troll. Never has anything interesting or intellectual to say and struggles to utter anything polysyllabic.

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#467 Jul 2, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the wizard not give you that brain he promised?
Get lost, junior.
You are a bezoar!

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#468 Jul 2, 2013
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you want, an award?
I normally ignore your vapid posts, but I can't ignore this one. There is no need for a comma there. Why would you put it there? For being someone who claims she is so much better than everyone else, you seem to have been denied an education. Go ahead and retort with your familiar baseless, inane ramblings about how I'm a liberal and whatever else it is you blather on about. I won't read it. Just needed you to be aware that you need some help with your grammar. Consider it a PSA.

“Zuzu's Petals”

Bedford Falls

#469 Jul 2, 2013
You know what they say, the most dangerous place for an unborn child is a mother's womb, in the United States!

So sad when women feel that it is okay to murder their unborn children, would hate to have to live with that for the rest of my life.

Can you imagine what the psych wards and nursing homes will be like in 20 years with all of these women and their guilt? And also, a president and political party who promotes it, really bizarre. GENOCIDE!

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#470 Jul 2, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
I normally ignore your vapid posts, but I can't ignore this one. There is no need for a comma there. Why would you put it there? For being someone who claims she is so much better than everyone else, you seem to have been denied an education. Go ahead and retort with your familiar baseless, inane ramblings about how I'm a liberal and whatever else it is you blather on about. I won't read it. Just needed you to be aware that you need some help with your grammar. Consider it a PSA.
The comma can indeed be placed there. It could also be read as "What, do you want an award?".

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#471 Jul 2, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and the GOP also freed the slaves.
Martin Luther King was a Republican.
Look how well crossing the isle worked out for the GOP.
Now you understand why the current congress is dug in standing their ground.
Posts like this one show your absolute ignorance on subjects you claim to know so much about. MLK Jr. never expressed any affiliation with being a republican and never openly endorsed either party. Since you are such a MLK expert, you probably know that he voted democratic, believed in reparations and was suspected of being a Communist supporter.

You must also know that southern democrats are largely comparable to the right-wing uber conservative republicans of today. The dixiecrats of yore would hardly be considered leftists. In fact, you probably would have been a democrat back then.

Rural "democrats" back then were against segregation and also discriminated against poor whites. Of the Lincoln era, southern democrats were secessionists, comparable to the tea party douche bags of today.

But you keep calling MLK Jr. a republican if it makes you feel better. In your case, ignorance truly is bliss.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#472 Jul 2, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
Then her publisher drops her with pre-sales through the roof? Corporate America is silly stupid.
She has enough money to publish it herself. Run to the bank Paula, run to the bank.
I don't think she will be ruined by this. Personally, I don't like her. But I don't think she deserved to be crucified for a word or a mentality she had decades ago. She has proven herself not to be racist, and by all accounts is not someone who discriminates openly. All these endorsement deals falling through is overkill. However, this is America and Americans love a comeback story. Look at Michael Vick. He actually did something (or at least facilitated) I consider especially egregious and he's raking in the millions, as if a dog never died or suffered.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#473 Jul 2, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Not gonna happen.
Even Corporate America has more decency than you do, George. You are morally bankrupt.
Probably one of the few times I'll disagree with you.

Corporate America is a whore. Everything that has happened to Paula Deen is nothing short of corporate bandwaggoning. If one company had stood with her, more than likely the majority of the others would have as well. Very seldom does Corporate America take a real stand if it thinks it will affect sales and profit.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#474 Jul 2, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
The comma can indeed be placed there. It could also be read as "What, do you want an award?".
I suppose anyone can do anything they like. That doesn't necessarily make it correct.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#475 Jul 2, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Posts like this one show your absolute ignorance on subjects you claim to know so much about. MLK Jr. never expressed any affiliation with being a republican and never openly endorsed either party. Since you are such a MLK expert, you probably know that he voted democratic, believed in reparations and was suspected of being a Communist supporter.
You must also know that southern democrats are largely comparable to the right-wing uber conservative republicans of today. The dixiecrats of yore would hardly be considered leftists. In fact, you probably would have been a democrat back then.
Rural "democrats" back then were against segregation and also discriminated against poor whites. Of the Lincoln era, southern democrats were secessionists, comparable to the tea party douche bags of today.
But you keep calling MLK Jr. a republican if it makes you feel better. In your case, ignorance truly is bliss.
You left out MLK's plagiarism...no wonder Joe Biden's is ignored as well.

Boston U. Panel Finds Plagiarism by Dr. King
Published: October 11, 1991

A committee of scholars appointed by Boston University concluded today that the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. plagiarized passages in his dissertation for a doctoral degree at the university 36 years ago.

"There is no question," the committee said in a report to the university's provost, "but that Dr. King plagiarized in the dissertation by appropriating material from sources not explicitly credited in notes, or mistakenly credited, or credited generally and at some distance in the text from a close paraphrase or verbatim quotation."

Despite its finding, the committee said that "no thought should be given to the revocation of Dr. King's doctoral degree," an action that the panel said would serve no purpose.

But the committee did recommend that a letter stating its finding be placed with the official copy of Dr. King's dissertation in the university's library.
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/10/11/us/boston-u...

“Zuzu's Petals”

Bedford Falls

#477 Jul 2, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you want, an award?

“Zuzu's Petals”

Bedford Falls

#478 Jul 2, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose anyone can do anything they like. That doesn't necessarily make it correct.
Like Obama?

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#479 Jul 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out MLK's plagiarism...no wonder Joe Biden's is ignored as well.
Boston U. Panel Finds Plagiarism by Dr. King
Published: October 11, 1991
A committee of scholars appointed by Boston University concluded today that the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. plagiarized passages in his dissertation for a doctoral degree at the university 36 years ago.
"There is no question," the committee said in a report to the university's provost, "but that Dr. King plagiarized in the dissertation by appropriating material from sources not explicitly credited in notes, or mistakenly credited, or credited generally and at some distance in the text from a close paraphrase or verbatim quotation."
Despite its finding, the committee said that "no thought should be given to the revocation of Dr. King's doctoral degree," an action that the panel said would serve no purpose.
But the committee did recommend that a letter stating its finding be placed with the official copy of Dr. King's dissertation in the university's library.
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/10/11/us/boston-u...
I didn't leave it out. It was never brought up. What does being a plagiarist have to do with his political affiliation? You need to stay on topic.

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#482 Jul 2, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Corporate America is a whore. Everything that has happened to Paula Deen is nothing short of corporate bandwaggoning. If one company had stood with her, more than likely the majority of the others would have as well. Very seldom does Corporate America take a real stand if it thinks it will affect sales and profit.
But this is George we're talking about. George!

“Zuzu's Petals”

Bedford Falls

#483 Jul 2, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure about corporate America but I am sure your description of it, applies to you!

Now, do you want a medal?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#484 Jul 3, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't leave it out. It was never brought up. What does being a plagiarist have to do with his political affiliation? You need to stay on topic.
The topic was Paula Dean.

why are you discussing the dead Mr. King?

you are off topic, and that makes your post even funnier, because you think you determine topic.

How about a new topic discussing why Liberalism has destroyed American greatness.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#489 Jul 3, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Psssst. Walter. It was you who brought up MLK. I won't tell anyone else. You're welcome.
azzwipe..........prove it.

make sure to hold on to the fireworks so the fuse does not go out.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#490 Jul 3, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
But this is George we're talking about. George!
I know, I know. But I gotta stick to my opinion even if it sides with the enemy...lol.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#491 Jul 3, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
The topic was Paula Dean.
why are you discussing the dead Mr. King?
you are off topic, and that makes your post even funnier, because you think you determine topic.
How about a new topic discussing why Liberalism has destroyed American greatness.
Reality Speaks
Monday

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
But Georgie said the GOP was responsible for the voting rights act and you said the voting rights act ruined the country. So that means the GOP ruined the country. You guys said it, not me.

and the GOP also freed the slaves.

Martin Luther King was a Republican.

Look how well crossing the isle worked out for the GOP.

Now you understand why the current congress is dug in standing their ground.

You've really outdone yourself in stupidity this time. YOU bring up the subject of MLK and I reply and then you totally forget that you even brought it up. You're a special kind of stupid today.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#492 Jul 3, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Psssst. Walter. It was you who brought up MLK. I won't tell anyone else. You're welcome.
Must be Alzheimer's or something...geez.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 4 min Duke_For_Mayor 310
Public Flogging 46 min Support 15
Afghanistan's dirty little secret 48 min mr tea bag 1
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 48 min Dusty Rhodes 261
Was the "War On Christmas" cancelled this year? 54 min mr tea bag 5
Should Suspected Pedophiles be Tortured? 56 min mr tea bag 5
Topix gets rid of Canton and Twinsburg posters!!! 1 hr stroke my fun bone 20
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web