|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Zoe Regen wrote:
Paula a racist? If she is a democrat, she is!
You're in denial and have blinders on.

Over the last three years Republicans throughout the country have launched aggressive attacks on voting rights and access to the ballot, often under the guise of voter integrity (despite the nonthreat of voter fraud). In North Carolina, Republicans have proposed bills that would cut early voting, require a narrow range of identification cards to vote (excluding student IDs, for instance), and impose lifetime disenfranchisement for felons. Likewise, in Virginia, Republican legislators have proposed a strict new voter-ID law that could disenfranchise the nearly 900,000 residents who lack the required identification. The same goes for a Mississippi bill that could keep up to 40,000 people from the polls.

Prior to this ruling, these laws would have had to pass federal preclearance under Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act. Thatís no longer the case. The path is now clear to pass laws that would keep hundreds of thousands of people from voting, of whom a disproportionate number are African-American.

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

LaurieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a slip of the tongue.. it didn't happen in America.. and I dont think standing up for it is trivializing it.. America stood by and didn't step in and help them until it was too late and thousands had already died. Our country is always so gung ho to help other countries after the fact.. while our own people suffer... if you are a lazy drug addict you can get any benefit you want from the government, but hardworking people who need the extra help can't get shit
Then work smarter-not harder. A two parent household with working parents minus the 500 dollar I phones and huge flat screen TV, eating out four nights a week, can go a long way. Healthcare is the most expensive thing they would be paying.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

LaurieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I never made a mistake when it comes to race.. I treat everyone like I would want to be treated... No, its not 1960, maybe you need to remember that.. I become a she-devil when I think someone is being unfair. I WILL not be blamed for the actions of people who committed crimes against other races before I was even born!! I have 2 half Hispanic grandchildren that I love more than life.. I have always been someone that doesnt care about race or gender when it comes to love and happiness and I REFUSE to be grouped into a class of people just because my skin happens to be white!!! that would be like me saying just because you're black, you must be a gangbanging worthless piece of shit!!
Stay around a while and you'll see a lot more white bigotry than just Artist on here.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

You would THINK, the supreme,court would rule in favor of justice for all for voting
rights.
Unfortunately,biased politics are weighing heavy in the decisions they dole out.
How they sleep at night , I will never know.
Anyone in their right mind,who is supposed to be fair to all,knows their voting decision is discriminatory. How can they get away with this?
Disgusting, arrogant puppets.
They are put in such high esteem that they think they do no wrong!
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text>You're in denial and have blinders on.
Over the last three years Republicans throughout the country have launched aggressive attacks on voting rights and access to the ballot, often under the guise of voter integrity (despite the nonthreat of voter fraud). In North Carolina, Republicans have proposed bills that would cut early voting, require a narrow range of identification cards to vote (excluding student IDs, for instance), and impose lifetime disenfranchisement for felons. Likewise, in Virginia, Republican legislators have proposed a strict new voter-ID law that could disenfranchise the nearly 900,000 residents who lack the required identification. The same goes for a Mississippi bill that could keep up to 40,000 people from the polls.
Prior to this ruling, these laws would have had to pass federal preclearance under Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act. Thatís no longer the case. The path is now clear to pass laws that would keep hundreds of thousands of people from voting, of whom a disproportionate number are African-American.
the non threat like the black poll worker who voted 6 times, or the counties with over 185% voter turn out near Cleveland.

only fools believe what you do.

if you are not a property owner, or pay income tax, you should not possess the right o vote tax issues.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
But I'm white. HEY! What's going on here?
color has nothing to do with it chump.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us more!
you can't tie your own shoes.

why would anyone waste time with you?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

BizzyBee wrote:
You would THINK, the supreme,court would rule in favor of justice for all for voting
rights.
Unfortunately,biased politics are weighing heavy in the decisions they dole out.
How they sleep at night , I will never know.
Anyone in their right mind,who is supposed to be fair to all,knows their voting decision is discriminatory. How can they get away with this?
Disgusting, arrogant puppets.
They are put in such high esteem that they think they do no wrong!
if I were black I could vote 6 times and not get in any trouble.

the only thing the supreme court did was lift federal oversight to state elections of a few states.

if you don't like it.....move.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
the non threat like the black poll worker who voted 6 times, or the counties with over 185% voter turn out near Cleveland.
only fools believe what you do.
if you are not a property owner, or pay income tax, you should not possess the right o vote tax issues.
That was the law at one time, you goon. 1965 voting rights act changed that.
LaurieJ

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
excuse me?
not everyone mis-treats possessions.
slavery no matter the color, has been around since time.
who built Rome? the chinese, the blacks, who?
and where are all the chinese slaves complaining about repression from building the railroad, and digging tunnels?
hmmmmmm
they moved on, and now are the most educated.
slavery, no matter the race, is wrong. It is the people who use it to make up for their shortcomings in life that piss me off.. if your great grandfather was a slave, it is he who deserved the justice and he who was mistreated, that doesn't give his descendants the right to act like idiots and blame it on history...

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
if I were black I could vote 6 times and not get in any trouble.
the only thing the supreme court did was lift federal oversight to state elections of a few states.
if you don't like it.....move.
You cannot post anywhere a black voted six times and it was counted as six votes. I don't even believe that ever took place, and if it did he/she should've been locked up. Besides, laws against bank robbery hasn't stop anyone from knocking one off.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

All part of a Republican plot to deny access to the polls, then they go around wondering "why are we losing contact with Afri-Americans and Hispanics. Oh, woe is us!"

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

On another point, Topix is taking intrusive, junk commercials, graphics and banners to a new high. They're going to kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

Any way to cut down on some of this crap?

I'd almost have a reasonably priced paid forum than being bombarded with all this junk when I sign on.

My local newspaper is the same. Lots of hard to load ads and crap jumping out at you and a paucity of real, text driven journalistic content. I'm about ready to cancel them because I pay for it.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> That was the law at one time, you goon. 1965 voting rights act changed that.
You can thank the GOP for that, Tyrone...94% of GOP senators and 82% of GOP representatives.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Biggie BC wrote:
All part of a Republican plot to deny access to the polls, then they go around wondering "why are we losing contact with Afri-Americans and Hispanics. Oh, woe is us!"
The lies of disenfranchisement have been proven. There was higher black turnout than ever before last November in several states with photo ID requirements.
LaurieJ

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Then work smarter-not harder. A two parent household with working parents minus the 500 dollar I phones and huge flat screen TV, eating out four nights a week, can go a long way. Healthcare is the most expensive thing they would be paying.
Not everyone in the world has a two parent household. Where have you been? and those of us who work our asses off to take care of our responsibilites but could use a little help from the taxes we pay every week for the lazy people to collect, can't get it.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Biggie BC wrote:
On another point, Topix is taking intrusive, junk commercials, graphics and banners to a new high. They're going to kill the goose that laid the golden egg.
Any way to cut down on some of this crap?
I'd almost have a reasonably priced paid forum than being bombarded with all this junk when I sign on.
My local newspaper is the same. Lots of hard to load ads and crap jumping out at you and a paucity of real, text driven journalistic content. I'm about ready to cancel them because I pay for it.
I don't get any commercials, graphics, banners or ads and I'm not a techie. I know just enough.

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be fooled by the common use of the n word. White pound cake eating dimwits can't use it like they want.
I don't use it, and I'm black.
Smarten up.
What do you want, an award?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> That was the law at one time, you goon. 1965 voting rights act changed that.
and since 1965 we accumulated 17 trillion dollars of debt.

bringing back 1964 saves the country.

not doing so is the end of America.

you have no right to vote for any tax issue, if you are not paying those taxes.

just as in business, employees do not get to choose managements salaries.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then. Add your post to (Un)Reality Speaks post and you get the inevitable conclusion that the GOP ruined this country. And you want us to thank them.
and a commie like yourself is to be taken serious?

your illusions of reality make normal people puke.

bile is what you create.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 381 - 400 of482
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
www . scammerslist . moreforum . com nigerian ... 4 min John Kenney 3
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 7 min Canton 28,522
When will Obama be Arrested???? 13 min Buckeye at birth 37
Lowering My Car Help/Advice? (Oct '13) 1 hr sidekick 12
Twilight Ride 1 hr Big Johnson 1
Should Obama be impeached due to Benghazi, IRS ... (May '13) 1 hr Anonymous of Indy 455
Do we need to impeach Obama to save America? 4 hr Pam 31
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE