Paula Deen racist?

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

#281 Jun 28, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
And a white person excels at it and turned her skills into a multimillion-dollar enterprise.
Think on that.
Further, would it make sense for me to claim that basketball is a white man's game, and blacks shouldn't profit from it?
Paula is just the "face" that the channel wanted to portray. Happens all the time in a bigoted society. The story of the 1950's singing group The 5 Heartbeats, where on the album cover the execs wanted to put 5 white guys wearing pompadours, instead of the 5 black guys who were the group!

The group searches for a record company they can trust, but the only ones that will sign them are Caucasian operated and insist that their songs be covered by a white group named The Five Horsemen, giving the Heartbeats only minor song writing credit, thus forcing them to sign with Big Red.

Pathetic!

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#282 Jun 28, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>13% of the population is ridiculously overrepresented in the entertainment industry and you still cry...
Mugabe still claims his opponents are the tools of the white imperialists

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#283 Jun 28, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic!
Yes, you are.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/down-home-with-the...

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#284 Jun 28, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Paula is just the "face" that the channel wanted to portray. Happens all the time in a bigoted society. The story of the 1950's singing group The 5 Heartbeats, where on the album cover the execs wanted to put 5 white guys wearing pompadours, instead of the 5 black guys who were the group!
The group searches for a record company they can trust, but the only ones that will sign them are Caucasian operated and insist that their songs be covered by a white group named The Five Horsemen, giving the Heartbeats only minor song writing credit, thus forcing them to sign with Big Red.
Pathetic!
Your pants are in a twist over a 1950s music group?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/patrick-and-gina-n...

Columbus, OH

#285 Jun 28, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the portrait of ignorance.
http://madamenoire.com/62078/whats-cooking-to...
You're ignorant! Why is a white woman the "face" of southern "black" cooking, Tip? Answer that! Its not like Paula is a talented actor. She acts very hickish and trailer park-ish to me.

Columbus, OH

#286 Jun 28, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why don't you go to
-Nigeria
-South Africa
-Haiti
And enjoy the black man's system!
Because I'm WISE AMERICAN", you dummy.

-Clayton Bigsby

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#287 Jun 28, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pants are in a twist over a 1950s music group?
http://www.foodnetwork.com/patrick-and-gina-n...
He no doubt thinks Milli Vanilli were shafted by white racists...

Columbus, OH

#288 Jun 28, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>13% of the population is ridiculously overrepresented in the entertainment industry and you still cry...
77%+ of the population is ridiculously overrepresented in the corporate setting and you bigots still cry...

Columbus, OH

#289 Jun 28, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Mugabe still claims his opponents are the tools of the white imperialists
How do you know his claims are false? Racist have a tendency to leave their racist ideology planted in the minds of people's they've colonized, generations after they leave!

Location hidden

#290 Jun 28, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> You're ignorant! Why is a white woman the "face" of southern "black" cooking, Tip? Answer that! Its not like Paula is a talented actor. She acts very hickish and trailer park-ish to me.
As has been demonstrated to you, Ms. Deen is not "the face" of southern cooking.
She is one of many of its faces, several of whom are black.

Or are they not black enough for you?

Columbus, OH

#291 Jun 28, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>He no doubt thinks Milli Vanilli were shafted by white racists...
No, Bunker-their "management were white men who set out to deceive the fans by fronting and perpetrating a fraud. They were white execs!

Location hidden

#292 Jun 28, 2013
Careful WA...you're almost as entertaining as DeeDee.
Almost.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#295 Jun 28, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> How do you know his claims are false? Racist have a tendency to leave their racist ideology planted in the minds of people's they've colonized, generations after they leave!
Good job, WA...you've just had your genuine reverse-Klan moment.

Columbus, OH

#297 Jun 28, 2013
-tip- wrote:
Careful WA...you're almost as entertaining as DeeDee.
Almost.
Rachel doesn't fully understand the complexity of how our judicial system works, not many average Americans do. She's testifying what SHE heard on the cell that night-nothing more or less. Because she doesn't speak in a clear suburban English dialect doesn't negate what she heard going on that night in question. If they need a black person who's familiar with this generations urban dialect, I'm sure there are many who could translate for that white Sanford audience.

Location hidden

#298 Jun 28, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Rachel doesn't fully understand the complexity of how our judicial system works, not many average Americans do. She's testifying what SHE heard on the cell that night-nothing more or less. Because she doesn't speak in a clear suburban English dialect doesn't negate what she heard going on that night in question. If they need a black person who's familiar with this generations urban dialect, I'm sure there are many who could translate for that white Sanford audience.
Who cares about any of that fluff?
DeeDee lied.

The End.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#299 Jun 28, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Rachel doesn't fully understand the complexity of how our judicial system works, not many average Americans do. She's testifying what SHE heard on the cell that night-nothing more or less. Because she doesn't speak in a clear suburban English dialect doesn't negate what she heard going on that night in question. If they need a black person who's familiar with this generations urban dialect, I'm sure there are many who could translate for that white Sanford audience.
She's ignorant ghetto trash, WA. You should be the last one defending her. There's no excuse for any human being born in the year 1994 to be so woefully separated from the realities of life in America. Her world is one of phones, faux nails and food from the look of it. I'll bet she's never read a book in her life.
Massa

Lancaster, OH

#301 Jun 28, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> How did fat white Paula get a deal cooking "black food" or food that is desirable to black people's palate? What makes her country ass so special? Blacks are still not treated as equal when it comes to contracts and TV show deals. Face it, it's a white man's system and whites overwhelmingly enjoy the fruits thereof!
You're free to audition for your own cooking show. You can share your expertise on how to make blackened chicken, blackened fish, and blackened steak followed up with a big ol' juicy slice of watermelon.

“Hillary 4 prison 2016”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#302 Jun 28, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
Oh god, how has nobody posted this yet?
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/23/us/in-the-s...
I'll be the bigger man and not expound on any commentary. After all, all of her biggest fans have made a huge effort to come out and support her. The size of their affection is enough to fill out her future career plans. After all, with fans coming to plump out her reservations like this, how could her future be anything but amply padded with success.
hmmmm

Having seen the "penguin" video of you and "hubby" I have to comment.

Why the Foxtrot is a person with an obvious weight problem such as yourself and your "hubby" insulting folks that appear similar?

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#303 Jun 28, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. You must be the bone-thin-and-leather-skinned- because-I-smoke-too-much-and-d o-meth variety of redneck.
She does come from the same town John Holmes came from...not exactly a stellar representation of the town folk.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#304 Jun 28, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> 77%+ of the population is ridiculously overrepresented in the corporate setting and you bigots still cry...
If they were allowed to hire according to corporate skill, the percentage would be much higher.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This Forum Does No Such Thing! 3 min Mimzy 10
Trump spent campaign monies on own book 11 min Linda 5
No Life, But Topix. 16 min Linda 25
33% women would swap IQ for larger breasts (Mar '12) 23 min Linda 30
Topix Closes Human Sexuality Forums 38 min BizzyBee 37
Is Drumpf Campaign Chief A Voter Fraud Felon? 41 min Big Johnson 5
Trump the Liar 41 min BizzyBee 930
Should the GOP cut its loses? 7 hr Male 902

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web