Delaware woman charged with fraud | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

A Delaware businesswoman was accused yesterday of running a racketeering scheme that defrauded some of her investors and 15a Denise E. Dunlap, 43, owner of the Nova Restaurant and the now-closed 3rd Degree Tanning in Delaware, was arrested after a Delaware County grand jury handed down a 26-count indictment.

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 120 of139
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Local

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#130
Jul 29, 2010
 
So on saturday when Nova isn't closed would you like to eat your words and continue your useless support of Yost? Obviously you spend to much time on the bloggs and not enough time fact checking. So here let me educate you and your republican pea brain.

http://tinyurl.com/37j5mwq

Now lets recap, on top of costing the county $10,150,000 in bad prosecuting and contracts he has also increased spending while running a platform of controlling over spending the same over spending he himself is doing. Do you know what being a hypocrite means? I didn't think you would so I went ahead and got the definition for you: "a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he or she does not hold in order to conceal his or her real feelings or motives"

Those are the facts. Next time try to spend more time reading the articles and less time making your snide remarks.
come back to real world

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#131
Jul 29, 2010
 
Yost is ceasing the tanning business building and equipment, Yost is ceasing the restaurant and equipment, she is going to go to jail for a long time. What about these facts don't you get?
Local

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#132
Jul 29, 2010
 
By cease I am going to assume you mean seize?(points out a bit of your intelligence when you butcher the spelling of seize that bad) So here is a fact for you innocent until proven guilty, ever heard of it?. Probably not right now, however I bet the next time you get in a little bit of trouble you'll be screaming that line. As far as I know Yost still has to prove her guilt before he can "cease" her property, now considering the trial isn't set till september 14, I would say she has a while before Yost will get his hands on it. Now is that enough of the real world for you or would you prefer a little more television crime drama?
Dear Local

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#133
Jul 29, 2010
 
Atty Yost has already filed to seize Ms. Dunlap's property. She defaulted on a Delaware County Loan and he already has the right seize the Tanning building and tanning beds by virtue of the default. By the way 26 felonies is more than "a little bit of trouble".
Local

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#134
Jul 29, 2010
 
You are correct he has the right to seize the property for the amount of the original defaulted loan plus interest. Check the paper she had two loans she is current on one and owes $100,000 on another she defaulted on the tanning building is worth $148,000, 148000 > 100000. Therefor he cannot seize Nova the equipment, and the tanning building and beds. He cannot even seize the entire tanning building with the equipment as the value of them is greater than the defaulted loan.

http://www.delgazette.com/local.asp...
PolitiFact Ohio

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#135
Jul 29, 2010
 
Local wrote:
You are correct he has the right to seize the property for the amount of the original defaulted loan plus interest. Check the paper she had two loans she is current on one and owes $100,000 on another she defaulted on the tanning building is worth $148,000, 148000 > 100000. Therefor he cannot seize Nova the equipment, and the tanning building and beds. He cannot even seize the entire tanning building with the equipment as the value of them is greater than the defaulted loan.
http://www.delgazette.com/local.asp...
From PolitiFact Ohio:
2002, the office had a budget of $591,798, according to county records. In 2009, the budget was $1.54 million ó 2.6 times the amount budged in 2002.

The county also keeps track of actual spending from the general fund. Spending totaled $577,887 in 2002 and $1.49 million last year. The 2009 figure for actual spending also is about 2.6 times the amount spent in 2002.

But Yost said those documents donít tell the whole story, and offers these explanations.

In 2002 the office received a $130,000 subsidy from the countyís child support enforcement agency to pay lawyers and other staff who worked on child support cases. That subsidy is not reflected in the 2002 prosecutorís budget, skewing the budget comparison to 2009, Yost said. The subsidy pushed the 2002 total closer to $710,000. Using this figure as the basis for the comparison, Yost spent about twice as much in 2009 as his predecessor did in 2002.
The child support enforcement agency was removed from the prosecutorís office in September 2003 and placed under the Delaware County commissioners. To cover the staff costs for legal work on those cases, the commissioners, who set the county budget each year, allocated more money to the prosecutor.

The demands on the prosecutors office for services increased as the countyís population increased. Yost also pointed to prosecutorís budgets in five other counties with populations between 150,000 and 200,000: Greene, Licking, Medina, Clermont and Portage. Delaware County had the second-lowest general fund budget in 2009 in the group.

Two problems with his explanations:
1) Yost forgets to mention the massive lawsuit in 2002 he got the county in from the Child Support Enforcement Agency - remember Susan Hollenbach?

2) The population has NOT increased nearly 2.5 times since 2002
James

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#136
Jul 29, 2010
 
I'm confused.Go back to yost post.we will see on saturday if she is still cooking,serving.and being rude.
got to b kidding

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138
Jul 30, 2010
 
Is there a doubt they will prove her guilty.they gotta find the other crooks involved and its a slam dunk.she could rat on her partners in crime cop a plea she will have already lost it all.pay back hidden monies and the thing will be old news.go to nova saturday and we will see if its the last supper
Local

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#139
Aug 2, 2010
 
Well considering Nova is open today and has a now hiring sign on the door. Im going to assume that they didn't close Saturday and are planning on staying open for awhile.
Sid

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#140
Aug 2, 2010
 
better not check to close at any of those antique stores. Espescially in the back rooms.
George

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141
Aug 2, 2010
 
Jake wrote:
@ Red Raider
You spew a lot of venom, call people names and fling accusations yet offer no examples or proof of any wrongdoing. Typical libtard demonization and empty attempts to discredit those with whom you disagree. You can't win on the issues so you have to resort to mudslinging and name-calling -- pitiful weak. It's not working anymore. People are getting wise to your smear tactics.
You should add "the truth "to the pile if that's the case.
James

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142
Aug 2, 2010
 
Glad to hear that...Maybe the crisis is over.
Doubt it

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143
Aug 3, 2010
 
But I hope the restaurant can be sold to new ownership.
Vince

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#144
Aug 3, 2010
 
PolitiFact Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
From PolitiFact Ohio:
2002, the office had a budget of $591,798, according to county records. In 2009, the budget was $1.54 million ó 2.6 times the amount budged in 2002.
The county also keeps track of actual spending from the general fund. Spending totaled $577,887 in 2002 and $1.49 million last year. The 2009 figure for actual spending also is about 2.6 times the amount spent in 2002.
But Yost said those documents donít tell the whole story, and offers these explanations.
In 2002 the office received a $130,000 subsidy from the countyís child support enforcement agency to pay lawyers and other staff who worked on child support cases. That subsidy is not reflected in the 2002 prosecutorís budget, skewing the budget comparison to 2009, Yost said. The subsidy pushed the 2002 total closer to $710,000. Using this figure as the basis for the comparison, Yost spent about twice as much in 2009 as his predecessor did in 2002.
The child support enforcement agency was removed from the prosecutorís office in September 2003 and placed under the Delaware County commissioners. To cover the staff costs for legal work on those cases, the commissioners, who set the county budget each year, allocated more money to the prosecutor.
The demands on the prosecutors office for services increased as the countyís population increased. Yost also pointed to prosecutorís budgets in five other counties with populations between 150,000 and 200,000: Greene, Licking, Medina, Clermont and Portage. Delaware County had the second-lowest general fund budget in 2009 in the group.
Two problems with his explanations:
1) Yost forgets to mention the massive lawsuit in 2002 he got the county in from the Child Support Enforcement Agency - remember Susan Hollenbach?
2) The population has NOT increased nearly 2.5 times since 2002
Charlie - very few care about your spiteful hate for Dave Yost. You do a great job of keeping his name out in front of the cyber crowd. But, has it ever occured to you that your constant publishiing of his name will backfire - and only help with name recognition in the elections? I hope that is not the case, but I caution you to be careful. Remember that voters are not really all that educated - or more importantly care to be.
Got to be kidding

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#145
Aug 3, 2010
 
get your own thread.Yost is entirely on a different page.If ya can't talk about Dunlap what she's done and who she's done it with blog somewhere else......
Kelly

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#146
Aug 3, 2010
 
Got to be kidding wrote:
get your own thread.Yost is entirely on a different page.If ya can't talk about Dunlap what she's done and who she's done it with blog somewhere else......
This is not a blog,and the people posting are not blogging here. It is a message board. They are two very different things, just so ya know. And your ignorance on the subject is hilarious. There is a connection with Denise D. and Yost. I am sorry that the connection gets your panties in such a bunch.
Leo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147
Aug 3, 2010
 
The majority of the people posting could not identify Mr. Yost in a crowd. Denise knew real well what he looks like and has for quite a few years. She simply did not want to get to know him so well lately.
Yost

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#148
Aug 3, 2010
 
Yost for Auditor of State
Alan Garner

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149
Aug 3, 2010
 
The Red Raider wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's all we seem to hear about Delaware, a virtual cesspool of Republican corruption run by the likes of Dave Yost, Corrupt Republican. Hey, was Corrupt Dave Yost and his Corrupt Republican Thieves prosecuting this type of fraud when Taft and the Rest of the Corrupt Republican Thieves were stealing us blind when they had power? No of course not. Because they're thieves too and there was money to be made at that time. Now that all thievery finally got out of hand, it's time for them to eat their own. A few years ago, Yost would have been drinking down at the country club with this **** and havin a good 'ol time. Yep, filthy Republicans. Why don't just all die and go to hell?
LOL!!!! Priceless!!!
No joke I am Conkite

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#150
Aug 3, 2010
 
Got to be kidding wrote:
get your own thread.Yost is entirely on a different page.If ya can't talk about Dunlap what she's done and who she's done it with blog somewhere else......
Yost reviewed the contracts twice years before the "issue" OBrien, Kaitsa and Yost concocted came up. Donít believe me look at the WRITEN EVIDENCE at http://delawarecountypoliticalreporter.bl ogsp... I now hear that the contract for the law firm hired to defend the county from the bogus charges OBrien, Kaitsa and Yost drummed up is not valid. Accept the fact the county has the moral and legal (see the opinion from Judge Whitney also at http://delawarecountypoliticalreporter.bl ogsp...) to pay on all contracts including the BMV. And thatís the way it is August 3, 2010.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 120 of139
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
City Council to consider regulations for Uber, ... 7 min JessieCups 1
Lois Lerner linked to another erased hard drive 17 min Male 45
Treating the vermin like vermin 1 hr yeah baby yeah 1
Columbus mayor to DNC: Pick us or lose Ohio 1 hr Reality Speaks 6
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Pops 29,033
U.S. bans flights to Tel Aviv; Ohioans in limbo 1 hr Reality Speaks 4
Ann Coulter: "White Guilt Has Produced Mistake ... (Sep '12) 2 hr Reality Speaks 41
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••