“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#21 Jun 25, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds silly but the forum gives me hope, re: racism. Racist and homophobic (sexist attitudes seem to be longer enduring) attitudes have eroded massively in the shared public in the last few decades. Where these attitudes would have recently been widely shared, you're seeing them decline massively and self limit to anon exchanges.
Back in the day, everyone would have thought these things, said these things and it would have been acceptable in high value personal exchanges. At work, in schools, anywhere.
And, on a personal level, I've really enjoyed watching these ideas move into a more class bound system. If you look for racist posters here, you're going to see that the same folks who have a problem with other races also have a problem with basic literacy. And while I recognize that helping people address their class and educational limitations can work to eradicate these biases while providing a more equitable and fair cultural market for all, I'm delighted that the folks who retain these biases aren't in a position of power in our culture.
It would be great if we could address poverty and educational gaps in an effort to eradicate racism amongst the less privileged. But for now, it's great that these folks are too dumb/poor/devoid of agency to do much more than mutter darkly.
And when you combine these trends, to note that even amongst the lower classes this kind of speech is being limited to anon exchanges, that demonstrates that even among these less capable groups, that there's a growing understanding that these biases are unacceptable.
Tl;dr: It's kinda ok, only the lower classes really still seem to be racist in direct expression. And even they seem to know not to trot that nonsense out in the real world. Systematic racisim still sucks.
By "lower classes," I can only assume you are referencing Jesse "Hymietown" Jackson, Al "F#gg0t" Sharpton and their supporters, who enjoy immunity with respect to their prejudices.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#22 Jun 25, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds silly but the forum gives me hope, re: racism. Racist and homophobic (sexist attitudes seem to be longer enduring) attitudes have eroded massively in the shared public in the last few decades. Where these attitudes would have recently been widely shared, you're seeing them decline massively and self limit to anon exchanges.
Back in the day, everyone would have thought these things, said these things and it would have been acceptable in high value personal exchanges. At work, in schools, anywhere.
And, on a personal level, I've really enjoyed watching these ideas move into a more class bound system. If you look for racist posters here, you're going to see that the same folks who have a problem with other races also have a problem with basic literacy. And while I recognize that helping people address their class and educational limitations can work to eradicate these biases while providing a more equitable and fair cultural market for all, I'm delighted that the folks who retain these biases aren't in a position of power in our culture.
It would be great if we could address poverty and educational gaps in an effort to eradicate racism amongst the less privileged. But for now, it's great that these folks are too dumb/poor/devoid of agency to do much more than mutter darkly.
And when you combine these trends, to note that even amongst the lower classes this kind of speech is being limited to anon exchanges, that demonstrates that even among these less capable groups, that there's a growing understanding that these biases are unacceptable.
Tl;dr: It's kinda ok, only the lower classes really still seem to be racist in direct expression. And even they seem to know not to trot that nonsense out in the real world. Systematic racisim still sucks.
Call me a naif, but I really don't think anyone on the forum is truly racist. Comments made based on race, job profession, stupidity with other factors drawn into the discussion, which may appear bigoted or racist...easy target on an anonymous forum.

Location hidden

#23 Jun 25, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Pundits saying they, being congress, will not touch the decision. Thanks for more info.
I find the decision interesting yet perplexing; it's like there was no real decision. Just my interpretation.
The decision frees nine (9) states from unjustified federal oversight as reinstated by the 2006 Congress based on a decades-old formula; and, it restores them to an equal footing with the remaining 41 states.

The Professional Black Grievance Industry cannot be pleased.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#24 Jun 25, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
By "lower classes," I can only assume you are referencing Jesse "Hymietown" Jackson, Al "F#gg0t" Sharpton and their supporters, who enjoy immunity with respect to their prejudices.
I'm actually talking specifically about statements made on this board. Sorry if I hadn't made that clear enough.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#25 Jun 25, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Call me a naif, but I really don't think anyone on the forum is truly racist. Comments made based on race, job profession, stupidity with other factors drawn into the discussion, which may appear bigoted or racist...easy target on an anonymous forum.
I wholeheartedly and respectfully disagree.

woof

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#26 Jun 25, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Call me a naif, but I really don't think anyone on the forum is truly racist. Comments made based on race, job profession, stupidity with other factors drawn into the discussion, which may appear bigoted or racist...easy target on an anonymous forum.
I agree that most of the racist posturing is part of the Internet Tough Guy Syndrome, but I think that the choice for people who feel powerless to work to try and establish a voice that they feel is powerful through racist speech is a meaningful one.

Yes, it is just people with little agency and education trying to be heard. But their choice of racist speech to try and be noticed speaks to their motivations.

Personally, I almost like it. You've got folks screeching epitaphs to the internet from their trailers and cold water flats while the rest of the world continues to move on without them. The contrast between the forceful nature of the words chosen with the utter powerlessness is beautiful and fitting.

Location hidden

#27 Jun 25, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm actually talking specifically about statements made on this board. Sorry if I hadn't made that clear enough.
<chuckle>...but, of course.

On another note, your posts could be cut to the one-third their size and still retain their pomposity. Ms. MPNF may cut you a deal on her editing services, though the results may be even more entertaining.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#28 Jun 25, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that most of the racist posturing is part of the Internet Tough Guy Syndrome, but I think that the choice for people who feel powerless to work to try and establish a voice that they feel is powerful through racist speech is a meaningful one.
Yes, it is just people with little agency and education trying to be heard. But their choice of racist speech to try and be noticed speaks to their motivations.
Personally, I almost like it. You've got folks screeching epitaphs to the internet from their trailers and cold water flats while the rest of the world continues to move on without them. The contrast between the forceful nature of the words chosen with the utter powerlessness is beautiful and fitting.
If anyone here displays a bent for phony superiority and crass stereotypes, it's you, tramp.

Hilliard, OH

#29 Jun 25, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
Black Rhino is a racist. That cannot be denied.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#30 Jun 25, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
I will wait for the supposed protectors of separation of powers and the opponents of "judicial activism" to becry the SCOTUS legislating from the bench.
what does it matter?

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#31 Jun 25, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile the EU is in a wreck of demographic decline and sharia takeover.

I point out the truth about racial politics and the media. You twist yourself into a pretzel trying to defend the Third World society your people imported.

Ivy League-ISIS

#32 Jun 25, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Black Rhino is a racist. That cannot be denied.
Most of the left are against the concept of a positive white identity, but most of them are also white, so it's hard to charge them as "racist against themselves", it's akin to saying a "self-hating Jew" is "Anti-Semitic"

Rhino is a racist, probably the only poster on here who can be correctly labeled one. Were he "privileged" enough to get into Columbia back in the day, he would have been bros with Holder.

Location hidden

#33 Jun 25, 2013
Obama attacking SCOTUS...again.
And calling on Congress to do something about it.
Priceless.

Location hidden

#34 Jun 25, 2013
Just another example of the Left/MSM's subversion of truth.

The majority opinion clearly states:

"Our decision in no way affects the permanent, nationwide ban on racial discrimination in voting found in 2."

Ivy League-ISIS

#35 Jun 25, 2013
-tip- wrote:
Obama attacking SCOTUS...again.
And calling on Congress to do something about it.
Priceless.
Just hope he doesn't get another SCOTUS pick, or if he gets one after a GOP Senate majority in 2014, which means he would have to nominate a conservative.

Hilliard, OH

#36 Jun 25, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Just hope he doesn't get another SCOTUS pick, or if he gets one after a GOP Senate majority in 2014, which means he would have to nominate a conservative.
With the Rinos we see today? He can nominate any far left woman or minority and confirmation is assured.

Ivy League-ISIS

#37 Jun 25, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>With the Rinos we see today? He can nominate any far left woman or minority and confirmation is assured.
Depends on the size of the majority

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_S...

Note who would become Chairman, either Grassley or Sessions.

Neither would let a leftist out of committee.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#38 Jun 25, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Black Rhino is a racist. That cannot be denied.
True. I took the post directed toward you, Bobby, et al. I ignore Rhino ala Reader's selective reading of posts.

Hilliard, OH

#39 Jun 25, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on the size of the majority
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_S...
Note who would become Chairman, either Grassley or Sessions.
Neither would let a leftist out of committee.
Depends on their PRISM profile that day...

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#40 Jun 25, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
<chuckle>...but, of course.
On another note, your posts could be cut to the one-third their size and still retain their pomposity. Ms. MPNF may cut you a deal on her editing services, though the results may be even more entertaining.
Still obsessing over me, huh? Interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 9 min White cop 4,833
I found Mr Tea 13 min White cop 8
Parsley urgently appeals for cash | The Columbu... (Dec '09) 1 hr Joyce 393
Rod Parsley says ministry threatened by lack of... (Dec '09) 1 hr Joyce 759
Hand outs 2 hr observer 8
COPS lives MATTER 2 hr Reality Speaks 40
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 3 hr Reality Speaks 312
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web