A friend

Cleveland, OH

#1 Dec 29, 2010
On Christmas eve a woman died in the parking lot of Riverside Hospital. Her name was Mary Litten. Police were called to the scene, and hospital alerted... and yet, there is no news of this, and no police report. What the heck is the matter with this towns news media.; You write articles on buckeyes asking forgiveness and mailboxes that were broken into - but not one single word about this woman?
Porky Pig

Dublin, OH

#2 Dec 29, 2010
A friend wrote:
On Christmas eve a woman died in the parking lot of Riverside Hospital. Her name was Mary Litten. Police were called to the scene, and hospital alerted... and yet, there is no news of this, and no police report. What the heck is the matter with this towns news media.; You write articles on buckeyes asking forgiveness and mailboxes that were broken into - but not one single word about this woman?
From what I gather, she committed suicide.
A friend

Cleveland, OH

#3 Dec 29, 2010
If true - Does that make it any less worthy of an obituary, or even a slight news article to state it happened? Even a sentence? I do not know if it was a suicide, a robbery or what!
Porky Pig

Dublin, OH

#4 Dec 29, 2010
A friend wrote:
If true - Does that make it any less worthy of an obituary, or even a slight news article to state it happened? Even a sentence? I do not know if it was a suicide, a robbery or what!
No, it doesn't make it any less worthy of an obituary, but that is up to the family, not the media or the Dispatch. I don't think family members want a loved ones suicide to be in the media either.
JRW

Columbus, OH

#5 Dec 29, 2010
A friend wrote:
An obituary is the family's choice, not the media. If you're "a friend" wouldn't you already know what happened?

“Not Perfect, Just Forgiven”

Since: May 10

Bloom Where You're Planted!

#6 Dec 29, 2010
A friend wrote:
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.
There's an obituary in today's Athen's Messenger about a Mary Little, who died Christmas Day. I don't know if that's your friend or not, but I was just trying to help you.
Again, I'm sorry for your loss.
Porky Pig

Bellefontaine, OH

#7 Dec 29, 2010
7th Heaven wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.
There's an obituary in today's Athen's Messenger about a Mary Little, who died Christmas Day. I don't know if that's your friend or not, but I was just trying to help you.
Again, I'm sorry for your loss.
That is so nice of you. Mary Litten was from Columbus though.
CountryGrrl

Zanesville, OH

#8 Dec 29, 2010
"A friend": Yes, Mary did pass away Christmas Eve. She ended her own life and she chose to do so at Riverside Hospital. There is no obituary in the Columbus Dispatch or the paper where her family is from. There will be a private service for family in her hometown (or at least where her family lives). I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost a kind and giving soul.

"JRW": Your extra comments are not necessary nor are they appreciated. It apparently never occurred to you that someone could have many, many friends who do not know one another. Next time you are thinking about typing something condescending, why don't you attempt to be respectful and refrain.

-another friend

#9 Dec 29, 2010
Porky Pig wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so nice of you. Mary Litten was from Columbus though.
It's a little confusing -- the obituary said that a Mary Little (different last name, too, so I wasn't sure) died on 12/25/10 at Riverside Hospital in Columbus. She was an 87-year-old woman who appeared to be a resident of Athens -- maybe she was visiting?? Just Google Athens Messenger, and click on Obituaries. I was sure hoping that would help to bring closure to Mary's friend.

#10 Dec 29, 2010
CountryGrrl wrote:
"A friend": Yes, Mary did pass away Christmas Eve. She ended her own life and she chose to do so at Riverside Hospital. There is no obituary in the Columbus Dispatch or the paper where her family is from. There will be a private service for family in her hometown (or at least where her family lives). I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost a kind and giving soul.
"JRW": Your extra comments are not necessary nor are they appreciated. It apparently never occurred to you that someone could have many, many friends who do not know one another. Next time you are thinking about typing something condescending, why don't you attempt to be respectful and refrain.
-another friend
Okay -- never mind. Just disregard my previous post. Sorry.
Steve

Cleveland, OH

#11 Jan 25, 2011
For Marys Friends... I posted a video take of Mary a week before to youtube and invite you to watch if you wish to remember Mary the way I do... Laughing and joyful.
Tall Mary

Florence, SC

#12 Jan 25, 2011
Thanks, Steve. It had been a long time since I had seen Mary. She seems just as I remember.
CJL

Columbus, OH

#13 Jan 31, 2011
Thanks for posting this Steve. That's how I will remember Mary also. A Very Mary video :)
Joy

Columbus, OH

#14 Nov 9, 2011
Thanks, Steve. I knew Mary from a previous job--she was delightful, smart, and kind. It was nice to see you, too. This was a lovely thing to add to this thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wasserman Schultz to step down amid uproar over... 7 min d pants 84
Trump...the evasive 23 min BizzyBee 1
Trump the Liar 42 min VCNZX 224
Don't trust Google... 50 min Free Pizza 4 U 16
Trump and Putin have ties..... 1 hr d pants 41
African-American man shot over politics 1 hr d pants 1
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 1 hr xeniod 1,336

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance