Columbus Bike Share Program

Apr 29, 2013 Full story: Examiner.com 25

It's been named and it's coming this July... CoGo Bike Share ! There will be 300 bikes with 30 different stations for pickup/drop-off around the downtown area.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1 Apr 30, 2013
Too bad Jennifer Arzaga doesn't say how much taxpayers pockets are being picked for this.

I expect I'll see one or more of these stolen ugli-bikes in my neighborhood before the end of 2013.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#2 Apr 30, 2013
just saying wrote:
Too bad Jennifer Arzaga doesn't say how much taxpayers pockets are being picked for this.
I expect I'll see one or more of these stolen ugli-bikes in my neighborhood before the end of 2013.
$2,268,550. For 300 bicycles.
Geronimo

Reynoldsburg, OH

#3 Apr 30, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
$2,268,550. For 300 bicycles.
Don't be such a jackass.

For 300 bicycles... and 30 stations, ancillary vehicles, offices, staff, advertising, etc., etc., etc.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#4 Apr 30, 2013
Why don't they just use the bikes that get left on the COTA bike carriers? Hundreds every year.

If someone is so dumb that they put their bike on the front of the bus, board the bus, then get off the bus and forget their bike, they don't deserve it back.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#5 Apr 30, 2013
The Borris bikes have been amazing out here. Cutting down on congestion while making it possible to cut through the city faster. Really hope more cities continue to develop bikeshares!
Geronimo

Reynoldsburg, OH

#6 Apr 30, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
The Borris bikes have been amazing out here. Cutting down on congestion while making it possible to cut through the city faster. Really hope more cities continue to develop bikeshares!
Interesting. 8,000 Boris Bikes and 570 stations in the London program: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barclays_Cycle_H...

BCH makes Mikey's Bikes look like just another Podunkbus, Ohio "me too" idea done small.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#7 Apr 30, 2013
Even the Borris bikes are tiny compared to some of the Scandinavian bikeshares. I'm really hoping more and more cities are going to bring them out and expand them. Great for commute times and getting city dwellers some exercise. And seems to be a lot cheaper and easier to implement than trying to get yet more cars into overtaxed infrastructure.
just saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#8 May 2, 2013
Here is why bicycles don't belong on public roads.

Downtown cyclists don't stand a chance in Columbus traffic.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#9 May 2, 2013
Cities have changed pretty dramatically (and quickly!) to adapt to cycles sharing the road. A smaller project like this is a great chance to look at demand and the conflicts that they arise on a smaller scale and then work to resolve the traffic and roadshare issues before further developing programs.

Just because things are new and different doesn't mean that they're not feasible.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#10 May 2, 2013
Bicycles slow traffic and increase congestion, which is annoying and dangerous.

That also increases fuel consumption and tailpipe emissions, plus wear on vehicles and even ambient noise from all the braking and accelerating to get around these rolling roadblocks.
Big Johnson

Canal Winchester, OH

#11 May 2, 2013
That's why I keep my pretty wheels on the sidewalk.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/20-Schwinn-Spirit-G...
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#12 May 2, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
Bicycles slow traffic and increase congestion, which is annoying and dangerous.
That also increases fuel consumption and tailpipe emissions, plus wear on vehicles and even ambient noise from all the braking and accelerating to get around these rolling roadblocks.
I don't understand why they route bike trails along main roads. It is far more sensible to have people going through low traffic areas like subdivisions.
just sayin

Columbus, OH

#13 May 2, 2013
Now Seriouslady can visit Columbus and finally learn to ride a bike.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#14 May 2, 2013
just sayin wrote:
Now Seriouslady can visit Columbus and finally learn to ride a bike.
You going to teach her, Johnson?
just sayin

Columbus, OH

#15 May 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>You going to teach her, Johnson?
Let's play doctor. Open up and say "ahhh".
Biggun

Columbus, OH

#16 May 2, 2013
He needs to bend over and say "owwww".

Hilliard, OH

#17 May 2, 2013
Johnson's unbridles homosexuality on display for the thousandth nauseating time...
Walt58

Columbus, OH

#19 May 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Johnson's unbridles homosexuality on display for the thousandth nauseating time...
George why is an old cripple like you posting comments in a thread about bikes? You need to be posting in a thread about wheelchairs.
I love George

Columbus, OH

#20 May 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
You know you love the attention since you don't get any at home.

Hilliard, OH

#21 May 2, 2013
Walt58 wrote:
<quoted text>
George why is an old cripple like you posting comments in a thread about bikes? You need to be posting in a thread about wheelchairs.
Numbered fake Walt returns...
Johnson, you're running out of imagination.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Censoring Male. 45 min Trash Collector 21
Public Flogging 1 hr They cannot kill ... 20
Topix gets rid of Canton and Twinsburg posters!!! 2 hr White cop 32
Live or fake Christmas tree? (Nov '13) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 10
"Humanized" deer sculptures arrive in Columbus 3 hr Melodie Thompson 3
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 4 hr Reality Speaks 337
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 5 hr Reality Speaks 285
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 6 hr Neutral Party 4,802
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:03 pm PST

ESPN 1:03PM