Me-TV 4.2 Coming To Columbus Sept. 26

Me-TV 4.2 Coming To Columbus Sept. 26

There are 89 comments on the MSNBC story from Sep 8, 2011, titled Me-TV 4.2 Coming To Columbus Sept. 26. In it, MSNBC reports that:

NBC4 is bringing Me-TV to Columbus on Monday, Sept. 26. The new digital classic television network is from Weigel Broadcasting Co.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MSNBC.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Spooktackular

United States

#1 Sep 8, 2011
What is happening with RTV that is currently on 4.2? I like the Candian show Da Vinci's inquest they have at 11 pm and the shows Peter Gun, The Saint, and Daniel Boone.
George Jefferson

Millbury, OH

#2 Sep 8, 2011
Spooktackular wrote:
What is happening with RTV that is currently on 4.2? I like the Candian show Da Vinci's inquest they have at 11 pm and the shows Peter Gun, The Saint, and Daniel Boone.
DaVinci's Inquest is not "classic television." Nothing less than 25 years old is. MeTV looks like a vast improvement over RTV.
Jeremiah

Delaware, OH

#3 Sep 8, 2011
Glad to see MASH in the lineup plus a lot more favorites from my childhood...
Spooktacular

United States

#4 Sep 8, 2011
George Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>DaVinci's Inquest is not "classic television." Nothing less than 25 years old is. MeTV looks like a vast improvement over RTV.
Non the less Davinci's Inquest is beeter than the same old news; thugs shooting each other, vote yes for the children, and the Mongolian Cluster Fu ck aka OSU sports
George Jefferson

Millbury, OH

#5 Sep 8, 2011
Spooktacular wrote:
<quoted text>
Non the less Davinci's Inquest is beeter than the same old news; thugs shooting each other, vote yes for the children, and the Mongolian Cluster Fu ck aka OSU sports
Yes, but it sucks compared to The Mary Tyler Moore Show, MASH and I Love Lucy.
Spooktacular

United States

#6 Sep 8, 2011
George Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but it sucks compared to The Mary Tyler Moore Show, MASH and I Love Lucy.
a little bit of Lucy goes a long way. Same with Alan Alda.

I am too tight with my money to get a dish or cable. I guess it will be lots of laser and string playing with the cat when not loading ammo
George Jefferson

Millbury, OH

#7 Sep 8, 2011
Spooktacular wrote:
<quoted text>
a little bit of Lucy goes a long way. Same with Alan Alda.
I am too tight with my money to get a dish or cable. I guess it will be lots of laser and string playing with the cat when not loading ammo
Being free from cable is liberating. Netflix and Hulu work great at a fraction of the cost.
Enzyte Bob

Chicago, IL

#8 Sep 8, 2011
George Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but it sucks compared to The Mary Tyler Moore Show, MASH and I Love Lucy.
RTV has a history of consistently stiffing people who provide their program content. They previously lost the Viacom library because they stiffed them on royalties, and reading between the lines why else would Universal pull their shows from RTV? The Universal shows were on longer than they should have been and once the Universal shows were gone, the shows that replaced them were pretty poor quality.

On the other hand, Weigel is also behind ThisTV and, by and large, it has been a pretty good channel. If MeTV is similar in quality, I think it will be an improvement over RTV.

Except for Route 66, Naked City, and The Saint, RTV pretty much sucks.
+
Enzyte Bob

Chicago, IL

#9 Sep 8, 2011
George Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>Being free from cable is liberating. Netflix and Hulu work great at a fraction of the cost.
I cut the cable, but Insight gave me a killer of a deal - internet and cable, HD channels, DVR, Encore and Showtime for $71 +/- month. Between WOSU, This TV and the local channels, the only thing missing is a news channel. If C-BS or ABC would come up with a side channel for news, I would cut the cable in an instant and go to the $14.99 AT&T internet package. It's slower than the 16 MB cable I have right now, but I could live with it if I had to.
George Jefferson

Millbury, OH

#10 Sep 8, 2011
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
RTV has a history of consistently stiffing people who provide their program content. They previously lost the Viacom library because they stiffed them on royalties, and reading between the lines why else would Universal pull their shows from RTV? The Universal shows were on longer than they should have been and once the Universal shows were gone, the shows that replaced them were pretty poor quality.
On the other hand, Weigel is also behind ThisTV and, by and large, it has been a pretty good channel. If MeTV is similar in quality, I think it will be an improvement over RTV.
Except for Route 66, Naked City, and The Saint, RTV pretty much sucks.
+
I'll miss Off Beat Cinema on Saturday nights, but not that much. MeTV shows Route 66 once a week.
One problem with some of the Universal shows was lack of episodes. Battlestar Galactica and Black Sheep Squadron go pretty fast at 26 and 38 episodes respectively. Adam-12 and Emergency lasted seven seasons each.
Enzyte Bob

Chicago, IL

#11 Sep 8, 2011
George Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>I'll miss Off Beat Cinema on Saturday nights, but not that much. MeTV shows Route 66 once a week.
One problem with some of the Universal shows was lack of episodes. Battlestar Galactica and Black Sheep Squadron go pretty fast at 26 and 38 episodes respectively. Adam-12 and Emergency lasted seven seasons each.
George, we must be soul brothers. Off-Beat Cinema is also one of my favorites. I also like the movies on the Monster Madness show that preceeds it, but I can't stand the local bits. They are not the least bit entertaining. I like humor, with, and a bit of artsiness. The Monster Madness show has none of those qualities - it's just awful. There's nothing worse than someone who thinks he's funny, but isn't!!!
George Jefferson

Millbury, OH

#12 Sep 8, 2011
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
George, we must be soul brothers. Off-Beat Cinema is also one of my favorites. I also like the movies on the Monster Madness show that preceeds it, but I can't stand the local bits. They are not the least bit entertaining. I like humor, with, and a bit of artsiness. The Monster Madness show has none of those qualities - it's just awful. There's nothing worse than someone who thinks he's funny, but isn't!!!
I agree. Wolfman Mac is the pits.
Jeremiah

Delaware, OH

#13 Sep 9, 2011
Would be killer if we could have the original Star Trek, too.
George Jefferson

Millbury, OH

#14 Sep 9, 2011
Jeremiah wrote:
Would be killer if we could have the original Star Trek, too.
You will. It's on MeTV's schedule.
Enzyte Bob

Powell, OH

#15 Sep 9, 2011
George Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>You will. It's on MeTV's schedule.
I found myself watching mostly the Rockford Files, Adam-12 and the occasional Knight Rider/A-Team episode. The shows were stale. It got pretty bad when you had seen an episode about the fourth time. RTV was mostly a low-budget affair. They would never cut to breaks at the right time, and their bumpers are annoying.

On the other hand MeTV's sister station, This TV is packaged very professionally, has pretty decent programming, and the bumpers are very professional. Strictly from the stanpoint of product packaging, I'm certain MeTV will be light years ahead of RTV. I'm glad for the switch.
George Jefferson

Millbury, OH

#16 Sep 9, 2011
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I found myself watching mostly the Rockford Files, Adam-12 and the occasional Knight Rider/A-Team episode. The shows were stale. It got pretty bad when you had seen an episode about the fourth time. RTV was mostly a low-budget affair. They would never cut to breaks at the right time, and their bumpers are annoying.
On the other hand MeTV's sister station, This TV is packaged very professionally, has pretty decent programming, and the bumpers are very professional. Strictly from the stanpoint of product packaging, I'm certain MeTV will be light years ahead of RTV. I'm glad for the switch.
I agree. RTV changed ownership (to Luken) several months ago, but it just seems to have gotten worse.
Amazing how some shows hold their quality (Route 66) and some are so horrible (Movin' On, which was a Route 66 rip off with a semi instead of a Corvette.)
Enzyte Bob

Powell, OH

#17 Sep 9, 2011
George Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. RTV changed ownership (to Luken) several months ago, but it just seems to have gotten worse.
Amazing how some shows hold their quality (Route 66) and some are so horrible (Movin' On, which was a Route 66 rip off with a semi instead of a Corvette.)
Neither C-BS nor ABC has a cable news channel. I don't understand why one of them doesn't throw something up on one of these subchannels. I would drop cable in a minute for a viable news alternative. ABC probably is afraid of cannibalizing ESPN and C-BS is probably afraid of cannibalizing all the Viacom cable channels, though.

Maybe the BBC could come up with an American news channel.
Jeremiah

Delaware, OH

#18 Sep 14, 2011
George Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>You will. It's on MeTV's schedule.
oh wow! Missed that.
My roof TV Antenna

Delaware, OH

#19 Sep 16, 2011
May I ask what is ch 4.2 & other channels off the main ch 4, ch 6, ch 10 etc... of local channels here in Columbus? What would I need to recieve these channels?
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#20 Sep 16, 2011
My roof TV Antenna wrote:
May I ask what is ch 4.2 & other channels off the main ch 4, ch 6, ch 10 etc... of local channels here in Columbus? What would I need to recieve these channels?
4.2 - MeTV - Classic Reruns
6.2 - ThisTV - Mostly Classic B Movies
10.2 - Weather
23 - GTN - The former WSFJ
28.2 - CoolTV - Music Videos
34.2 - The Ohio Channel - News and Public Affairs
34.3 - PBS Create - Mostly Home Improvement and Art

What would you need to recieve these channels?

A tv.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JonJedi is 45 min Duke for Mayor 2
Trump so sad, boo hoo hoo 1 hr White Fangs 17
The Lost Art of Conversation 2 hr coffee tea or me 29
Telltale signs of 3rd world dictators 2 hr coffee tea or me 2
Worlds fastest growing religion is..... 3 hr jonjedi 124
I shop at Salvation Army & Toilet Store 4 hr Jon Jedi 3
Donald Trump Administration 6 hr jonjedi 738

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance