Junior Citizen

Sharon Center, OH

#226 Oct 6, 2012
Senior Citizen wrote:
snip
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
Senior Citizen

Savannah, GA

#227 Oct 6, 2012
http://www.theosophy-nw.org/theosnw/reincar/r...

Reincarnation taught by the early Christian Church
Junior Citizen

Sharon Center, OH

#228 Oct 6, 2012
Senior Citizen wrote:
http://www.theosophy-nw.org/th eosnw/reincar/re-imo.htm
Reincarnation taught by the early Christian Church
blah blah blah blah blah
Senior Citizen

Savannah, GA

#229 Oct 6, 2012
http://reluctant-messenger.com/aquarian_gospe...

Very good information on the early Christian Church and the belief in Reincarnation that most of them had.
Conservative

Greenville, OH

#230 Oct 6, 2012
Senior Citizen wrote:
Is Reincarnation in the Bible?
Who was John the Baptist Before he was John the Baptist?
This usually shows you just how uninformed the Religious Right really is, about their own Bible.
The Bible opposes reincarnation. It shows that man is the special creation of God, created in God’s image with both a material body and an immaterial soul and spirit.

He was John ben-Zechariah, locally born and reared in a Priestly Family. His father was a Temple Priest, his mother, related to Mary, mother of Jesus. John and Jesus were said to be cousins born 6 months apart.

Your assumption that John was the reincarnation of"Ellijah" is wrong. Your confused with that John was "reminiscent of Ellijah".

John, when asked, said that he was not Ellijah.
Conservative

Greenville, OH

#232 Oct 6, 2012
I come from a very religious family. I choose for the most part not to enter in the discussions where religion is used as a way of bolstering an untruth.

Some here use it at their convenience to make themselves feel better about the decisions they've made. To justify wrongly their decisions.

They use Old and New Testament wrongly. The Old Testament is an historical reference, we live under the New Testament.
Senior Citizen

Savannah, GA

#233 Oct 6, 2012
Tue, John, when asked said he was NOT Elijah. Jesus said John the Baptist was Elijah.
Are you suggesting that John the Baptist knew More than Jesus Christ Knew?
Are you suggesting that John was right and Jesus Christ was wrong?

I believe that Jesus Christ knew more than John the Baptist Knew.
I believe the Jesus Christ was Right and John the Baptist was wrong.

It was Not God's Plan for John to KNOW that he was the Reincarnation of Elijah.

You KNOW That. You are just turning and twisting to get out of admitting that Reincarnation IS in the Bible.
Senior Citizen

Savannah, GA

#234 Oct 6, 2012
The MERE Fact that the people actually Asked John the Baptist if he was the reincarnation of Eljah, PROVES that the People believed in Reincarnation.

And they were looking for, and expecting the Physical Return of Elijah.
Junior Citizen

Sharon Center, OH

#235 Oct 6, 2012
Senior Citizen wrote:
Tue, John, when asked said he was NOT Elijah. Jesus said John the Baptist was Elijah.
Are you suggesting that John the Baptist knew More than Jesus Christ Knew?
Are you suggesting that John was right and Jesus Christ was wrong?
I believe that Jesus Christ knew more than John the Baptist Knew.
I believe the Jesus Christ was Right and John the Baptist was wrong.
It was Not God's Plan for John to KNOW that he was the Reincarnation of Elijah.
You KNOW That. You are just turning and twisting to get out of admitting that Reincarnation IS in the Bible.
blah

blah

blah
imagine2011

Brentwood, TN

#236 Oct 6, 2012
Conservative wrote:
I come from a very religious family. I choose for the most part not to enter in the discussions where religion is used as a way of bolstering an untruth.
Some here use it at their convenience to make themselves feel better about the decisions they've made. To justify wrongly their decisions.
They use Old and New Testament wrongly. The Old Testament is an historical reference, we live under the New Testament.
When John the Baptist was in the womb and his mother meet with Mary while she was pregnant with Jesus, John lept in the womb. I've heard that at that moment, John then recieved the Holy Spirit while in the womb. Jesus was baptised by John, received the Holy Spirit (dove ascended on Him) and began preaching only after baptism. Jesus said that John was the greatest man to ever live. John was able to baptise because he 'did' have the Holy Spirit and probably was the only person on earth who did, since he was born before Jesus. Have you been taught this too?
Conservative

Greenville, OH

#237 Oct 6, 2012
Senior Citizen wrote:
Tue, John, when asked said he was NOT Elijah. Jesus said John the Baptist was Elijah.
Are you suggesting that John the Baptist knew More than Jesus Christ Knew? Are you suggesting that John was right and Jesus Christ was wrong? I believe that Jesus Christ knew more than John the Baptist Knew. I believe the Jesus Christ was Right and John the Baptist was wrong. It was Not God's Plan for John to KNOW that he was the Reincarnation of Elijah. You KNOW That. You are just turning and twisting to get out of admitting that Reincarnation IS in the Bible. 2nd post, The MERE Fact that the people actually Asked John the Baptist if he was the reincarnation of Eljah, PROVES that the People believed in Reincarnation.
And they were looking for, and expecting the Physical Return of Elijah.
I'll cover both your posts at the same time to save time.

To understand what Christ was saying about John the Baptist as Elijah. First, we see that John the Baptist denies that he is Elijah (John 1:21). He was not physically Elijah. However, he did come in the spirit and power of Elijah, and his purpose was the same as Elijah’s in that he was to prepare the people to receive the Lord Jesus (Mal 4:5 & Luke 1:17). So on the one hand he was not physically Elijah, but on the other hand he had the exact role as Elijah “to prepare the hearts to receive Christ when He comes.” This second aspect is clearly what Christ is referring when in Matt 11:1-15 He is answering first John the Baptist’s question, and then speaking to His disciples about the role of John the Baptist. The phrase “If you are willing to accept (Is what Jesus said, not that John was Ellijah), John himself is Elijah who was to come” has referral in the context to his role has the forerunner (Matt 11:10). In other words, for those that do accept Christ as the Messiah in His first coming, John fulfills the role of Elijah not that he is but fills the role “to restore the hearts of the people…etc”.

The second part. Since John dressed like Ellijah, his duties were the same as Ellijahs etc. it would not be an unusual question to ask. Because they asked it does not infer belief in reincarnation.

Likewise to say the next great ballplayer that comes along may be called the reincarnation of...... well take your pick but is not an inference in the belief of reincarnation.

Please do not use the Bible to further your personal beliefs or lack of.
Senior Citizen

Savannah, GA

#238 Oct 6, 2012
In 1983, I had a question. Why do we have a "Gifted" child born on one end of a street and an afflicted child born on the other end of the same street?
I was told by the Preacher that we don't have the answer to that question.
Hmmmm.... that didn't satisfy me.

Either God is totally Fair and totally Just, or he is not.
In Reincarnation I found the answer to that question.
My God is totally Fair and Totally Just.

"As a man sows, so shall he also reap."
Conservative

Greenville, OH

#239 Oct 6, 2012
Ellijah will come before the second and final coming.

It won't be John.

Kosmik

Since: Sep 10

Columbus, OH

#240 Oct 6, 2012
Conservative wrote:
I come from a very religious family. I choose for the most part not to enter in the discussions where religion is used as a way of bolstering an untruth.
Some here use it at their convenience to make themselves feel better about the decisions they've made. To justify wrongly their decisions.
They use Old and New Testament wrongly. The Old Testament is an historical reference, we live under the New Testament.
Be honest, just like the political discussions that enter then leave when your b.s. is countered with fact you do the same when your twisted views are countered with scripture.

Lot's of people believe in things that aren't true. That's nothing new. Intelligent people realize that they're not true.
Senior Citizen

Savannah, GA

#242 Oct 6, 2012
Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll cover both your posts at the same time to save time.
To understand what Christ was saying about John the Baptist as Elijah. First, we see that John the Baptist denies that he is Elijah (John 1:21). He was not physically Elijah. However, he did come in the spirit and power of Elijah, and his purpose was the same as Elijah’s in that he was to prepare the people to receive the Lord Jesus (Mal 4:5 & Luke 1:17). So on the one hand he was not physically Elijah, but on the other hand he had the exact role as Elijah “to prepare the hearts to receive Christ when He comes.” This second aspect is clearly what Christ is referring when in Matt 11:1-15 He is answering first John the Baptist’s question, and then speaking to His disciples about the role of John the Baptist. The phrase “If you are willing to accept (Is what Jesus said, not that John was Ellijah), John himself is Elijah who was to come” has referral in the context to his role has the forerunner (Matt 11:10). In other words, for those that do accept Christ as the Messiah in His first coming, John fulfills the role of Elijah not that he is but fills the role “to restore the hearts of the people…etc”.
The second part. Since John dressed like Ellijah, his duties were the same as Ellijahs etc. it would not be an unusual question to ask. Because they asked it does not infer belief in reincarnation.
Likewise to say the next great ballplayer that comes along may be called the reincarnation of...... well take your pick but is not an inference in the belief of reincarnation.
Please do not use the Bible to further your personal beliefs or lack of.
Bunk!
Reincarnated Senior

Sharon Center, OH

#243 Oct 6, 2012
Senior Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Bunk!
blah
Conservative

Greenville, OH

#244 Oct 6, 2012
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
Most importantly the instruction of the New Testament was to the individual and not societal.
Too many people loose sight that if they choose to believe and follow, the guide applies to them and no one else.
My issue with religion always comes in where it tries to be a societal influence rather than a personal, spiritual one.
Because the New Testament is silent on this issue, some have concluded that no action should be taken. But where no direct advice is given on any activity or attitude, it is left to the
individual to decide. Those who decide that Christians should not concern themselves in any direct way with social reforms, cannot however, avoid being members of society and must, therefore, come to terms with this fact.
Conservative

Greenville, OH

#245 Oct 6, 2012
Senior Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Bunk!
Does that mean I'm right?
Conservative

Greenville, OH

#246 Oct 6, 2012
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
Be honest, just like the political discussions that enter then leave when your b.s. is countered with fact you do the same when your twisted views are countered with scripture.
Lot's of people believe in things that aren't true. That's nothing new. Intelligent people realize that they're not true.
Your Mother must be proud that she raised such a self righteous pompous son.

Your facts are largely your personal opinions and you almost always resort to the same tired lines.

You can't begin to hold a candle to me on scripture. I live it the best I can, you are a poser and your posts are a tribute to that fact.
imagine2011

Brentwood, TN

#247 Oct 6, 2012
Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll cover both your posts at the same time to save time.
To understand what Christ was saying about John the Baptist as Elijah. First, we see that John the Baptist denies that he is Elijah (John 1:21). He was not physically Elijah. However, he did come in the spirit and power of Elijah, and his purpose was the same as Elijah’s in that he was to prepare the people to receive the Lord Jesus (Mal 4:5 & Luke 1:17). So on the one hand he was not physically Elijah, but on the other hand he had the exact role as Elijah “to prepare the hearts to receive Christ when He comes.” This second aspect is clearly what Christ is referring when in Matt 11:1-15 He is answering first John the Baptist’s question, and then speaking to His disciples about the role of John the Baptist. The phrase “If you are willing to accept (Is what Jesus said, not that John was Ellijah), John himself is Elijah who was to come” has referral in the context to his role has the forerunner (Matt 11:10). In other words, for those that do accept Christ as the Messiah in His first coming, John fulfills the role of Elijah not that he is but fills the role “to restore the hearts of the people…etc”.
The second part. Since John dressed like Ellijah, his duties were the same as Ellijahs etc. it would not be an unusual question to ask. Because they asked it does not infer belief in reincarnation.
Likewise to say the next great ballplayer that comes along may be called the reincarnation of...... well take your pick but is not an inference in the belief of reincarnation.
Please do not use the Bible to further your personal beliefs or lack of.
My question was were there any people born 'with' the Holy Spirit before Jesus was born and do you think John was?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Has Happened To America? 4 min Pope PMS Che NBC I 187
Why Does Donald Trump Tell So Many Lies? 1 hr White Fangs 133
Russia banned from 2018 Winter Olympics 3 hr Obey rules 1
DC Scandal is about to blow wide open 3 hr Escondito 76
Today Is Pope Francis' 81st Birthday! 5 hr rowdy01 7
Fire Bob Mueller, Mueller Must Go, Trump Is Bos... 6 hr 404 not found 17
Trump, Give Our Country a Christmas Present...R... 6 hr People first 28

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages