Basketball Recruiting
EastSide

Jackson, OH

#1 Mar 1, 2014
How are we ever going to get any recruits in the future if we keep sending Greg Paulus out to do the recruiting. Dont buckeye basketball fans know who he really is. He is the single worst player in the history of Duke basketball. Only played two years for them. He got ran out of town by Duke fans. I cant believe any recruit would listen to anything this guy has to say. These recruits know. Guarantee it.
Pink Elephant

Blacklick, OH

#2 Mar 1, 2014
EastSide wrote:
How are we ever going to get any recruits in the future if we keep sending Greg Paulus out to do the recruiting. Dont buckeye basketball fans know who he really is. He is the single worst player in the history of Duke basketball. Only played two years for them. He got ran out of town by Duke fans. I cant believe any recruit would listen to anything this guy has to say. These recruits know. Guarantee it.
It's bassetball... who cares?
Enzyte Bob

Detroit, MI

#3 Mar 1, 2014
Pink Elephant wrote:
<quoted text>
It's bassetball... who cares?
Nhighgherball!
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#4 Mar 1, 2014
EastSide wrote:
In 1891 and physical education teacher was given 14 days to invent a sport that would "occupy" his physical education class during the long, cold New England Winters that would provide good cardiovascular training without too much physical contact and injuries. In the first two years after the invention of the game interest exploded and Kansas sought out Naismith to bring his new game to Kansas where the game grew and flourished. From Kansas basketball primarily went to areas of the immediate subordinates of Fog Allen, Naismith successor, namely Kentucky and the Carolinas.

Ohio doesn't have a long history with basketball like other areas of the country so I just don't see Ohio State doing well in recruiting long term however basketball does provide entertainment for sports fans during long winters which was its original design.
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#5 Mar 1, 2014
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Nhighgherball!
They were going to call it Naismith Ball but Naismith, a humble and devout Christian refused that name. Whites had basketball to themselves from 1891 to the 70's before Blacks were even allowed to play the game at the college level. The first Black players at Houston were in 1969 and most of the SEC schools integrated in the 1960's. However Blacks have dominated since they were permitted an opportunity to compete and all this without affirmative action but open competition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sean Hannity 14 min White Fangs 874
Bet Russia doesn't "OUT " their FBI counterpart... 26 min Just saying 1
NO lying about the Harry, Meghan Wedding 36 min Just saying 41
Are Whites A Minority In Columbus? 1 hr dhanna 9
Now it has a name: Crossfire Hurricane 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 187
News Columbus to pay $30,000 to man stomped by polic... 5 hr They cannot kill ... 19
News BrewDog opens watering hole in Franklinton Upda... 6 hr They cannot kill ... 2

Columbus Jobs

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages