Burger chain opens new-concept restau...

Burger chain opens new-concept restaurants in 3 sites | The Columbu...

There are 25 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Sep 10, 2010, titled Burger chain opens new-concept restaurants in 3 sites | The Columbu.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

This White Castle in Springfield, Ohio, has made room for another restaurant, Laughing Noodle, one of three new concepts being tested by the Columbus-based chain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Its Still a White Castle

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1 Sep 10, 2010
Lipstick and maybe pearls on a pig. One whiff and I'd know I was in a White Castle.
Not going there

Columbus, OH

#2 Sep 10, 2010
Disgusting.
slider lover

Dublin, OH

#3 Sep 10, 2010
I looooove sliders. So what's all this back-mouthing of the regular White Castle restaurants. I even like the look of the buildings.
Whats that on my plate

United States

#4 Sep 10, 2010
New concept?

To use real meat in the burgers...real fries...clean establishment...friendly

employees is a new idea? I guess when you're at the bottom of the fast

food food chain, these concepts sound new. Love them sometimes, but

when I eat there I spend a couple of days in the bathroom. At least I get

away from her.

Belly Bombers Away!
He be a crook

United States

#5 Sep 10, 2010
Installing bullet-proof glass & giving free stomach

pumps is a start. So are regular visits from the

City Health Inspector.

"Say Dan...what's that moving in your sandwich?"

What do you expect for 69 cents...quality?
Bob

Columbus, OH

#7 Sep 10, 2010
That Laughing Noodle concept may stick but I sure hope the name doesn't. Just saying it makes the hair on my neck stand up.
Foodie

Powell, OH

#8 Sep 10, 2010
Go White Castle!! Always been a White Castle fan since I was a little girl and my mom took me to the one on 5th Ave. in Grandview....the only place I could consume an entire burger! Didn't go much in recent years until my husband took me for a breakfast sandwich and coffee...and WOW, the sausage, egg (an actual real egg!), cheese on bun was killer! SO much better tasting than the "other" fast food joints! and, of course, White Castle is known for their great coffee. Also, in recent years I have learned that they have clam strips and they are really quite good. I am glad they are expanding and trying something different, I just hope they stay true to the reason they were successful in the first place. A great family run business!
Foodie

Powell, OH

#9 Sep 10, 2010
Its Still a White Castle wrote:
Lipstick and maybe pearls on a pig. One whiff and I'd know I was in a White Castle.
That smell that you refer to is onion: necter of the gods.
Dirk

Columbus, OH

#10 Sep 10, 2010
Foodie wrote:
Go White Castle!! Always been a White Castle fan since I was a little girl and my mom took me to the one on 5th Ave. in Grandview....the only place I could consume an entire burger! Didn't go much in recent years until my husband took me for a breakfast sandwich and coffee...and WOW, the sausage, egg (an actual real egg!), cheese on bun was killer! SO much better tasting than the "other" fast food joints! and, of course, White Castle is known for their great coffee. Also, in recent years I have learned that they have clam strips and they are really quite good. I am glad they are expanding and trying something different, I just hope they stay true to the reason they were successful in the first place. A great family run business!
my god I just threw up in my mouth reading this whole post, especially the part about "clam strips"
Mr know it all

Columbus, OH

#11 Sep 10, 2010
This story is making me hungry. I think I'll have about 10 sliders, onion rings, clam strips, and some cole slaw to go. Because trust me you dont want to be anywhere near me once I get past the second or third burger, unless your wearing a gas mask, lol.
John Blutarsky

Columbus, OH

#12 Sep 10, 2010
I eat form White Castle about every other year to remind myself why I only eat there about every other year.

The last time I was there they didn't have any of the Dusseldorf mustard. That's about the only really good thing they have.
Tea Farty

Columbus, OH

#13 Sep 10, 2010
Well, I'm not driving to Tennesee or Springfield.

Let me know when they try something in Columbus, and I'll go check it out.
Tea Farty

Columbus, OH

#14 Sep 10, 2010
John Blutarsky wrote:
I eat form White Castle about every other year to remind myself why I only eat there about every other year.
The last time I was there they didn't have any of the Dusseldorf mustard. That's about the only really good thing they have.
I thoght I read a couple years ago about a group who did a study of fast food meat and found that White Castle burgers had the highest quality burger meat of all the major chains. I guess they can afford it when the burger is only 1 oz.
Veteran from Columbus

Columbus, OH

#15 Sep 10, 2010
I think I am loving the idea...have to try it out when I come for a visit
Reasons

United States

#16 Sep 10, 2010
That study was done by a couple of KFC chickens so they wouldn't be eaten.
Tea Farty wrote:
<quoted text>
I thoght I read a couple years ago about a group who did a study of fast food meat and found that White Castle burgers had the highest quality burger meat of all the major chains. I guess they can afford it when the burger is only 1 oz.
see saw

United States

#17 Sep 10, 2010
You eat this crap & it'll be your last visit anywhere.
Veteran from Columbus wrote:
I think I am loving the idea...have to try it out when I come for a visit
Miss them Sliders

United States

#18 Sep 10, 2010
Ambiance? Should install this at the South High Street, Greenlawn Avenue location. Sorely needed in that area.

Wait, on second thoughts... waitress? I'm trying hard to visualize a waitress at that location. Sorry, I can't do it. It'll leave me with nightmares.
Nope

Columbus, OH

#19 Sep 10, 2010
Foodie wrote:
<quoted text>
That smell that you refer to is onion: necter of the gods.
No, I'm pretty certain it's grease, armpits and cigarette smoke.
meredith

Columbus, OH

#20 Sep 10, 2010
i tried the laughing noodle and it isn't good
Tea Farty

Columbus, OH

#21 Sep 10, 2010
meredith wrote:
i tried the laughing noodle and it isn't good
Once I tried lauging while eating noodles and a spaghetti went up my nose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 6,420
Porto Rico but not too suave. 1 hr cowboy heroes 1
Trump builds his political machine 1 hr Tattle Tale 2
$39 Million Settlement on Taurus Pistols; Nine ... 1 hr Tattle Tale 3
Poll Who Do You Support For President 2 hr Duke for Mayor 300
Muslims beat woman for wearing bikini French ou... 3 hr Duke for Mayor 67
Billionaires who say they give, so they can take! 4 hr Annie 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages