Russian girl survives awful first ado...

Russian girl survives awful first adoption to find love in a ne...

There are 58 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 26, 2010, titled Russian girl survives awful first adoption to find love in a ne.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Irina Palmer, 10, survived her experience with her first adoptive parents, Gary and Amy Thompson, but her adoptive brother, Liam, did not.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ShamWow

Columbus, OH

#2 Apr 26, 2010
It sounds like the Thompson need to spend a lot more time in jail. Children are not a bother, they are a blessing. God gives them to you as a gift. Sadly the Thompsons got a gift they destroyed. Irina, honey, spread your wings and fly. Grow to the highest heights you can reach. You are a blessing honey.
Neither gift nor blessing

Blacklick, OH

#3 Apr 26, 2010
Children are God's way of keeping people from enjoying sex too much. Fortunately mankind has been able to work around the penalty so we can focus on the reward.
Lolita Shih Tzu

Westerville, OH

#7 Apr 26, 2010
What a terrible crime! Burn a child to death? Those monsters should be executed! These lunatics should have never been allowed to share their miserable lives with children!. Never.
PC on the TEE

Leesburg, IN

#8 Apr 26, 2010
Lolita Shih Tzu wrote:
What a terrible crime! Burn a child to death? Those monsters should be executed! These lunatics should have never been allowed to share their miserable lives with children!. Never.
You are right! There is a hot corner in Hell reserved for this pair and all who kill innocent children... and, yes, that does include abortions.
Outraged

Columbus, OH

#9 Apr 26, 2010
I don't understand how they can only get a few years when they put a child in scalding hot water until he got 3rd degree burns then just laid him on a mattress until he died. These people are monsters and deserve the death penalty for what they have done and nothing less.
I was glad to hear that the girl has found a good home with loving him people.
timmy

Amlin, OH

#10 Apr 26, 2010
Don't you like American KIds ? You probably drive a foreign car too !
Randy

United States

#11 Apr 26, 2010
Why isn't Amy-Scumbag Thompson not in jail for life? I can only hope someone gives both of them a dose of prison justice.

Good luck Irina, sounds like you have a good family now who will care for, and love you..
Jeff

Mount Vernon, OH

#12 Apr 26, 2010
So sad. Put parents away forever. THey will just be worse when they get out. PEople who commit crimes like this will not be rehabilitated in jail, so put them away forever or do not be surprised when then commit similar crimes when they get out. WAKE UP AMERICA!
Paul

Kingsport, TN

#13 Apr 26, 2010
The Thompson's certainly deserve life in prison (w/o parole).

The Palmer's and their three daughters should be given a trip to Disney World. Good luck to the entire family and God bless.

“Fire in my Bones and”

Since: Apr 10

The sweet taste of Kerosene

#14 Apr 26, 2010
What a heart wrenching story. Poor little Liam, I can't imagine the pain and misery that baby went through that last week of his life......It is nice to hear that Irina has found a good, safe forever home.
Mimi

Columbus, OH

#15 Apr 26, 2010
I think the Thompsons got off easy and I'm glad this little girl has found a loving home!
wow

Columbus, OH

#16 Apr 26, 2010
Thanks for the nice story about the Palmers, who are the picture of love that most adoptive families are.
Screening of Parents

Columbus, OH

#17 Apr 26, 2010
Don't the ophanages and adoption agencies screen these murderers first?
Screening of Parents

Columbus, OH

#18 Apr 26, 2010
Jeff wrote:
So sad. Put parents away forever. THey will just be worse when they get out. PEople who commit crimes like this will not be rehabilitated in jail, so put them away forever or do not be surprised when then commit similar crimes when they get out. WAKE UP AMERICA!
Why not a death penalty, not 14 years in jail. They have rewarded baby killers.
rollingmyeyes

United States

#19 Apr 26, 2010
Screening of Parents wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not a death penalty, not 14 years in jail. They have rewarded baby killers.
I say a bath in scalding hot water and a nice rough mattress to lie on.
Randy

Newark, OH

#20 Apr 26, 2010
I sure do hope that prison justice is falling fast and hard on these people. I think that years of pain and misery is deserved for these two subhuman creatures.
Outraged

Frankfort, OH

#21 Apr 26, 2010
I cannot believe those creeps only got 14 & 15 years. Life would be too good for them. The horror is that they will likely be out before they turn 50. I hope they get what they truly deserve in prison and after.
Jeff

Westerville, OH

#22 Apr 26, 2010
The laws need to be changed. Any person who could do that to a helpless child or a person who knew it and didn't report it doesn't deserve to walk the streets again...ever. We have so much crime because our punishments don't deter people.
workingdadof7

Philo, OH

#24 Apr 26, 2010
timmy wrote:
Don't you like American KIds ? You probably drive a foreign car too !
Children are children and need love too.No matter if they are from another country or from here,they are special and need protected and loved.

“Fire in my Bones and”

Since: Apr 10

The sweet taste of Kerosene

#25 Apr 26, 2010
For everyone talking about life sentences and death penalty..... Lets hope "prison justice" does its job here....there is not really a farther rung down the ladder....Other prisoners tend to take care of baby killers....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leeann Tweeden v. Al Franken 38 min Mudd, James Mudd 89
MLS Will Loose But Columbus Will Wins 1 hr Soccer Schmoccer 1
BO Arrested for Treason 2 hr d pants 252
Roy Moore 3 hr Reality Speaks 41
Trump and Republicans Work against Working clas... 3 hr Reality Speaks 27
TESLA: Electric Truckerland 🚛 4 hr fat tired old and... 3
Creepy Joe Biden | Serial Young Girl-Toucher 4 hr fat tired old and... 5

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance