of 3
Next Last

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#50 Jan 7, 2013
Felix Dzerzhinsky Hiliard wrote:
<quoted text>
Karl and George Marx-a-Lot of Hilljackyard are fascists of the 1st order..... and they will kill you if you dare disagree.
You seem to still be drawing breath...
What a waste.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#52 Jan 7, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
On the swimsuits, I'm in total agreement.
On the courts, I disagree. I've posted this before, and I'll post it again. Please note that this started by a Muslim woman.
http://www.onelawforall.org.uk/about/
I have seen it. Suffice to say that not all Muslim women in Europe are on the same page. The key element of the alternative dispute resolution system (which includes the Sharia Courts) is that both parties must agree ahead of time to handle their dispute there.

Personally, I prefer to oppose violations of the rights of women (including violence against women) across the board, rather than selectively picking off Muslims as being the only violators.

With regard to manner of dress I have known both Christian and Muslim women in this country who have made choices regarding modesty in dress, up to and including head covering (haven't actually known anyone who wears a full burka). I recall a friend who was a teacher who had to deal with religious opposition to boys and girls swimming together in order to work with a school group planning an extra-curricular activity. Her students were Christians.

Personally, my days of desiring to wear a bikini are long gone (although I am also no "beached whale"), but I have never personally felt a need to adhere to full body coverage in order to be suitably modest. But I don't hold it against any who do make those kinds of choices.

Location hidden

#53 Jan 7, 2013
Westside Pride wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right Spook. It time we drew a line in the sand and said "hell no" to the fanatics who want to force our women to wear the large burlap bag they call a burqa.
Only problem is that first you would have to find them.

I don't deny that such exist in the world.

However, in realistic terms, who in America are you in fear of?

And while drawing your lines, might you consider drawing a line in the sand saying hell no to those who want to tell American women that they are not competent to make decisions with regard to legal medical procedures without such requirements as informing their husbands, waiting three days, receiving medically unnecessary ultrasounds and having the resulting pictures shoved in their faces?

Just askin'.

Location hidden

#54 Jan 7, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
It is fairly well known that honor killing is a tribal practice that has nothing to do with Sharia. Similar to female circumcision.
Haha--not to a good many who post on Topix it is not well known.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#56 Jan 7, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Your tax dollars live there.
I wrote a letter to Obama directing that all my tax dollars go to supporting Cadillac-driving welfare queens buying lobsters with food stamps, kinda like you can do with United Way so that you don't contribute to charities you don't agree with. So I can totally assure you NONE of MY tax dollars are going overseas.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#57 Jan 7, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote a letter to Obama directing that all my tax dollars go to supporting Cadillac-driving welfare queens buying lobsters with food stamps, kinda like you can do with United Way so that you don't contribute to charities you don't agree with. So I can totally assure you NONE of MY tax dollars are going overseas.
Kemo got klout!
Westside Pride

Springboro, OH

#58 Jan 8, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen it. Suffice to say that not all Muslim women in Europe are on the same page. The key element of the alternative dispute resolution system (which includes the Sharia Courts) is that both parties must agree ahead of time to handle their dispute there.
Personally, I prefer to oppose violations of the rights of women (including violence against women) across the board, rather than selectively picking off Muslims as being the only violators.
With regard to manner of dress I have known both Christian and Muslim women in this country who have made choices regarding modesty in dress, up to and including head covering (haven't actually known anyone who wears a full burka). I recall a friend who was a teacher who had to deal with religious opposition to boys and girls swimming together in order to work with a school group planning an extra-curricular activity. Her students were Christians.
Personally, my days of desiring to wear a bikini are long gone (although I am also no "beached whale"), but I have never personally felt a need to adhere to full body coverage in order to be suitably modest. But I don't hold it against any who do make those kinds of choices.
Personally, my days of desiring to wear a bikini are long gone

Good for us!
Westside Pride

Springboro, OH

#59 Jan 8, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Only problem is that first you would have to find them.
I don't deny that such exist in the world.
However, in realistic terms, who in America are you in fear of?
And while drawing your lines, might you consider drawing a line in the sand saying hell no to those who want to tell American women that they are not competent to make decisions with regard to legal medical procedures without such requirements as informing their husbands, waiting three days, receiving medically unnecessary ultrasounds and having the resulting pictures shoved in their faces?
Just askin'.
A bunch of Somalis just gotten deported back to Africa for terrorism!
Westside Pride

Springboro, OH

#60 Jan 8, 2013
Felix Dzerzhinsky Hiliard wrote:
<quoted text>
Karl and George Marx-a-Lot of Hilljackyard are fascists of the 1st order..... and they will kill you if you dare disagree.
Big Johnson why are you hiding Mr. Slime?

Location hidden

#61 Jan 8, 2013
Westside Pride wrote:
<quoted text>
A bunch of Somalis just gotten deported back to Africa for terrorism!
Yes, they were terrorists and were deported. That is how is is supposed to work.

Now, where are the folks who are working to deny American women their right to wear a bikini?

I see folks trying to stand between American women and birth control, abortion and sometimes equal pay for equal work. But I just don't see anyone trying to put in place a restrictive dress-code for life.
Git-R-Done

Arlington Heights, IL

#63 Jan 12, 2013
I speak for all men:

BRING BACK THONGS!!!

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#64 Jan 13, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
What sitting politician has said they desire to repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and ban all types of birth control?
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Mrs Cleaver

Dublin, OH

#66 Jan 13, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
Had Santorum gotten very far, then you could have been worried. As it was, he was supported by a certain group but only a certain group. In no way should his thinking be construed as the thinking of all "on the right".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scammer 1 hr Window worker 6
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 4 hr Pale Rider 4,839
Eric Garner died over cigarette tax enforcement. 4 hr TonyD2 81
Rod Parsley says ministry threatened by lack of... (Dec '09) 5 hr Chris 760
COPS lives MATTER 5 hr They cannot kill ... 48
Should Suspected Pedophiles be Tortured? 6 hr yeah they are 14
Hand outs 6 hr White cop 10
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 10 hr Reality Speaks 312
Columbus Dating
Find my Match