Liberal fashion designers ditch bikini for pre-burka one piece

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pam

Plain City, OH

#1 Jan 5, 2013
Katherine Power, celebrity style expert and co-founder of the fashion website Who What Wear feels strongly that celebrities are leading the trend. "Over the summer, Beyonce was spotted in a classic one-piece with a small attached skirt, which is great for those who prefer more coverage," Power tells Yahoo! Shine. "If you are looking for a more alluring way to wear the one-piece, take notes from Rihanna who wore one in December with side cut-outs and a deep v-neck."

Colleen Sherin, the senior fashion director at Saks Fifth Avenue, agrees that celebrities are making younger, trendier girls take interest. "As you see celebrities and fashion icons embracing one-pieces certainly that has an influence on a younger demographic," Sherin tells Yahoo! Shine. That said, Sherin feels these bathing suits are appropriate for all body types and ages, "from kids to women in their '80s." Power concurs, adding that "just like any other accessory or piece of clothing, swimsuits are a way for women to express their personal style. One-pieces are versatile, flattering, and can sometimes be sexier than showing more skin in a bikini." A flattering style for one and all? That's what we like to hear.

Sherin says fresh silhouettes and designs are also responsible for the market shift. "Designers are getting more innovative in one-piece design." says Sherin. "It doesn't have to be super sporty and active and covered up. Some one-pieces offer a more plunging neckline or halter neckline that can still be sexy." Skin-revealing cutouts, which have been a trendy fashion element in recent seasons, also translate well to swimsuits. Cutout details at the waist and back are a happy medium between bikinis and full coverage swimwear.
Pam

Plain City, OH

#2 Jan 5, 2013
Muslims are on the war path and liberals / progressives can't submit fast enough to the growing power of Islam. At this rate there will be no need for a holy war as the liberals have already decided that they would "rather switch than fight."
Bubba Says

Perrysburg, OH

#3 Jan 5, 2013
Show the photos. They are still very sexy swimsuits and besides which, if you are a female you would be used to mixing things up a bit - without it meaning a Muslim takeover. Sheeeeeesh.
Bubba Says

Perrysburg, OH

#4 Jan 5, 2013
You get the award for stretch thread of the month, and it's only the 5th. Congratulations!
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#5 Jan 6, 2013
If you and your sisters would lay off the doughnuts and moon pies Pam, the fashion designers might use a little less fabric this year.

woof
Westside Pride

Springboro, OH

#6 Jan 6, 2013
Bubba Says wrote:
Show the photos. They are still very sexy swimsuits and besides which, if you are a female you would be used to mixing things up a bit - without it meaning a Muslim takeover. Sheeeeeesh.
Grow a pair Bubba!

Muslims got pork banned in all Ohio Prisons, some colleges are building foot washing stalls for Muslims on the tax payer dime and we need to back our women before Muslims are raping those that refuse to wear burkas.

9/11 was just the beginning of the Muslim goal of world wide Sharia Law and Columbus is rapidly falling into Muslim control, they are driving better vehicles and living in better homes than 90% of the working people on the west side of town.
drifter grifter

Washington, DC

#8 Jan 6, 2013
all dat muslem stuff is great for us bruthas... treat da beeches like the stay dogs dey r, poke em, get em da swollen bellie and kick em to da kerb an move on to da necks 1. its even ok wit dem to do da yung ones, fillin da middle skools wit puffed up bellies, even white ones

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#9 Jan 6, 2013
All the beached whales need more coverage, no one wants to see all that floppy skin.

Skinny ones can stay in tiny bikinis
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#10 Jan 6, 2013
Westside Pride wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow a pair Bubba!
Muslims got pork banned in all Ohio Prisons, some colleges are building foot washing stalls for Muslims on the tax payer dime and we need to back our women before Muslims are raping those that refuse to wear burkas.
9/11 was just the beginning of the Muslim goal of world wide Sharia Law and Columbus is rapidly falling into Muslim control, they are driving better vehicles and living in better homes than 90% of the working people on the west side of town.
I normally don't buy into the hysteria that others point out, but in this case this is pure hysteria. I saw those swimsuits, too. Do you understand that cleavage is pouring out and the sides are cut out on some of them? What about the fat women who have always had to wear one pieces? Would you dare suggest that they are doing it to side with Muslims? As a woman, the idea that you can choose the type of swimsuit which flatters your body the best is appealing to me. I work with someone who wears vintage clothing because she's attracted to the style. She's a Christian and not a fundamental one, either.

I would suggest that if you are becoming alarmed, you probably don't follow fashion and its trends.
Religion Of Meece

Columbus, OH

#11 Jan 6, 2013
Wait what wrote:
I would suggest that if you are becoming alarmed, you probably don't follow fashion and its trends.
I suggest you go live with your friends in Mecca.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#12 Jan 6, 2013
Religion Of Meece wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you go live with your friends in Mecca.
Riiight. All those women who have stretch marks from bearing Christian children, off with your heads for wanting a cute, sexy, one piece swimsuit.
Pam

Plain City, OH

#13 Jan 6, 2013
Westside Pride wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow a pair Bubba!
Thanks Westside. I "hard" man is "good" to find. Our freedoms depend on men like you who are not afraid of those in towels, robes and turbans.
Pam

Plain City, OH

#14 Jan 6, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
All the beached whales need more coverage, no one wants to see all that floppy skin.
Skinny ones can stay in tiny bikinis
Women should have the right to choose what to wear, be they "beached whales" as you say or "skinny".

Don't take away my right to choose.
Pam

Plain City, OH

#15 Jan 6, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
If you and your sisters would lay off the doughnuts and moon pies Pam, the fashion designers might use a little less fabric this year.
woof
Its not a matter of eating doughnuts and moon pies but of freedom of choice.

Pam

Plain City, OH

#16 Jan 6, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
woof
You are clueless. Woof!
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#17 Jan 6, 2013
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
Women should have the right to choose what to wear, be they "beached whales" as you say or "skinny".
Don't take away my right to choose.
Your right to choose, if you are indeed female, includes the choice of a one piece swimsuit versus a bikini - and bikinis, to my knowledge, have not been outlawed. Have you never heard the phrase, "Pick your battles carefully"? How about the purses or shoes which are retro? Do they alarm you as well?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#18 Jan 6, 2013
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
NO ONE HAS TOLD YOU YOU COULD ONLY WEAR A ONE PIECE SWIMSUIT. WTH are you talking about, freedom of choice? Go to a store, go online - you have freedom of choice in choosing a swimsuit.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#19 Jan 6, 2013
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless you.
Spookishere F trolls

Toledo, OH

#20 Jan 6, 2013
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
If this country keeps going it will not be one piece swim wear it will be one large burlap bag. Time for an open season on lunatic muzzies just like the 4 legged vermin.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#21 Jan 6, 2013
Spookishere F trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
If this country keeps going it will not be one piece swim wear it will be one large burlap bag. Time for an open season on lunatic muzzies just like the 4 legged vermin.
I will lead the fight with you when the crap hits the fan.My freind brought his 50 cal desert eagle over the other day.Jesus christ,what a gun!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Pale Rider 3,556
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 3 hr Old Timer 960
Dear Duke (Got a problem, I've got your solution) 5 hr d pantz 90
Marion Woman Sentenced To 5 Years For Taking Sh... 5 hr They cannot kill ... 1
Armed Contractor on Elevator with President 5 hr -The-Artist- 57
Carolyn Bruck, channel 6 (Jan '12) 5 hr They cannot kill ... 317
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 6 hr ino 31,495
Two fish were swimming upstream.... 12 hr Duke for Mayor 385

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search