Ohio State police officer charged wit...

Ohio State police officer charged with abusing 6-year-old | The Col...

There are 118 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 9, 2010, titled Ohio State police officer charged with abusing 6-year-old | The Col.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

An Ohio State University police officer has been charged with sexually molesting a 6-year-old girl in Fairfield County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

nec

Columbus, OH

#25 Jun 9, 2010
sick and depraved-give him the max and then let him get some unwanted sexual attention and I hear molesters usually get more than they bargained for while incarcerated and deservedly so!! Still too many of them out on the streets preying on the weak and innocent.
I know

Cleveland, OH

#26 Jun 9, 2010
This reject was fired by Fairfield County for taking an underage girl to a drinking party and then leaving her at a convenience store drunk and sick. A real loser. Why didn't OSU do a background check on this dbag?
pow

Plymouth, MN

#27 Jun 9, 2010
Should these allegations be true, I feel for the little girl. HOWEVER, I need someone to explain why a campus police officer is making $71,000 a year.
Dick

United States

#28 Jun 9, 2010
Don't worry he will just get a slap on the hand. You know cops stick together and cover for each other. Along with Judges and politicans.
Kyle Nowak

Greenville, SC

#29 Jun 9, 2010
Seriously,..have you seen what Ohio State police officers do?$71,000 is a joke, put their life on the line? Get F'in real. Real police officers, CPD officers working the East Side, South Side, ones who DO put their lives on the line, don't come close to touching that salary.

This guy is a real piece of crap. Throw the book at him and let the general population have at them. I'll be paying my undergrad school loans off till I'm 35 and no wonder why,...the university pays child molesting fat a$$es $71,000 a year.
Tim

Dandridge, TN

#30 Jun 9, 2010
Hang this a**hole!

“Time traveler”

Since: Apr 10

At large

#31 Jun 9, 2010
dave wrote:
How about you fools wait till he`s judged guilty before you convict him. Have you ever heard a 6 year old make something up? He was a K-9 officer and a good cop. Hope its not true, but if it is he`ll do time. Phalin has a hard on for former Demastry Deputies. He believes guilt by association.
So if he was such a good cop, why was he already under suspension??
Long Jon

United States

#32 Jun 9, 2010
Molestation of a child, is a horrible thing and should be punished with extreme prejudice, if guilty. What Randy Ludlow did not "report", is that
Henthorn is in a custody battle with his wife, and
it appears she may be using this allegation to muddy the waters, so to speak. Have seen this happen before. Wife accuse husband of molesting child, to win points with judge, or get something
she wants.
Foodboy

Westerville, OH

#33 Jun 9, 2010
This sick moron only faces 1 -5 ??????
WTF He should be hung just like the other sickos.. That's ok he will get his IF he gets convicted.
bobo

Reynoldsburg, OH

#34 Jun 9, 2010
all police are sex offender in my book, i have no respect for any law enforcement officer whatso ever!!!!!
Tell the Truth

Columbus, OH

#36 Jun 9, 2010
If he did it put him in the slammer and let the cons have at him.

What the hell is a 10 year campus cop doing making $71k a year with outlandish benefits? Damn, I should have been a campus cop.
ya ya sis boom ba

Lancaster, OH

#37 Jun 9, 2010
How about you dick wads wait and get the WHOLE story before you start accusing??? Stupid TROLLS!
Roger

Canton, OH

#38 Jun 9, 2010
Innocent until PROVEN guilty remember that!

“Time traveler”

Since: Apr 10

At large

#41 Jun 9, 2010
Long Jon wrote:
Molestation of a child, is a horrible thing and should be punished with extreme prejudice, if guilty. What Randy Ludlow did not "report", is that
Henthorn is in a custody battle with his wife, and
it appears she may be using this allegation to muddy the waters, so to speak. Have seen this happen before. Wife accuse husband of molesting child, to win points with judge, or get something
she wants.
Now this paint a whole different picture. If his wife is making this up she should be sent to jail for just as long as he would have been if he had been guilty.
Roger

Canton, OH

#42 Jun 9, 2010
bobo wrote:
all police are sex offender in my book, i have no respect for any law enforcement officer whatso ever!!!!!
So dont call them when you need help, and some time in the future you will.
Tell the Truth

Columbus, OH

#43 Jun 9, 2010
Grow Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Law enforcement officers put their lives on the line every time they go on duty. They deserve to be well paid.
Yes, the possibility is always there for injury or harm for the officers on the street. Same for firemen. The fact they exist to protect the citizens puts them in a special light. However, there are many other professions where the incidences(sp?) of injury and death are highter. I worked construction for 25 years. More deaths than cops or firemen. It's just that the poor guys are just trying to earn a living for supporting their families so they are not in the public eye. But the guys are decent men busting their humps to earn a living. And these accidents happen even with company and union safety training. It's just that construction often is dangerous by nature. There are many other professions riskier (per statistics) than being a police officer, let alone a campus cop. Miners, oil rig workers,(previously mentioned) dock workers, et al. Hell, campus cop is just two steps above mall cop. OSU and Gordon Gee spending is way out of control! Pity the ones who have to pay their own way for a college education since they aren't athletes, minorities, or have the top SAT scores. Feel bad for those students and their families (and the taxpayers).
John

Delaware, OH

#46 Jun 9, 2010
71000 isn't all that different from what CPD officers make. OSU isn't restricted to campus while policing, they also do joint patrols in the most crime ridden precinct in Columbus, and have been shot at off campus assisting CPD. There is a reason that cops and firefighters make a moderate living, its an extremely hazardous job. Most are lucky to make it into retirement in one piece physically and mentally. What should tick you off more is that paper pushers who's greatest hazard is a paper cut or a jammed printer often make double a cops salary doing jack crap. A negative cop story, and the masses of idiots and jealous men come out of the woodwork. Predictable.
Dot Dot Dot

Columbus, OH

#47 Jun 9, 2010
For all you idiots that jump to conclusions....maybe you should try to find out the real reason before jumping to conclusions. Hows this for a theory...maybe its an ex-wife after him and making stories up. Young children are easy to manipulate unfortunately, but I will leave the investigation up to the courts as Phalen does have a hard on for officers from the Demastry era.

As for money, you have obviously failed to go any further then this story as CPD, Upper Ar and all other departments in the Columbus area make roughly the same amount.
DrunkCopNoProble m

Fremont, OH

#48 Jun 9, 2010
Grow Up wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. Anytime a police officer goes on duty there is a chance that they are going to deal with someone who is armed, nuts or both.
Everytime any of us leave the house there is a chance we will have to deal with someone who is armed, nuts or both. Sometimes we don't even have to leave the house. Ever hear of home invasions?

I'm tired of cops telling us they deserve so much because of what they have to put up with. Last I heard they weren't drafted into law enforcement, but joined of their own free will.
HSOK

Springfield, OH

#49 Jun 9, 2010
Oh my God another police officer dam this is back to back they are off the chain . Take the badges its a mental problem they think cause they have it they are above the law . He's 35 and this dog molested a 6 yr. old girl , the bottom line {KILL HIM}

punishable by 1/5 years in prison ,{KILL HIM}, he'll do it again these sick prevents get off on messing with a little girls .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don't trust Google... 5 min Slim Pickens 50
Are Democrats actually Communists? 9 min Male 5
Judge Dana S. Preisse is Unfair (Dec '10) 27 min Pee Bee and Jay 21
why is chelsea clinton so ugly? (Apr '14) 1 hr anonymous 76
Wasserman Schultz fired-Hillary Campaign Hires her 2 hr Vote for Jill Stein 5
Hillary Clinton Verses Donald Trump 2 hr Vote for Jill Stein 20
Hillary for POTUS 3 hr Zeeba 5
Gasp! Emails.....created crisis 5 hr BizzyBee 27

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web