|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
John Schnatter CEO of Papa John's is getting slammed from all sides. Do you suppose, it is because he supported the loser Mitt Romney? Or was it because he is whining about the small cost to the company for Obamacare. John Schnatter has said he will increase the price of a Pizza, lay off some people. The increase is from 11 to 14 cents. But in truth the cost is less than a nickel. John Schnatter is using Obamacare as an excuse to line his pockets. Why are so many Republicans so dam GREEDY. He is worth an estimated $600,000,000.00, owns a 44000 square f00t , home, with 22 car garage. Is he like the farmer, I don't want to own the whole world, just the land that joins me. CEOs using Obamacare to lay off employees, and behind that is GREED by the rich to shaft more people. If Obamacare cost a nickel, charge 15 cents and pass it on to the consumer.
The left loved Papa John when they quit advertising on EIB.

Now they hate him because he won't eat the cost of Obamacare.

Do you idiots honestly expect highly successful businessmen to not do whatever it takes to make the company as profitable as possible for the shareholders?

You do realize that your public union pensions may be invested in Papa Johns and other companies affected by ACA regulations.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>And just how is a news thread supposed to be started, Sterling?
BTW, for a gloating Obamabot who claimed he was leaving, you sure have ramped up your presence here. Can't rouse your wife?
Learn to think outside the box, George, people start threads all the time without C&P.

Once again (how many times is this, at least 15) you need reading comprehension lessons. I said I was cutting back, not leaving. If I think my post has something to add, I'll do it. You have no idea how many things I skip over either because it's not interesting (like 99% of your spew) or someone else has already said it, usually better. And besides, I had some loose ends to tie up.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Karl wrote:
<quoted text>
Marxist filth.
When the producers bail on this nation and it burns, we will make sure none of the Santa Claus Brigade are left around.
The USSR fell in 1991, get with the f*cking program.
Yeah, and when did the Confederacy fall? I don't hear you reminding the modern day secessionists how silly they look?

But the break-up of the Soviet Union is hardly pertinent here.

Frankly, as a customer, I have very little problem paying an extra $.15 per pie to know that I am purchasing from an employer who recognizes legal and moral responsibilities to employees.

But I just don't care for snakey, sneaky ways to get around laws that only end up making things tougher for a class of workers who are already at the bottom of the pile. When Papa Johns decides that all their exec will be going part-time and giving up their health coverage, then that will be a story.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Oliver wrote:
<quoted text>
You are feeding the trolls. Stop.
Wait--I thought Karl was the troll.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and when did the Confederacy fall? I don't hear you reminding the modern day secessionists how silly they look?
The collapse of an empire because they ran out of "other people's money" is CERTAINLY relevant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The collapse of an empire because they ran out of "other people's money" is CERTAINLY relevant.
Do you ever wonder if reducing everything to a cute sound-byte is the best way to study and learn from history?
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Another liberal with a math problem.
He said that his costs could increase UP TO FIFTEEN PERCENT, NOT FIFTEEN CENTS.
15 percent cost increase is rather significant ... except to lefties.
That $3.70 single at Wendy's becomes $4.25 with a 15% increase.
And I can tell you what happens - I buy less $4.25 Wendy's singles. I don't give a damn about their health care.
Thank you for setting those liberal idiots straight once and for all.

"That's because CEO John Schnatter says thanks to Obamacare he now has to provide his employees with health coverage and he'll be charging YOU, the middle-class customer, 11 to 14 cents more for your pizza and reduce the working hours of his employees."
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

I don't have a problem with people making money. But when they use something they disagree with for gain, I do have a problem.

Let's say ObamaCare cost a company 3.5 cents for every Pizza the company makes. Millions upon millions being made. Now they use ObamaCare to raise the price 11 cents, maybe 15 cents. Do you see my point as to why I started this discussion? That is plain old GREED. How many companies are going to gouge the hell out of everyone, using ObamaCare as their excuse to raise prices?

I

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
I don't have a problem with people making money. But when they use something they disagree with for gain, I do have a problem.
Let's say ObamaCare cost a company 3.5 cents for every Pizza the company makes. Millions upon millions being made. Now they use ObamaCare to raise the price 11 cents, maybe 15 cents. Do you see my point as to why I started this discussion? That is plain old GREED. How many companies are going to gouge the hell out of everyone, using ObamaCare as their excuse to raise prices?
I
How many times must you be told? Don't like his mindset? Don't buy his products. That's the reason I haven't bought an "American" car since 1994.

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever wonder if reducing everything to a cute sound-byte is the best way to study and learn from history?
As opposed to what, repeating it?

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
Let's say ObamaCare cost a company 3.5 cents for every Pizza the company makes. Millions upon millions being made. Now they use ObamaCare to raise the price 11 cents, maybe 15 cents. Do you see my point as to why I started this discussion? That is plain old GREED.
And demanding something from someone else, with no remuneration of any kind isn't?
Personally, I'd rather have seen him reduce wages enough to cover the cost. And every other business do the same thing. That would teach you fux!
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Atlas wrote:
<quoted text>
How about if Papa John pulls the plug and walks away with his $600 million? I think he could live comfortably on the interest alone and never make another pizza.
He should do that. Maybe Herman Cain would buy. If I had $600M, I would do exactly what you said. No matter how much one has, they always want a little more.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
And demanding something from someone else, with no remuneration of any kind isn't?
Personally, I'd rather have seen him reduce wages enough to cover the cost. And every other business do the same thing. That would teach you fux!
With your mindset? Isn't that why union's came about? The owner wants all of the gravy for themselves. Pigs.
Wait what

Waterville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly, as a customer, I have very little problem paying an extra $.15 per pie to know that I am purchasing from an employer who recognizes legal and moral responsibilities to employees.
But I just don't care for snakey, sneaky ways to get around laws that only end up making things tougher for a class of workers who are already at the bottom of the pile. When Papa Johns decides that all their exec will be going part-time and giving up their health coverage, then that will be a story.
You voted for a man who will raise our health insurance costs far more than a .15 increase on a piece of pie could possibly cover. Moreover, his health reform allows employers to do this. You think the White House didn't know?
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

ObamaCare TOO HIGH! Baloney!

Remember when everyone was saying, we can't afford this Obama crusade of ObamaCare? We just can't, it is just too high. We should have known, that people would use that excuse. Something that might cost 3 cents, they are going to screw people triple the amount or more. Now we know why ObamaCare is too high. Could this be a bunch of GREEDY Republicans, again screwing away for more money? No wonder they lost the election.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
With your mindset? Isn't that why union's came about? The owner wants all of the gravy for themselves. Pigs.
Owners take all the risk. God forbid they reap the rewards.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Pale Rider wrote:
Remember when everyone was saying, we can't afford this Obama crusade of ObamaCare? We just can't, it is just too high. We should have known, that people would use that excuse. Something that might cost 3 cents, they are going to screw people triple the amount or more. Now we know why ObamaCare is too high. Could this be a bunch of GREEDY Republicans, again screwing away for more money? No wonder they lost the election.
Do you know what a Pyrrhic Victory is? That's what you won last Tuesday.
Enzyte Bob

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
If the cost was too high, Darden (what a dumb name - should have stayed with General Mills) wouldn't be flirting with cutting people to under 30 hours a week.
Enzyte Bob

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

^^^wasn't

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>Owners take all the risk. God forbid they reap the rewards.
That's right. The Left will not be content until it destroys all incentive to build business in the USA.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of403
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••