Leftists Don't Want Kids Protected By Armed Guards, BUT...

Posted in the Columbus Forum

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#1 Jan 2, 2013
A New York state newspaper is taking drastic steps to protect its staff after it enraged gun owners in two counties.

The Journal News, a Gannett-owned newspaper in Westchester, N.Y., published a map showing the names and addresses of licensed gun owners in Westchester and Rockland counties.

The Journal News tried to do the same for Putnam County, but the newspaper's request for records was denied because of the outrage the map had already caused in Westchester County.

That outrage was so intense the newspaper resorted to hiring armed security guards to man its headquarters after receiving multiple threats, The Rockland Country Times reported Tuesday.

The threats were reportedly so concerning, Journal News Rockland Editor Caryn McBride filed at least two reports with local police.

One reader decided to use a different tactic to express his anger at the newspaper.

After the map was published, incensed reader Christopher Fountain used his blog to release the name, home address, and phone number of the paper's publisher, editor, and the reporters behind the map.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-journal-ne...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#2 Jan 2, 2013
Kinda makes the leftist's point for them, George.

woof

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#3 Jan 2, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
Kinda makes the leftist's point for them, George.
woof
Yeah, that they're hypocrites. Just like David Gregory. His kids go to Sidwell Friends, which employs eleven armed security personnel as well as having a Secret Service presence. But he sure argues against the same provisions for the masses.
VADoc

Aiken, SC

#4 Jan 2, 2013
I wonder if any true anti-gun advocate would ever sign a form giving up their 2nd amendment rights? I mean if they truly don't believe in them they why not sign a form pledging you don't ever want to own a gun?

Also I find it extremely hypocritical that the anti gun crowd is so against armed guards in schools and those having guns, but they don't mind the same for their children or their offices. What are they so afraid of?
Spookishere F trolls

Detroit, MI

#5 Jan 2, 2013
VADoc wrote:
I wonder if any true anti-gun advocate would ever sign a form giving up their 2nd amendment rights? I mean if they truly don't believe in them they why not sign a form pledging you don't ever want to own a gun?
Also I find it extremely hypocritical that the anti gun crowd is so against armed guards in schools and those having guns, but they don't mind the same for their children or their offices. What are they so afraid of?
That eventually they will sh|t in the wrong bowl of Wheaties and the owner of said metaphorical Wheaties will force feed it back too them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 6 min just sayin 4,936
Spears from South Side 1 hr thats my unk 6
Where has Rowdy been? 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2
A one-horse open carriage 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Black on black and scarcely a peep. 3 hr They cannot kill ... 4
Dead boy's mom urges Columbus marchers on 5 hr now hey 12
4 cheetah cubs from 2 moms share first playtime... 5 hr Duke for Mayor 6
COPS lives MATTER 9 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 199
Columbus Dating
Find my Match