Fly me to L.A.

Aug 19, 2013 Full story: The Columbus Dispatch 6

Delta and American airlines are set to add daily flights to the City of Angels, starting tomorrow at 7:35 a.m. This is when a Delta Boeing 737-800 is scheduled to depart Port Columbus for LAX airport in Los Angeles.

Read more
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1 Aug 21, 2013
Is LA that popular of a destination that we went from zero flights to whatever they're adding? Not being a smart alek, just curious. I don't see a lot of business connections between here and there, and I don't think LA is a big connecting city.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#2 Aug 21, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
Is LA that popular of a destination that we went from zero flights to whatever they're adding? Not being a smart alek, just curious. I don't see a lot of business connections between here and there, and I don't think LA is a big connecting city.
Maybe its cheaper to fly into LA and drive to here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Castro,_San_...

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#3 Aug 21, 2013
Lots of people don't realize that under their feet in the holds of passenger airliners, there's more than suitcases, backpacks and duffel bags. There's cargo...a lot of it on many flights...ranging from mail to dry chemicals to restaurant deliveries. That may account for the extra demand.

Since: Dec 11

Middletown, OH

#4 Aug 21, 2013
It's a status thing. We can boast that we have flights going out there where all the really cool people are..............
Walt

Lower Salem, OH

#5 Aug 21, 2013
WE?? WE can boast?? WHO's WE George you mental case! LOL
whistle

Independence, KY

#6 Aug 22, 2013
Tough to follow? We would mean "The City", "The Chamber of Commerce", "The prideful city planners", "Proud do gooder civic minded citizens", "Anyone in the area who thought it a feather in the cap of the city,state,town,locality,prope rty owner,used car saleman, hookers".....Those we?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America a Christian Nation? You Betcha. (Jun '14) 55 min Insomniac 51
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Pale Rider 6,023
Chick-Fil-A Heckler CFO Unemployed, on Food Sta... 2 hr GlitterSucks 1
What Really Happened to Harry Reid? 2 hr GlitterSucks 1
Poll Do Black Lives Matter? 6 hr Linda 34
Jesus Christ King of Kings Lord of Lord's 6 hr Linda 28
Pround Mom of 3 flaunts stretch marks 6 hr Linda 7
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web