“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#124 Jan 31, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You are patently incorrect Tip.
Customers' desires and choices determine whether or not a company will stay in business and how many people they employ.
A profitable grocery store wishing to remain in business that finds its automatic checkouts either un, or underutilized will eventually hire more cashiers and baggers.
woof
And customers' desires trend with time-saving, technological advances.
Else we would all be using coal stoves.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#125 Jan 31, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You derisively claimed that I am a "progressive".
I guess your memory is faltering.
woof
You take it as an insult?
How amusing.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#126 Jan 31, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
That is really one of the most ridiculous statements you have ever posted.
woof
Really?
Do you suppose the coal stove manufacturers/installers adapted to electric and natural gas stoves....or opted to go bust?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#127 Jan 31, 2014
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed...let's outlaw the automobile so that we may provide employment for blacksmiths and stable boys.
Outlaw passenger aircraft and you'll revive low end jobs in the railroad and steam ship lines.
Outlaw the internet and we'll bring back tens of thousands of jobs delivering newspapers.
So...progressive.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#128 Jan 31, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You take it as an insult?
How amusing.
You meant it as an insult.

How childish.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#129 Jan 31, 2014
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed...let's outlaw the automobile so that we may provide employment for blacksmiths and stable boys.
Outlaw passenger aircraft and you'll revive low end jobs in the railroad and steam ship lines.
Outlaw the internet and we'll bring back tens of thousands of jobs delivering newspapers.
What do any one of those things have to do with my preference for providing jobs for young mothers, fathers, and teenagers at local grocery stores and banks?

Clearly, I use the internet, and cars.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#130 Jan 31, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
And customers' desires trend with time-saving, technological advances.
Else we would all be using coal stoves.
I don't care for coal. too dirty.

Wood is great though...very cheap. Save yourself thousands of dollars.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#131 Jan 31, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Do you suppose the coal stove manufacturers/installers adapted to electric and natural gas stoves....or opted to go bust?
You are not too bright are you?

https://www.lehmans.com/t-vos.aspx...

woof

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#132 Jan 31, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You meant it as an insult.
How childish.
woof
So...you ARE or AREN'T insulted by it?
I have to admit...your positions aren't progressive in the least.
Therefore, I must've been incorrect to label you as such.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#133 Jan 31, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not too bright are you?
https://www.lehmans.com/t-vos.aspx...
woof
And I'm sure a few folks out there still have their Commodore 64.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#134 Jan 31, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
So...you ARE or AREN'T insulted by it?
I have to admit...your positions aren't progressive in the least.
Therefore, I must've been incorrect to label you as such.
Isn't that interesting?

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#135 Jan 31, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm sure a few folks out there still have their Commodore 64.


And what if they do?

You're jealous that they heat their home for the cost of their labor, while you spend 300 to 500 a month, huh?

woof

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#136 Jan 31, 2014
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>What's really cool is that economists have actually used Mc Donald's as a way to measure purchasing power. As you can see from this data, http://www.economist.com/content/big-mac-inde... countries with higher wages seem not to have similarly inflated prices.

In the case of the UK (with a minimum wage equivalent to $10.40) Big Mac meals are actually cheaper than in the states, even with higher labor costs and taxes.

It seems like the free market is pretty good at driving prices down, even when costs shift.
That's too many facts, you know that won't sit well with the chicken little's...

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#137 Jan 31, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
And what if they do?
You're jealous that they heat their home for the cost of their labor, while you spend 300 to 500 a month, huh?
woof
I suppose a Commodore 64 would put off a lot of heat compared to today's models, but not enough to heat your home, dawg.

LOL.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#138 Jan 31, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose a Commodore 64 would put off a lot of heat compared to today's models, but not enough to heat your home, dawg.
LOL.
Have you ever heard of a maul?

woof

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#139 Jan 31, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard of a maul?
woof
If you're saying one should be applied to the Commodore 64, I agree.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#140 Jan 31, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony, that was the original idea of unions. To make safe working conditions, negotiate contracts, etc.
Of course today, as we all well know, they have bled union members of high membership fees,which in turn, the union spends it on politically motivated ads, plus asking outrageous wages from employers, and healthcare benefits.
One day, most unions, as we know them, will go by the way of the dodo bird.
As far as ethics....a lot of people don't have the same work ethic today as yesteryear!
Mostly they protect the mediocre and the barely competent... Good workers don't need them anymore.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#141 Jan 31, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You are patently incorrect Tip.
Customers' desires and choices determine whether or not a company will stay in business and how many people they employ.
A profitable grocery store wishing to remain in business that finds its automatic checkouts either un, or underutilized will eventually hire more cashiers and baggers.
woof
And adjust their prices accordingly.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#142 Jan 31, 2014
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed...let's outlaw the automobile so that we may provide employment for blacksmiths and stable boys.
Outlaw passenger aircraft and you'll revive low end jobs in the railroad and steam ship lines.
Outlaw the internet and we'll bring back tens of thousands of jobs delivering newspapers.
And Republicans are accused of pining for the "good ole days".
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#143 Jan 31, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
And Republicans are accused of pining for the "good ole days".
Funny huh?

And notice that all I said was that I choose to not use machine that put people out of work, yet Paco's response suddenly talks of making things illegal?

Crazy conservatives.

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert Mueller Investigating Donald Trump 23 min El Kabong 467
Burn in Hell White Pigs, Go Fight Real Crime, N... 25 min the hotep 72
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! 45 min Male 925
Why are Trump's Kids so ugly? 1 hr Mud, James Mud 13
O J is free on parole, Goldmans still bitter 2 hr Reality 2
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) 2 hr Gidae 257
older women needing spanked? 3 hr o_o-Ho0t-o_o 62

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages