of 3
Next Last

“Baby, it's cold outside! ”

Since: Apr 10

BLOCKHEADS!

#41 Nov 26, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Some are usa but there is plenty made in china. About anything not off the truck but sold.at Cosco or Sam's club is chink shit with the snap on name. Kobalt a lowes name is supposedly relabled Williams tools but Williams is still us made and Kobalt wrenches screw.drivers etc are china. Banco used to be Sandvik which was Sweden and German made top grade files and cutting tools and a few pliers. Now that they are in with Snap on it is about.50 50 as to chinky crap or.quality.
I sonetimes buy harbor freight wrenches if I am leaving them at a well or cutting them and making them custom shaped. But I am not paying snap on, Mac, Matco tool truck prices either.
What pisses me off is when companies like.cresent and Irwin ( visegrip) have things made in china and don't reduce the price.
Thanks for the info. It's a crime to have so many products made else where. It's really hard to find American made products anymore and what is sad is the quality is less than, and prices are more than!
It's worth to buy good quality in anything,if you can find the American made products.
I imagine you always need tools for maitinence and that takes up a good portion of your budget.

BLOCKHEADS!

#42 Nov 26, 2013
sidekick wrote:
Since 2003, Kobalt hand tools have largely been made by the Danaher Corporation.[3][4] Previously made in the USA, initially by Snap-on's JH Williams brand, Kobalt sockets and wrenches are now made in Taiwan, while pliers and other tools are made in China.
That's like clothing...made so cheaply,sewn so badly and cheap dyes are used...it's really pathetic. Even in exclusive stores, it's all foreign made, and they look it too.
My dad was a tool and dye maker and a carpenter,and he always had great tools and I was always interested in what they were, etc.
Thanks for the info.
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#43 Nov 26, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like clothing...made so cheaply,sewn so badly and cheap dyes are used...it's really pathetic. Even in exclusive stores, it's all foreign made, and they look it too.
My dad was a tool and dye maker and a carpenter,and he always had great tools and I was always interested in what they were, etc.
Thanks for the info.
Your dad was probably a tool and die maker BB. Unless of course he was pumpin out tie dye shirts right alongside those big ol machines.

woof
Enzyte Bob

Garden City, MI

#44 Nov 26, 2013
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked at Sears from 81 to 86 (Eastland then Northland)
Enzyte Bob

Garden City, MI

#45 Nov 26, 2013
Best Kmart commercial
youtube.com/watch...
Enzyte Bob

Garden City, MI

#46 Nov 26, 2013
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
They've been located in New Britain, CT since 1843.
I remember reading about the point you brought up years ago, but kinda shunned away from them since Dewalt and Hitachi seems to make a better tool nowadays.
I'm going to keep an eye out for what odd items I see with their name on them.
Dewalt and porter cable are also Stanley companies.

BLOCKHEADS!

#47 Nov 26, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Your dad was probably a tool and die maker BB. Unless of course he was pumpin out tie dye shirts right alongside those big ol machines.
woof
LOLOLOL
Only YOU, pickadukie, would point out an error.
Yes, tool and die

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#48 Nov 26, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>I worked at Sears from 81 to 86 (Eastland then Northland)
Everything I ever bought from Sears including furnace, central air, washer and dryer required warranty service. Power tools were junk even back in the so-called American made days. I gave up on them around 15 years ago.

BLOCKHEADS!

#49 Nov 26, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
When I was in my youth, I was in retail (ugh) and was the manager of paints and home improvement and plumbing and electrical, for a big time retailer, now defunct.
LOVED it.
I felt like I had my own la-bor-a- tory, mixing paints etc.
Lol
I never knew there could be so many plumbing and electrical parts. OY!
It was fun, though.
The reason I said "ugh" is I had to work nights, weekends and holidays! Thank God I wasn't in it for long.
=~[
Enzyte Bob

Garden City, MI

#50 Nov 26, 2013
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
Slant & Slope owned.
Sears, Kmart and Craftsman are Christ killer Jew owned. They both suck because the Jewish banker Edward Lampert is sucking them dry. In other words they don't suck because they suck, They suck intentionally as part of our plan to harvest as much money as they can out of those companies before they are shut down.
Enzyte Bob

Garden City, MI

#51 Nov 26, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything I ever bought from Sears including furnace, central air, washer and dryer required warranty service. Power tools were junk even back in the so-called American made days. I gave up on them around 15 years ago.
My dad and uncle installed janitrol furnaces many years ago. I laughed at them at the time, but they were cheap but they still work. Because of their experience, I went with Goodman (same company as Janitrol) about 9 years ago. Goodman had purchased Amana at the time and used Amana technology to upgrade their units. It was a good unit but it was installed incorrectly and I recently had to junk it. I installed another Goodman unit, however, because when you think about itcarrier and train cost double. Goodman was so cheap I figure I broke even.
sidekick

Galloway, OH

#52 Nov 26, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Dewalt and porter cable are also Stanley companies.
I didn't know that until last night. As I mentioned earlier, If a company like Dewalt has the same employees, factory, system for quality, etc. I'd still buy their tools without hesitation, but it's almost impossible to know whats durable anymore. I bought a Porter-Cable saw last year. I noticed it looked cheaply made compared to their ones made in the 90s. However, I bought it because of the sale price and it was for a backup anyway.

About the best carpentry tools I've used in the last 5 years have been Dewalt, Makita & Hitachi (some Milwaukee), and i'll give Makita a little extra credit in durability.
sidekick

Galloway, OH

#53 Nov 26, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
Out of all them discussions about Sears in the past, I don't remember you ever saying you worked there.
I'm going to take a stab at what department... Not lingerie inspection? No, I'd guess: suits.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#54 Nov 26, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
My dad and uncle installed janitrol furnaces many years ago. I laughed at them at the time, but they were cheap but they still work. Because of their experience, I went with Goodman (same company as Janitrol) about 9 years ago. Goodman had purchased Amana at the time and used Amana technology to upgrade their units. It was a good unit but it was installed incorrectly and I recently had to junk it. I installed another Goodman unit, however, because when you think about itcarrier and train cost double. Goodman was so cheap I figure I broke even.
Uncle Ernie? Did he tickle you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Panther Sucked 3 hr MovieCritic 1
Where Next Mass Shooting? 3 hr Libs Lives Matter 11
I need a Bazooka 4 hr Charlton Heston 2
Public Breastfeeding Age Restriction 4 hr Leftist handjob 49
Proof that Trump voters want a Daddy 5 hr Leftist handjob 5
If this isn't global warming then what is it? 5 hr Leftist handjob 2
President's Day news: James Buchanan moves up 5 hr Leftist handjob 25
T Minus 4 3 2 1 ,,,, | Mueller Gone! 6 hr Duke for Mayor 1,397

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web