“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#1 Nov 24, 2013

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

#2 Nov 24, 2013
Wow! I wasn't expecting this kind of ad...every year there's more sexy ads and more sexy scenes on programs and no one censors!
Starting with Victoria Secret!

I don't care for me but kids watch this crap.....
Enzyte Bob

United States

#3 Nov 25, 2013
It didn't really bother me that much. I thought the commercial was well done and very slick. It didn't really fit Kmart though, it seemed to fit Target better than Kmart. Check out Jay Lenos spoof on the commercial.

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/joe...
Enzyte Bob

United States

#4 Nov 25, 2013
at least it wasn't like those JCPenney ads last year featuring all those hoh-moh freaks.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#5 Nov 25, 2013
Does anyone really shop at K Mart these days?

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Lewis Center, OH

#6 Nov 25, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
Never stepped foot in K Mart. The ad was risque but clever. Just like their free shipping commercial. Ad agency has great minds. Push the envelope, we are talking about it, extra talk. No different than Miley Cyrus' performance last night. If it gets people talking....people kvetching have too thick of skin.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

#7 Nov 25, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
The last Kmart in my area is soon to close

Their service and selection went down the hill 15 years ago, and never came back

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#8 Nov 25, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
The last Kmart in my area is soon to close
Their service and selection went down the hill 15 years ago, and never came back
And they've killed Sears along the way.
In five years, no more Sears, no more JC Penney.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#9 Nov 25, 2013
None of them will be missed.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

#10 Nov 25, 2013
-tip- wrote:
Agree! I never shop at these places....ever.
It kills me how people flock...LOL

“Seven Days In May”

Hilliard, OH

#11 Nov 25, 2013
-tip- wrote:
Not in their present incarnations. But what kid growing up in the '60s and '70s didn't love Sears? The Christmas Wish Book and the weekly trips to Sears at the mall on Saturdays? Back when they had a candy shop, a cafeteria, a toy department and a music department? That was pure Americana.
Sears started sh!tting the bed in the '90s.

Lewis Center, OH

#12 Nov 25, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>Not in their present incarnations. But what kid growing up in the '60s and '70s didn't love Sears? The Christmas Wish Book and the weekly trips to Sears at the mall on Saturdays? Back when they had a candy shop, a cafeteria, a toy department and a music department? That was pure Americana.
Sears started sh!tting the bed in the '90s.
And you circled, dog eared the pages as to what you wanted presenting it to your parents as they rolled their eyes and asked what do you really want? Revision took away maybe three pages... Now you have 6 year olds wanting a phone upgrade, gone are roller skates .

“Seven Days In May”

Hilliard, OH

#13 Nov 25, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>And you circled, dog eared the pages as to what you wanted presenting it to your parents as they rolled their eyes and asked what do you really want? Revision took away maybe three pages... Now you have 6 year olds wanting a phone upgrade, gone are roller skates .
I realized just how much the world had changed when my son was 10 and said all he wanted were gift cards to Gamestop, EB and the Blue Line.

Lewis Center, OH

#14 Nov 25, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>I realized just how much the world had changed when my son was 10 and said all he wanted were gift cards to Gamestop, EB and the Blue Line.
That's true. I'm racking my brain what to get my kids. LG is enamored by several things I own. A memory foam bathmat? She loves it! Hey, if it makes her happy....

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#15 Nov 25, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
at least it wasn't like those JCPenney ads last year featuring all those hoh-moh freaks.
Everyone is on that bandwagon. Just noticed this commercial last night. Scary.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#16 Nov 25, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>And you circled, dog eared the pages as to what you wanted presenting it to your parents as they rolled their eyes and asked what do you really want? Revision took away maybe three pages... Now you have 6 year olds wanting a phone upgrade, gone are roller skates .
Johnson's all-time favorite Sears ad:

http://www.snopes.com/business/hidden/sears.a...

His mama burned the catalog, but the damage was done.

Lewis Center, OH

#17 Nov 25, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Johnson's all-time favorite Sears ad:
http://www.snopes.com/business/hidden/sears.a...
His mama burned the catalog, but the damage was done.
Something hilariously wrong with you. Thanks for my ab work out
Chilli Gal

Frankfort, OH

#18 Nov 25, 2013
-tip- wrote:
I think it is sad. Sears has been around thru several generations and provided a large variety of items for the whole family and home, 99% made in America when I was raising my family. Now We have Walmart and all the cheap chinese crap to make multi billionaires out of Sam's kids and the workers are glad to get the low wages that you can't live on. I never shop Walmart and I will miss Sears, like the fact that they serviced their appliances, mowers,and furnaces. I think Americans buying Chinese crap is SAD, especially American flags.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

#19 Nov 25, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is on that bandwagon. Just noticed this commercial last night. Scary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =c76ptkx4xrIXX
O H
M Y
G O D

=~#

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#20 Nov 25, 2013
Chilli Gal wrote:
<quoted text> I think it is sad. Sears has been around thru several generations and provided a large variety of items for the whole family and home, 99% made in America when I was raising my family. Now We have Walmart and all the cheap chinese crap to make multi billionaires out of Sam's kids and the workers are glad to get the low wages that you can't live on. I never shop Walmart and I will miss Sears, like the fact that they serviced their appliances, mowers,and furnaces. I think Americans buying Chinese crap is SAD, especially American flags.
Sears' downfall was trying to pawn off chinese made crap and hoping Americans wouldn't notice. They deserve to go down the tubes with that way of thinking.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where to buy Herbal Incense? (Aug '12) 5 min The K2 Guy 111
RIP Joan Rivers 23 min E-Bob 5
welfare nation 2 hr Zoe Regen 1
Feds say Pakistan unlikely to return fugitive O... 5 hr They cannot kill ... 3
gutfeld: obama climate change proposal 'nuttier... 6 hr They cannot kill ... 5
Orange barrels, gas price hike await Labor Day ... 6 hr Free Pizza 4 U 3
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 8 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 30,474
Where are all the original legacy posters? 9 hr Duke for Mayor 101
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••