notlocal

AOL

#43 Dec 4, 2012
I was riding bareback and barefoot in Nassau and fell off the damn horse. No one knows that. Except the ten strangers riding with me.
notlocal

AOL

#44 Dec 4, 2012
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>It was cool waking up in a different state everyday.I have hundreds of pictures of the places that I've been.But the bad times were really bad.1 hurricane,2 tornadoes,and numerous blizzards.No accidents though.
I'd love that. When you fly, you don't see anything.

BTW a pair of feral cats, whom I feed, were mating in the field behind me last night and my dogs barking about it were on my last nerve.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#45 Dec 4, 2012
notlocal wrote:
I was riding bareback and barefoot in Nassau and fell off the damn horse. No one knows that. Except the ten strangers riding with me.
They chalked it up to rum.
sidekick

Chillicothe, OH

#46 Dec 4, 2012
notlocal wrote:
I've rode horseback only a handful of times, which my last one had an episode of hee-haw gone wrong. This horse i was on.. stepped into (what i think) a rabbit hole and about broke it's leg. It bucked & snarled in a absolute frenzy. Took off like a bat outta hell, i'm hanging on trying to find a time to jump, and don't remember exactly how i got off, but said F this sport. I'm outta here.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#48 Dec 4, 2012
hey hey now wrote:
<quoted text>You've got to shoot the feral cats if you're capable of it as they kill off songbirds, rabbits, etc...
They say that you cant socialize a feral cat but they are wrong.I have done it 4 times so far.Animals know when a human is trustworthy or not.I just like to give them a chance.
sidekick

Chillicothe, OH

#49 Dec 4, 2012
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>They say that you cant socialize a feral cat but they are wrong.I have done it 4 times so far.Animals know when a human is trustworthy or not.I just like to give them a chance.
Bottom line: feeding them/not feeding them.
We had a 8yr old "indoor only" cat. It would only look out the door/window. So one day, it finally went outside during a drunken BBQ. We were stunned(probably stoned too) at how it acted when we tried to catch him. He clawed the hell out of us. From then on...he was an out & indoor cat who became aggressive and thought he ruled the block.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#50 Dec 4, 2012
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom line: feeding them/not feeding them.
We had a 8yr old "indoor only" cat. It would only look out the door/window. So one day, it finally went outside during a drunken BBQ. We were stunned(probably stoned too) at how it acted when we tried to catch him. He clawed the hell out of us. From then on...he was an out & indoor cat who became aggressive and thought he ruled the block.
I've been through that.When they get out,they dont want back in until their hungry.I am very careful not to let my girls out.
notlocal

AOL

#51 Dec 4, 2012
hey hey now wrote:
<quoted text>You've got to shoot the feral cats if you're capable of it as they kill off songbirds, rabbits, etc...
I'm not shooting them. All I'll shoot is a rabid animal or an occasional groundhog if it's a danger to my dogs.

The birds can fly higher than the cats.

The foxes and coyote have pretty much taken care of the rabbits anyway. Skunks too. I'm actually glad to smell a skunk in the area, they're getting so scarce.
Spookishere F trolls

Taylor, MI

#52 Dec 4, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not shooting them. All I'll shoot is a rabid animal or an occasional groundhog if it's a danger to my dogs.
The birds can fly higher than the cats.
The foxes and coyote have pretty much taken care of the rabbits anyway. Skunks too. I'm actually glad to smell a skunk in the area, they're getting so scarce.
I have a retarded one I will send you. He likes sweet corn cobs with real butter and when I tip the barrel down to let him out he wait until you pet him on the head and scratch his ears.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#53 Dec 4, 2012
notlocal wrote:
I like bareback.
notlocal

AOL

#54 Dec 4, 2012
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
They chalked it up to rum.
How come I didn't come up with that excuse? Oh, yeah...it WAS the rum.
notlocal

AOL

#55 Dec 4, 2012
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
I've rode horseback only a handful of times, which my last one had an episode of hee-haw gone wrong. This horse i was on.. stepped into (what i think) a rabbit hole and about broke it's leg. It bucked & snarled in a absolute frenzy. Took off like a bat outta hell, i'm hanging on trying to find a time to jump, and don't remember exactly how i got off, but said F this sport. I'm outta here.
Well, no sidewalks or bikes here, so it was ride a horse. I'm glad it didn't break it's leg. The leg is usually left hanging by skin and you have to sit on the horses neck to keep it down. They'll keep trying to stand up on three legs. Groundhog holes...well any hole is a bad thing for a horse. If it gives you any comfort, a horse will do anything it can NOT to step on you.'Course it might kick, bite or throw you.

You don't want to jump off. Just hang onto it's neck on till it stops. Duck when trees come into view. If you can get ahold of the reins, pull them back as far as you can on the left only. If you get it's head turned, a horse won't run where it can't see.

Then there's the fact that they always run back to the stall and you can be decapitated when they run back into the barn.

I never learned to ride a bike. It's embarrassing.
notlocal

AOL

#56 Dec 4, 2012
Spookishere F trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a retarded one I will send you. He likes sweet corn cobs with real butter and when I tip the barrel down to let him out he wait until you pet him on the head and scratch his ears.
Thant's funny. When I was really little, like 4 or something, my aunt and I saw a baby skunk in the garden at her house. We got a long pole fishing net and caught it and put it in a barrel.
She told me that when my cousin got home from work he might take it to the vet to get the scent glands removed and i could keep it. He was probably 20- 25 something like that.

I waited hours in the sun, dropping baby corn and lettuce in to it. He drove in and I ran to him all excited telling him about it. He just kicked the barrel over on his way to the house and it ran off.
Damn. Can't swim, can't ride a bike and I have no skunk.
Spookishere F trolls

Taylor, MI

#57 Dec 4, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, no sidewalks or bikes here, so it was ride a horse. I'm glad it didn't break it's leg. The leg is usually left hanging by skin and you have to sit on the horses neck to keep it down. They'll keep trying to stand up on three legs. Groundhog holes...well any hole is a bad thing for a horse. If it gives you any comfort, a horse will do anything it can NOT to step on you.'Course it might kick, bite or throw you.
You don't want to jump off. Just hang onto it's neck on till it stops. Duck when trees come into view. If you can get ahold of the reins, pull them back as far as you can on the left only. If you get it's head turned, a horse won't run where it can't see.
Then there's the fact that they always run back to the stall and you can be decapitated when they run back into the barn.
I never learned to ride a bike. It's embarrassing.
I had a rifle long before I had a bike.
notlocal

AOL

#58 Dec 4, 2012
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>They say that you cant socialize a feral cat but they are wrong.I have done it 4 times so far.Animals know when a human is trustworthy or not.I just like to give them a chance.
I had the most wonderful male cat, Critter. He was trained like a dog. Came when I whistled and spent lots of time in the woods behind that house. But he was a house cat too.
I moved 15 miles away. He stayed two weeks and disappeared. My old nieghbors called in a few weeks to tell me he was back at the old house. I went all hours of the night and day and couldn't find him.
Then my vet told me he had 'turned feral' and I shouldn't move him again even if I did find him. He was the best cat.
Spookishere F trolls

Taylor, MI

#59 Dec 4, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
Thant's funny. When I was really little, like 4 or something, my aunt and I saw a baby skunk in the garden at her house. We got a long pole fishing net and caught it and put it in a barrel.
She told me that when my cousin got home from work he might take it to the vet to get the scent glands removed and i could keep it. He was probably 20- 25 something like that.
I waited hours in the sun, dropping baby corn and lettuce in to it. He drove in and I ran to him all excited telling him about it. He just kicked the barrel over on his way to the house and it ran off.
Damn. Can't swim, can't ride a bike and I have no skunk.
Skunks make good pets I have heard. This one comes by during sweet time and the cats all look at him like he is dumb for not being able to get back out of the barrel I throw corn husks and cobs in. I am sure he is around all the time but never stays until morning when there is no barrel of corn.
notlocal

AOL

#60 Dec 4, 2012
<quoted text>
Skunks make good pets I have heard. This one comes by during sweet time and the cats all look at him like he is dumb for not being able to get back out of the barrel I throw corn husks and cobs in. I am sure he is around all the time but never stays until morning when there is no barrel of corn.
No, they're nocturnal. You see an adult one during the day, it's probably rapid. Same thing with possums. Shoot them. But if this one's coming during the day for the corn, he's got your routine down.

Which brings me to stories about my city raised husband insisting he put the humane traps for groundhogs out at night and the things he caught that he was sorry he caught. Pretty funny, but now he finally listens to me on that one point.
notlocal

AOL

#61 Dec 5, 2012
<quoted text>
I had a rifle long before I had a bike.
I never had a bike. We we're allowed to learn to shoot till we were 14. I guess my parents figured it we got eaten by a wild animal before then, it was on us. Not many large, wild animals around here.
Spookishere F trolls

Taylor, MI

#62 Dec 5, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they're nocturnal. You see an adult one during the day, it's probably rapid. Same thing with possums. Shoot them. But if this one's coming during the day for the corn, he's got your routine down.
Which brings me to stories about my city raised husband insisting he put the humane traps for groundhogs out at night and the things he caught that he was sorry he caught. Pretty funny, but now he finally listens to me on that one point.
I am knowledgeable about rabies. No I figure the sunk comes by every night but without sweet corn he probably eats some left over dry cat food and moves on . Many animals have a route they travel looking for food and mates. Opossums are friends of mine. I had a stack of I-beams and when I moved them a mother opussum was living under them. I caugjt her and moved her to an old barn.

Ground hogs get shot. They provide good target practice. I even shoot them when I go to check wells along back roads. A young ground hog is good eating but the big ones are too greasy.
notlocal

AOL

#64 Dec 5, 2012
<quoted text>
I am knowledgeable about rabies. No I figure the sunk comes by every night but without sweet corn he probably eats some left over dry cat food and moves on . Many animals have a route they travel looking for food and mates. Opossums are friends of mine. I had a stack of I-beams and when I moved them a mother opussum was living under them. I caugjt her and moved her to an old barn.
Ground hogs get shot. They provide good target practice. I even shoot them when I go to check wells along back roads. A young ground hog is good eating but the big ones are too greasy.
That was good of you to move mama and family to a safe place.
LOL, Spooker, that skunk knows your voice, smell, footsteps, vehicles and your habits better than you do. You're it's buddy. Deer get the same way.
Yeah, groundhogs are just too voracious eaters of the crops. Never ate ground hog. Wild duck sandwiches where you have to spit the buckshot out.
What kind of wells?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I love Shopping KMart, Sears, Meijer.Where Do y... 15 min jonjedi 26
Donald Trump Administration 20 min jonjedi 759
The Lost Art of Conversation 8 hr jonjedi 43
United Airlines bans yoga pants 9 hr jonjedi 10
Worlds fastest growing religion is..... 9 hr jonjedi 133
I shop at Salvation Army & Toilet Store 11 hr jonjedi 8
Breaking news....... 11 hr jonjedi 104

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance