hmm, Socialist Hugo Chavez's net worth 8 times that of capitalist Mitt Romney's

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Mar 21, 2013
well well well

Kingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Hmm, Socialist Hugo Chavez's net worth is 8 times that of the "evil" capitalist Mitt Romney's.
well well well

Kingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

And liberal democratsand Obama just lovvvvvve Hugo Chavez
akc

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 6, 2013
 
Can you please cite your sources? Thanks! Someone asked me where this info came from and I have no idea
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

well well well wrote:
Hmm, Socialist Hugo Chavez's net worth is 8 times that of the "evil" capitalist Mitt Romney's.
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-poli...

Hugo Chavez Net Worth
Random Celebrity Profile

How much is Hugo Chavez worth?
$1 Billion

Hugo Chavez net worth: Hugo Chavez was a Venezuelan politician who had a net worth of $1 billion at the time of his death on March 5th 2013. A 2010 report from Criminal Justice International Associates (CJIA), a global risk assessment and threat mitigation firm estimated that the Chavez family assets totaled between $1 and $2 billion USD. The vast majority of these assets are oil related and were controlled by Hugo himself prior to his death. The head of the CJIA, Jerry Brewer, asserted that since Hugo's rise to power in 1999, the extended family has amassed its fortune through both legal and illegal methods. Brewer further estimates that the Chavez family and hundreds of other criminal organization have "subtracted $100 billion out of the nearly $1 trillion in oil income made by PDVSA (Venezuela's state controlled oil company), since 1999."
ha

Kingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 6, 2013
 
Correction, Forbes lists Hugo Chavez at over $1 billion and Romney at $200-250 million. That actually puts Chavez at 4 times the worth of Romney.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-poli...
Hugo Chavez Net Worth
Random Celebrity Profile
How much is Hugo Chavez worth?
$1 Billion
Hugo Chavez net worth: Hugo Chavez was a Venezuelan politician who had a net worth of $1 billion at the time of his death on March 5th 2013. A 2010 report from Criminal Justice International Associates (CJIA), a global risk assessment and threat mitigation firm estimated that the Chavez family assets totaled between $1 and $2 billion USD. The vast majority of these assets are oil related and were controlled by Hugo himself prior to his death. The head of the CJIA, Jerry Brewer, asserted that since Hugo's rise to power in 1999, the extended family has amassed its fortune through both legal and illegal methods. Brewer further estimates that the Chavez family and hundreds of other criminal organization have "subtracted $100 billion out of the nearly $1 trillion in oil income made by PDVSA (Venezuela's state controlled oil company), since 1999."
That's certainly a lowball figure as an estimated $30 billion of Venezuela's national oil company's revenue was pilfered.

Chavez used Pdvsa as his personal piggybank to fund social projects. Of $125 billion in revenues in 2011, some $24 billion went to the state in the form of royalties and taxes and $30 billion went the presidentís slush fund, according to Reuters.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman...

Another source is Dr. Vanessa Newman, from an interview I listened to last night.

Senior Fellow, Foreign Policy Research Institute and President, Vanessa Neumann, Inc.

Greater New York City Area
International Affairs

Current

Foreign Policy Research Institute,
Vanessa Neumann, Inc.,
Columbia University

Previous

The Weekly Standard,
Hunter College,
International Institute for Strategic Studies

Education

Columbia University in the City of New YorK
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 6, 2013
 
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>That's certainly a lowball figure as an estimated $30 billion of Venezuela's national oil company's revenue was pilfered.
Chavez used Pdvsa
Speaking of PDVSA, check out the upper right hand corner of the Citgo website:
http://citgo.com/Home.jsp

Thank God Citgo never had a big footprint in Ohio, but the seem to in virtually every other eastern state.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of PDVSA, check out the upper right hand corner of the Citgo website:
http://citgo.com/Home.jsp
Thank God Citgo never had a big footprint in Ohio, but the seem to in virtually every other eastern state.
You only have to look over the Green Monster at Fenway to see how big they were there.
BTW, Chavez was trying to dump the name and all the retail end of it for the last three years, but he wouldn't budge from his $10 billion asking price...way too much with such a damaged name.
Reality

Bentonville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 8, 2013
 
And you know it because of right wing propaganda machine ? Please confirm it before posting such garbage. I am not fan of Chavez but things like these are really stupid.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality wrote:
And you know it because of right wing propaganda machine ? Please confirm it before posting such garbage. I am not fan of Chavez but things like these are really stupid.
I gave you two sources, lefty. Why don't you try and refute them instead of whining?

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 8, 2013
 
The man was not a white euro capitalist, and for that the west hates him! He was not a puppet of the big money empires and for that also he was hated. In the end HIS people loved him because he put THE COUNTRY'S wealth towards educating and helping his people. In the mind of a heartless capitalist that's a bad thing!
The halls of Hell will be filled with the likes of the Rich man who Jesus told to sell his belongings and give it to the poor. It was a test! For Jesus already knew what the rich man was going to do...nothing!
There are people in this world that have enough wealth to live ten life times without worrying how to pay for anything, yet with the blessings of wealth they have they horde it and watch a nation starve and live in adjunct poverty.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
The man was not a white euro capitalist, and for that the west hates him! He was not a puppet of the big money empires and for that also he was hated. In the end HIS people loved him because he put THE COUNTRY'S wealth towards educating and helping his people. In the mind of a heartless capitalist that's a bad thing!
The halls of Hell will be filled with the likes of the Rich man who Jesus told to sell his belongings and give it to the poor. It was a test! For Jesus already knew what the rich man was going to do...nothing!
Well, that's one way of looking at things. But Mother Theresa did her good works without amassing billions of dollars of wealth. How many meals would those billions buy for the poor? Instead, he funded his own multi-generational wealth. His relatives are going to live just as fat and happy as any Rockefeller does.
WiseAmerican

Plymouth, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's one way of looking at things. But Mother Theresa did her good works without amassing billions of dollars of wealth. How many meals would those billions buy for the poor? Instead, he funded his own multi-generational wealth. His relatives are going to live just as fat and happy as any Rockefeller does.
True, but unlike many rulers who amassed the wealth and let their people starve, Hugo at least used a lot to help the country. If that were not so we wouldn't see hundreds of thousands mourning his death. Could the same be said for Dick Cheney and Bush if they died?
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

What do you expect? One was a winner, the other had George backing him.
centerman

Glenwood Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

He was just like most people. Good and bad. He was no angel, but he was no devil either. Won 14 elections fair and square according to Organization of American States and the Carter Center. Didn't put anybody in concentration camps. there is no evidence that he murdered or tortured anyone, unlike Bush.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 13, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

centerman wrote:
He was just like most people. Good and bad. He was no angel, but he was no devil either. Won 14 elections fair and square according to Organization of American States and the Carter Center. Didn't put anybody in concentration camps. there is no evidence that he murdered or tortured anyone, unlike Bush.
Please tell us who Bush murdered. And tell us why Khalid Sheikh Mohammed gave up bin Laden. Then tell us about Saint Obama and his murder of US citizens by drones.
blip

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 17, 2013
 
blip
Rusty Houser

Phenix City, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

If the US gov't hates Chavez, I bestow upon him the medal of honor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 27 min dba_freelance_gyno 29,097
Little Boy Blue's Got a Job in Town 1 hr Andrew Dice Clay 7
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 2,897
Lois Lerner linked to another erased hard drive 1 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 66
Are PEDOphiles Born That Way 2 hr STFU Breeders 17
No you agree with Israeli airstrikes into Gaza? 2 hr Go IDF Go 29
Columbus to spread more wastewater sludge on fa... 8 hr They cannot kill a Spook 1
•••
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••