A band named Victim from around 2000-...

A band named Victim from around 2000-2001

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Chillicothe, OH

#1 Jun 26, 2010
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the band Victim. I believe they were from Columbus, I saw them at the Blitz Bash back around 2000-2001. I actually have one of their albums, "Poop Soup". I listen to it all the time, great music.

Does anyone know where to get more of their albums?
James

New Haven, CT

#2 Oct 6, 2010
Wondering wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the band Victim. I believe they were from Columbus, I saw them at the Blitz Bash back around 2000-2001. I actually have one of their albums, "Poop Soup". I listen to it all the time, great music.
Does anyone know where to get more of their albums?
They have two more albums: Can't Crack Deez Nutz and Brand New Stranger. I have Can't Crack if you want it. It is really hard to find better music than these guys.

jimmy.public.2010@gmail.com
Arod92

United States

#3 Dec 15, 2010
I too have all 3 albums. One of the greatest bands ever.

I also have several other band albums from the same era and area: 616 Undone, MonkeyNut, Cringe, etc. For years it was rumored that Columbus would be the next Seattle for a music explosion. Bobaflex did get out and is still going. Many other bands parted ways. However, almost all of those band members are still with other bands today. It's hard to keep up with all of those guys unless you knew them personally.

These concerts were unbelievable as many nights 3 power bands would play sets, sometimes sharing and creating new songs together collectively. Flipside is a rarity performed between Victim and Cringe, what a combination of musical talent.
Steve

Saint Petersburg, FL

#4 Jan 5, 2011
Yea, I remember these bands. Some of the members of victim are now in "Damn Near Down". Mainly Gar (vocals) and the B.O.B (guitar, but i think he played bass for victim, if i remember correctly).
mark vc

United States

#5 Jan 21, 2011
yep gar was the vocalist we went to school tgether b.o.b on bass matt bowden on guitar dont remember the drummer those guys put on many killer shows and yes there was an explosion of very talented bands in columbus then wish it was 2000 all over again...
James

New Haven, CT

#7 Feb 3, 2011
Arod92 wrote:
I too have all 3 albums. One of the greatest bands ever.
I also have several other band albums from the same era and area: 616 Undone, MonkeyNut, Cringe, etc. For years it was rumored that Columbus would be the next Seattle for a music explosion. Bobaflex did get out and is still going. Many other bands parted ways. However, almost all of those band members are still with other bands today. It's hard to keep up with all of those guys unless you knew them personally.
These concerts were unbelievable as many nights 3 power bands would play sets, sometimes sharing and creating new songs together collectively. Flipside is a rarity performed between Victim and Cringe, what a combination of musical talent.
Arod92, any way you can hook me up with Brand New Stranger and Flipside? I only have 2-3 tracks off Brand New. I would gladly take 616 Undone, Cringe, and the others if you are up for sharing.

I grew up in NY but I knew a guy in a band called Pets or Meat that played around Columbus in that era, he introduced me to Victim. Couldn't agree more, one of the best bands ever. Definitely want to hear more from that scene.

I will gladly share the first two albums with anyone who needs them.

westside guy

Bowling Green, OH

#8 Feb 5, 2011
What's UP!
I was scanning my old concert tickets to my PC when I came across VICTIM.
"Can you...ah...dig...it?" CRUNCH CRUNCH hahaha!
I've been going a little work on Google and came up with this comment chain. My friends and I loved Victim! I have both CD's and Gar's other band 9GT CD. 9GT still has a myspace up but hasn't updated in years. I saw GAR driving around town once. He used to have vanity plates that read:VICTIM
Ken Newson was the drummer. I worked with his brother Will. They started a band (I can't remember the name) called Tomorrow Forever. I'm going to do some searching and give those guys a shout!
Here's an old victim site:
http://web.archive.org/web/20020328051322/www...
Here is a photo the guys signed for me while back stage waaaay back in '97!
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg214/24se...
andy

Turners Station, KY

#9 Mar 21, 2011
Gar is my best friend and is now in Damn Near Down with BOB the bass player from Victim...who by the way is the guitar player for DND. Matt Bowden the Guitar player for Victim now plays in Noise Auction...also a great band. They were all on the cutting edge of music and should have all been signed to recording contracts but the industry is blind and deaf for that matter.
Corey

Bowling Green, OH

#10 Mar 22, 2011
andy wrote:
Gar is my best friend and is now in Damn Near Down with BOB the bass player from Victim...who by the way is the guitar player for DND. Matt Bowden the Guitar player for Victim now plays in Noise Auction...also a great band. They were all on the cutting edge of music and should have all been signed to recording contracts but the industry is blind and deaf for that matter.
NICE i'm going to catch one of their shows. enginehouse13 has a nice poster for DND. I can't find DND cd anywhere. i tried magnolia's and used kids, no luck.
VICTIM

Columbus, OH

#11 May 4, 2011
VICTIM

Columbus, OH

#12 May 15, 2011
combs

Little Valley, NY

#13 Nov 10, 2011
ive got damn near down's match made in rehab and victims last 2 cd's i really need poop soup so if you can help me i can help you
Dana

Middlesboro, KY

#14 Dec 4, 2011
I am the guitarist of Damn Near Down. If you want our cd and new very soon come out to a show he usally have them with us there. Check us out on facebook Peace.
hey now

Powell, OH

#15 Dec 4, 2011
Dana wrote:
I am the guitarist of Damn Near Down. If you want our cd and new very soon come out to a show he usally have them with us there. Check us out on facebook Peace.
Right on, Man! Btw, if you and the entire band like take massive sh^ts on stage and are into public defecation you guys can be the official obama re-election campaign band. If you're serious about getting that gig then write a song called "Damn Near Down Low" and it can be obama's anthem.
Dana

Corbin, KY

#17 Dec 10, 2011
No Thanks.
hey now

Powell, OH

#18 Dec 10, 2011
Dana wrote:
No Thanks.
You sure? All it will take is the desire and the abilty to sh^t on stage and in other public venues and you could become famous for being obama's band that provides the soundtrack to his planned social unrest. See if you can find some of reverend jeremiah Wright's old hate whitey hate America sermons and put those to music. And oh yeah, change the band's name to Racist Flash Mob and the media will love you and the next thing you know you'll be headlining at each and every stupid 'winning the future' sloganeering and idiot fests that obama hosts for the felons.
Big Frank

United States

#19 Jan 1, 2012
andy wrote:
] I'll be damned this has to be the screaming Jew-Eschelman? is that you? Do you remember me from your days MUD?
Big Frank

United States

#20 Jan 1, 2012
Dirt and Water!!
Dana

Kansas City, MO

#21 Feb 3, 2012
Damn Near Down cd 2nd cd release show march 10 th at osheckys. Will have both cds for sale.
brandon

Jackson, OH

#22 Apr 27, 2012
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Arod92, any way you can hook me up with Brand New Stranger and Flipside? I only have 2-3 tracks off Brand New. I would gladly take 616 Undone, Cringe, and the others if you are up for sharing.
I grew up in NY but I knew a guy in a band called Pets or Meat that played around Columbus in that era, he introduced me to Victim. Couldn't agree more, one of the best bands ever. Definitely want to hear more from that scene.
I will gladly share the first two albums with anyone who needs them.
hay dude i cant find their stuff no where can u hook me up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Peter Kurto Columbus Industries 9 min T Wayne V 13
E.O. 9066 Day 27 min lol 1
News Ohio county to distribute bags that deactivate ... 34 min Sledgehammer Man 4
Chief Wahoo Being Shown The Door 53 min Pope Che Reagan C... 131
Trump wants to replace food stamps with BEANS &... 1 hr Thanks 59
Public Breastfeeding Age Restriction 1 hr Thanks 47
News Gas prices at 6-month low 1 hr a1 b2 c3 d4 e5 f6... 1
T Minus 4 3 2 1 ,,,, | Mueller Gone! 3 hr 404 not found 1,369

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages