War on Coal Denied House

Posted in the Columbus Forum

notlocal

AOL

#1 Sep 21, 2012
In a rare bipartisan move today, the House voted against Pres. Obama's "War on Coal" bill which imposes more regulations and will account for mines clsoing thousands of lay offs.

Great news for Ohio and Virginia.

However, it is predicted be passed by the Senate and President Obama has said, if not, he will pass it by using executive order when it gets to his desk.
Jazzcat

AOL

#2 Sep 22, 2012
Yup, pretty proud the dems and repubs worked together for once.

With the military cuts and now the war on coal destined to go forward, Virignia is going to be HURT. Our unemployment is below average now, but won't be if these two actions take place.
Spookisbacksoblo wmetrolls

Toledo, OH

#3 Sep 22, 2012
notlocal wrote:
In a rare bipartisan move today, the House voted against Pres. Obama's "War on Coal" bill which imposes more regulations and will account for mines clsoing thousands of lay offs.
However, it is predicted be passed by the Senate and President Obama has said, if not, he will pass it by using executive order when it gets to his desk.
Yet another reason Barry Hussein Obama should have a rope around his neck and be hanging from a gallows for treason.
Tim

Oberlin, OH

#4 Sep 22, 2012
Jazzcat wrote:
Yup, pretty proud the dems and repubs worked together for once.
With the military cuts and now the war on coal destined to go forward, Virignia is going to be HURT. Our unemployment is below average now, but won't be if these two actions take place.
If your state doesn't vote for Mitt, you are doomed.
Jazzcat

AOL

#5 Sep 22, 2012
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
If your state doesn't vote for Mitt, you are doomed.
Back at you, Bud. Colonna's Shipyard does all government work and employees so many from Chesapeake, Norfolk and VA. Beach. Along with the Navy base there that Team Seal 6 works out of. That area is mostly military financed.

Then we have the coal industry he wants to regulate to the point they have to close. I think it's to force us into buying MORE mideast oil. But these families have mined coal for generations and lived long lives. WTF?

Believe me, the politicians from DC that make their homes in VA don't add to our economy other than their property taxes. They are about DC only.
Jazzcat

AOL

#6 Sep 22, 2012
notlocal wrote:
I think you left a word out or misspoke. I think it is predicted to die in the senate, and if not Obama wil1 use executive priviledge and sign it into law.

This is crazy as he has basically told the entire country to ignore the law when it comes to work for welfare.
notlocal

AOL

#7 Sep 22, 2012
Spookisbacksoblowmetrolls wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another reason Barry Hussein Obama should have a rope around his neck and be hanging from a gallows for treason.
When I think of Obama and treason, I think of him getting caught on the open mike assuring Putin's aide that he'd "be more flexible after the election."
What exactly does that mean?
notlocal

AOL

#8 Sep 22, 2012
Jazzcat wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you left a word out or misspoke. I think it is predicted to die in the senate, and if not Obama wil1 use executive priviledge and sign it into law.
This is crazy as he has basically told the entire country to ignore the law when it comes to work for welfare.
I wish I had. No, from what I understand, it is supposed to be picked up and passed by the senate, but if not, Obama stated he would sign it into law when it came to his desk.

But I could be wrong. Have been before.

Yes, ignore the laws you don't like.....whether it's welfare or immigration. What happens to me if I just ignore a law I don't agree with? Anybody got bail money?
Spookisbacksoblo wmetrolls

Toledo, OH

#9 Sep 22, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I had. No, from what I understand, it is supposed to be picked up and passed by the senate, but if not, Obama stated he would sign it into law when it came to his desk.
But I could be wrong. Have been before.
Yes, ignore the laws you don't like.....whether it's welfare or immigration. What happens to me if I just ignore a law I don't agree with? Anybody got bail money?
Sure I will cover your bail

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ABC FAMILY Channel to feature a transgender cha... 8 min Liberal 40
Pro Islamic indocrination at American schools 12 min Pope Che Reagan C... 14
BROKEN ARROW! This is Not a drill! 16 min BizzyBee II 7
BizzyBee HAS LEFT THIS FORUMů..FOR GOOD! 23 min BizzyBee II 33
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 53 min Pope Che Reagan C... 6,189
Hooters Columbus locations closing due to defla... 59 min Big Johnson 173
When Obama gets to Heaven will he be a Muslim o... 1 hr Duke for Mayor 89
Armenian Genocide controversy 1 hr Duke for Mayor 42
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]