Son helps convict father in drug thef...

Son helps convict father in drug thefts | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 29 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Aug 21, 2010, titled Son helps convict father in drug thefts | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A father who teamed up with his son to steal OxyContin and Percocet in a string of robberies of Columbus pharmacies was convicted yesterday by a Franklin County jury.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MsKatz

United States

#24 Aug 21, 2010
I live in Columbus, and now I know why getting my meds is a nightmare!! I worked at the police department for years many years ago, and it was just beginning to be a problem. My cop hubby told me about all of the pharmacies getting hit back then. You'd be amazed how many people in a police department can't spell "Lortab" or "Percocet"! Just give me a sledgehammer, some swinging room, and plenty of access to their backs. I'll give them a SUPER reason to hoarde narcotics.
rowdy1

Bellevue, OH

#25 Aug 21, 2010
Mike wrote:
The solution is not putting him in jail, but counseling and making him attend rehabilitation seminars.
Why sure,of course! Why hasn't the judicial system thought of that?
Chip Douglas

Columbus, OH

#26 Aug 21, 2010
Chip Douglas wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was just drugs, they would not be in too much trouble, a far as serving time. However, they went out and robbed a number of CVS pharmacies (according to the police). I do agree that drugs are a mitigating and central variable in this story which only strengthens my belief that drugs should not be illegal. Which is more disturbing to you, knowing that some guys are in some apartment getting high or knowing that some guys are going into a CVS, that you may and your family might shop at, and rob the place with a gun for pills? Doing drugs and calling it a crime does not pass the "Can you sleep at night test". If people are honest, they will admit that they realize people are probably doing drugs in their homes on the very street they live on. If they are also distressed about these people doing drugs, HOW CAN THEY SLEEP WELL AT NIGHT? Now, if the same people were honest about burglars or rapists "working" the very street that they live on, how well would they sleep at night? See, there is a big difference in how most people REALLY feel about the dangers of drugs.
What is really "nutty" is the hopeless "War on Drugs" and how this "war" actually costs us all a lot of money in so many needless ways. This so called "war" actually creates crime by fueling the incentive for REAL crime: murder, robberies, break-ins, and other kinds of theft, gangs, you get the picture. Anyone who says they really care if someone is getting high is probably not being truthful. If you really do, you have quite an uphill ordeal to address in your daily life. If someone says they are not for legalizing drugs, but are o.k. with drinking alcohol or do not mind if others do, are simply hypocritical or worse, VERY IGNORANT TO THE VERY REAL DANGERS AND DESTRUCTION CAUSED BY THAT DRUG. I mean, what is the real issue here, is it staying alive? being healthy? being good? Fitting in? What is the real issue with the anti-drug folks? I am nearly 50 and have heard all the lies and misinformation over the years. The TRUTH is, you can DIE very early from eating food that is not good for you, much earlier than many who use drugs. Drinking alcohol takes the lives of many before they reach 60. This FACT includes more alcohol related deaths than all drugs combined by a VERY LARGE MARGIN. So, for those who think decriminalizing drugs is "nutty", think about this: How has your perspective played out over all these years with the resources and so forth that have been used to "stick it to the druggies", are you enjoying any real success, or are you just sitting back and watching the criminals flourish while you and I cough up the $ to pay for this line of reasoning?
jimmyjam

Columbus, OH

#27 Aug 21, 2010
RAT
Schmatty

Seattle, WA

#28 Aug 21, 2010
Rehab oh ye that will really work for what this guy did. Yes he needs to do some time but if he gets 39 years that is way to much. Then again they might just do it to make a point. As far as making them legal. I think that would be the way to go. No more makeing money steeling,selling, or scamming for them. But when the goverment officials get the kick backs like they do from the FDA then they will never vote for legalizing them. I think that is the same reason we will never get universal health care.

“the one,the only,BABETTE!!!! !”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#29 Aug 21, 2010
Liddleguy wrote:
On the job training at it's best.
so it looks like the dad rolled over, on the son at first, then the son got back at him! man 39yrs! well when he gets out atleast oxycontin will be generic! love cat
dave

Chillicothe, OH

#30 Aug 22, 2010
B Real wrote:
I hope someone told this guy what happends to snitches in prison. yes, they both are wrong but he gets 10 years to testify agaist his father what a ****. S N I T C H B I T C H. I guess daddy didn't teach him not to snitch.
they will teach him in prison
Mimi

Columbus, OH

#31 Aug 28, 2010
Rebel Soldier wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Mimi, There were robberies involved, dummy. Further, With this epidemic of pill abuse in 20 years we will start to see more liver transplants in people in the age ranges of 40 to 50.
Really? A robbery? Wow! Thanks for telling me what I've already read! My point stands.
Needham

Tokyo, Japan

#33 Oct 23, 2013
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) from ZTOPIX. COM about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AEP silences #MeToo complaint 12 min Just_B_N_Me 17
Congress is hurtling towards a government shutd... 14 min Capt Pepe 1
Trump BALD HEAD 39 min Male 61
White Alt Right Trump supporter murders cop 48 min cracker stretcher 21
STILL WAITING for someone to explain how the wo... 1 hr Capt Pepe 13
Flynn Pleads Guilty 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 899
Sh@$tHole Country 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 68

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance