Son helps convict father in drug thef...

Son helps convict father in drug thefts | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 29 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Aug 21, 2010, titled Son helps convict father in drug thefts | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A father who teamed up with his son to steal OxyContin and Percocet in a string of robberies of Columbus pharmacies was convicted yesterday by a Franklin County jury.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Liddleguy

Columbus, OH

#1 Aug 21, 2010
On the job training at it's best.
Mimi

Columbus, OH

#3 Aug 21, 2010
39 years in prison over drug charges? Meanwhile, child molesters might do 3, what a backwards society we live in.
Lolita Shih Tzu

Columbus, OH

#4 Aug 21, 2010
Mimi wrote:
39 years in prison over drug charges? Meanwhile, child molesters might do 3, what a backwards society we live in.
I agree with you, Mimi!
Even muderers get less.
My conclusion is this: if you rob a business is worse than molest, abuse, brutalized and kill a human being.
Is that the message the judicial system is sending to society?
The Observer

Columbus, OH

#5 Aug 21, 2010
What a touching faither-son relationship.
Ted Strickland is STUPID

Reynoldsburg, OH

#6 Aug 21, 2010
Mimi wrote:
kill someone you get what? 25? but DON'T rob a BANK!! you'll NEVER get out!
Chip Douglas

Columbus, OH

#7 Aug 21, 2010
The Ted Strickland is stupid guy is not well informed and may actually be more stupid than Ted Strickland (who is a well educated former college professor and Minister). Bank robbers usually do less than 10 years in jail. Mimi is equally out there by saying something very ignorant like "39 years for drug charges?", come on Mimi, drugs are just part of this situation. These were armed robberies and they can be particularly dangerous to innocent workers and customers and deserve a stiff penalty. I agree completely with those that want drugs legalized, but these guys were/are criminals and VERY likely dangerous. The way I see it, it is the laws that create the value of the drugs that lead to the incentive for crime. Ask yourself this: Do we have a drug problem? If no, than why all the laws? If yes, how does legalizing drugs change that fact? Here is another one: Are drugs easy to get? If the answer is no, than why all the issues with drugs? I mean, it would not be such a big deal, right? If drugs ARE easy to get, then how does legalizing them change anything? Here is a FACT: by legalizing drugs, you eliminate the incentive for crime because the cost of the drugs will reflect their true value. Illegal drugs have 1 thing in common, they are all VERY CHEAP to grow and make. You take away the $ and you take away the incentive for crime and all these gang bangers and criminals will be OUT OF WORK! And the druggies, let them stay REAL HIGH. I would much rather see these guys with drugs in their hands than GUNS!
Rebel Soldier

Groveport, OH

#8 Aug 21, 2010
Mimi wrote:
Hey Mimi, There were robberies involved, dummy. Further, With this epidemic of pill abuse in 20 years we will start to see more liver transplants in people in the age ranges of 40 to 50.
rowdy1

Bellevue, OH

#9 Aug 21, 2010
Hopefully they will serve time in the same prison cell. They can duke it out every day and whoever wins is telling the truth.
Sarah is a Quitter

New York, NY

#11 Aug 21, 2010
What's Rush Limbaugh going to do now! His Columbus Oxy connection is now gone. It is going to take millions out of our local economy.
B Real

Columbus, OH

#12 Aug 21, 2010
I hope someone told this guy what happends to snitches in prison. yes, they both are wrong but he gets 10 years to testify agaist his father what a scumbag. S N I T C H B I T C H. I guess daddy didn't teach him not to snitch.

Since: Jul 10

Columbus, OH

#13 Aug 21, 2010
Sorry, Pops. It's every man for himself!
Big Hank

Columbus, OH

#14 Aug 21, 2010
Apple doesn't fall far from the tree........ losers.
Mike

Columbus, OH

#15 Aug 21, 2010
I still say lets but the propery bound by Broad, Livingston, 270, and Hamilton and put up a chain link fence and put in all the dopers, pimps, murders and the like. Give them all the dope they want. Stir and let Darwin go to work. Oh, just for fun throw in a couple whores and rappers.
Bob Denver

Columbus, OH

#16 Aug 21, 2010
If these guys would only have studied harder and/or applied themselves more their lives might have turned out better. Now, they are less happy than if they had done that and now will have to "work" real "hard" to get the drugs they want/need, not to mention the pick of "girls" will be greatly limited in their new digs - sad really.
CSD

Columbus, OH

#17 Aug 21, 2010
This should be a fun Thanksgiving dinner at this household.
Sheridan Whiteside

Carlsbad, CA

#18 Aug 21, 2010
Tarail? Sounds like ebonics again. No surprize there. Even the ones that stick around to raise their illegitimate kids end up teaching them their lowdown ways.
Lolita Shih Tzu

Columbus, OH

#19 Aug 21, 2010
Chip Douglas wrote:
The Ted Strickland is stupid guy is not well informed and may actually be more stupid than Ted Strickland (who is a well educated former college professor and Minister). Bank robbers usually do less than 10 years in jail. Mimi is equally out there by saying something very ignorant like "39 years for drug charges?", come on Mimi, drugs are just part of this situation. These were armed robberies and they can be particularly dangerous to innocent workers and customers and deserve a stiff penalty. I agree completely with those that want drugs legalized, but these guys were/are criminals and VERY likely dangerous. The way I see it, it is the laws that create the value of the drugs that lead to the incentive for crime. Ask yourself this: Do we have a drug problem? If no, than why all the laws? If yes, how does legalizing drugs change that fact? Here is another one: Are drugs easy to get? If the answer is no, than why all the issues with drugs? I mean, it would not be such a big deal, right? If drugs ARE easy to get, then how does legalizing them change anything? Here is a FACT: by legalizing drugs, you eliminate the incentive for crime because the cost of the drugs will reflect their true value. Illegal drugs have 1 thing in common, they are all VERY CHEAP to grow and make. You take away the $ and you take away the incentive for crime and all these gang bangers and criminals will be OUT OF WORK! And the druggies, let them stay REAL HIGH. I would much rather see these guys with drugs in their hands than GUNS!
Still, Mimi's point is valid: they are getting 39 years because of drugs crimes!Not because they have killed people according to the article.
A citizen

Hilliard, OH

#20 Aug 21, 2010
This man has not been sentenced yet. He faces a potential of 39 years. Nothing here states that is what he will receive. And while it is a theft of drugs, what makes it more serious is that it involved a robbery. That means force, however slight, was used. That causes the potential prison time to go up.
Chip Douglas

Columbus, OH

#21 Aug 21, 2010
Lolita Shih Tzu wrote:
<quoted text>
Still, Mimi's point is valid: they are getting 39 years because of drugs crimes!Not because they have killed people according to the article.
If it was just drugs, they would not be in too much trouble, a far as serving time. However, they went out and robbed a number of CVS pharmacies (according to the police). I do agree that drugs are a mitigating and central variable in this story which only strengthens my belief that drugs should not be illegal. Which is more disturbing to you, knowing that some guys are in some apartment getting high or knowing that some guys are going into a CVS, that you may and your family might shop at, and rob the place with a gun for pills? Doing drugs and calling it a crime does not pass the "Can you sleep at night test". If people are honest, they will admit that they realize people are probably doing drugs in their homes on the very street they live on. If they are also distressed about these people doing drugs, HOW CAN THEY SLEEP WELL AT NIGHT? Now, if the same people were honest about burglars or rapists "working" the very street that they live on, how well would they sleep at night? See, there is a big difference in how most people REALLY feel about the dangers of drugs.
Mike

Zanesville, OH

#23 Aug 21, 2010
The solution is not putting him in jail, but counseling and making him attend rehabilitation seminars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I (was a lifer) am a Dem and I’m Voting for Tru... 3 min Duke for Mayor 14
Mystery surrounds sources of many Bill Clinton ... 1 hr Duke for Mayor 39
Melania Trump Speech 1 hr Slim Pickens 130
Hillary = NWO Dirtbag 1 hr Seriouslady 7
"Lock Her Up" 3 hr Zoe Regen 9
Wikileaks Shows DNC Colluding With CBS News 4 hr Guccifer 2 9
News Domestic violence case against mayor's father d... 5 hr bun 6

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance