Culvert and Daves kittens

Culvert and Daves kittens

Posted in the Columbus Forum

They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#1 Mar 15, 2014
Any cat updates. Zoe Reagan how is Culvert cat?
Dave how are your cats doing?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#2 Mar 15, 2014
They are a handful! Thank god they are all sleeping right now.

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#3 Mar 16, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
Any cat updates. Zoe Reagan how is Culvert cat?
Dave how are your cats doing?
Culvert seems to be doing well. He looks so much better. Eating well and appears when he feels like it.

Seems like he appeared often when he was sick. Now, he is back to being independent. I buy him a pint of vitamin D milk once a week and warm it in the microwave. He really likes it. He does not like fat free milk, he leaves it. What are your thoughts on giving cats milk?

Another thing, he likes the Ocean White Fish Cat Treats, Kroger Brand. I bought him the brand name ones and he will eat them but not as eager. He likes cheap stuff!

He reminds me of Top Cat. Remember him?

http://youtu.be/ykRZbOb1c5c

Location hidden

#4 Mar 16, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
Culvert seems to be doing well. He looks so much better. Eating well and appears when he feels like it.
Seems like he appeared often when he was sick. Now, he is back to being independent. I buy him a pint of vitamin D milk once a week and warm it in the microwave. He really likes it. He does not like fat free milk, he leaves it. What are your thoughts on giving cats milk?
Another thing, he likes the Ocean White Fish Cat Treats, Kroger Brand. I bought him the brand name ones and he will eat them but not as eager. He likes cheap stuff!
He reminds me of Top Cat. Remember him?
http://youtu.be/ykRZbOb1c5c
They say not to give them too much people milk because something in it messes up their digestive system.

The fact that he likes the cheap food tells me that he was never on food stamps, forcing him to but the more affordable food.

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#5 Mar 16, 2014
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text> They say not to give them too much people milk because something in it messes up their digestive system.
The fact that he likes the cheap food tells me that he was never on food stamps, forcing him to but the more affordable food.
Do you think I should wean him off the milk? When he was sick/injured, I started giving him it. 4-6 ounces a day.

Location hidden

#6 Mar 16, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think I should wean him off the milk? When he was sick/injured, I started giving him it. 4-6 ounces a day.
At the pet food store they have this milk called cat-sip. It's formulated for cats and comes in little cartons. Outdoor cats don't last long around here. The coyote's usually get them. I've had many just disappear. All of my girls are inside only cats.
notlocal

Bear, DE

#7 Mar 16, 2014
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text> At the pet food store they have this milk called cat-sip. It's formulated for cats and comes in little cartons. Outdoor cats don't last long around here. The coyote's usually get them. I've had many just disappear. All of my girls are inside only cats.
My feral cats get the Dollar Tree dry food. Plenty of mice and other small rodents for them to hunt, and they do hunt. Cats are very smart and independent. I encourage them because I never see a mouse or mouse droppings as long as they are in the area.

“HAPPY SPRING”

Since: Apr 10

BLOCKHEADS!

#8 Mar 16, 2014

Location hidden

#9 Mar 16, 2014
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
My feral cats get the Dollar Tree dry food. Plenty of mice and other small rodents for them to hunt, and they do hunt. Cats are very smart and independent. I encourage them because I never see a mouse or mouse droppings as long as they are in the area.
There isn't a bug, spider, or mouse to be found anywhere in my home. Nothing gets away from my girls.

I am convinced that the best dry food that you can give cats is Purina kitten or cat chow. It's expensive, but totally worth it. All of my girls are perfectly healthy and have nice soft, shiny coats. But I do give them much more than just dry food. They also get Friskies canned food, and whatever I eat as long as it's not too spicy. They love food from Omaha Steaks, and so do I.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#10 Mar 16, 2014
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text> There isn't a bug, spider, or mouse to be found anywhere in my home. Nothing gets away from my girls.
I am convinced that the best dry food that you can give cats is Purina kitten or cat chow. It's expensive, but totally worth it. All of my girls are perfectly healthy and have nice soft, shiny coats. But I do give them much more than just dry food. They also get Friskies canned food, and whatever I eat as long as it's not too spicy. They love food from Omaha Steaks, and so do I.
My cat loves to chase bugs, too. Pretty good at it. I don't have mice, but lots of geese. if she had her way, she'd go after them, too. But I don't let her. Those geese would probably beat her silly.

I feed mine Purina, too. The one for hairballs/indoor cats. It's fine. She also gets a bit of Fancy Feast everyday, too. Loves the gravy. She's not too big on human food, but goes nuts over sliced deli turkey or a bit of cheese. Also loves it if I let her have a bit of milk now and again. She got her favorite treat this weekend. I roasted up a whole chicken and I cooked up the liver just for her. She goes nuts for liver. I can do without liver...ick.
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#11 Mar 16, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
A little milk is ok. Sorry it took so long to respond but I had some repairs to some lines to take care of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any body know her? 9 min HoOtyWoO 2
Squeez 9 min Mitch 8
Hog on the trough or can? 11 min HoOtyWoO 2
What do you think? Pretty cool, huh? 39 min HoOtyWoO 6
Trump Borrowed $ From Russians, A Tax Secret Mu... 41 min Duke for Mayor 18
Lawn 43 min HoOtyWoO 23
President Trump Begs Congress to Hurt Healthcar... 51 min jimbob 7
Why are Trump's Kids so ugly? 1 hr HoOtyWoO 94
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! 4 hr Reality 986
Robert Mueller Investigating Donald Trump 11 hr 404 not found 583
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) Sun Real Curious 305

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages