The season will be Merry & Bright at ...

The season will be Merry & Bright at Columbus' Franklin Park Conservatory

There are 8 comments on the Examiner.com story from Nov 18, 2013, titled The season will be Merry & Bright at Columbus' Franklin Park Conservatory. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Franklin Park Conservatory in Columbus, Ohio is offering a wide variety of holiday sights, sounds and activities for the whole family to enjoy at their annual "Holidays at the Conservatory -- Merry & Bright" celebration that is running from November 23 through January 5, 2014.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#1 Nov 18, 2013
Its great to live in a nation / city that is still majority Western European and Judeo-Christian. This is what really brings light to our city.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#2 Nov 18, 2013
Shouldn't this conservatory be picketed by athiests and muzzerds?
Maybe the Grand Mufti of DC can put out a royal edict against this abomination on East Broad.
Sorry, Oliver, for taking away from your idea of a wonderful Christmas celebration but I couldn't resist the temptation to interject this about the absurdity of the Christian holiday Christmas, Christ's Mass, to the Ramadan loving president of the izlamic leader of the USSA.
TRULY it is great to live in a nation/city still majority West European and Judeo-Christian bringing light to Columbus, Ohio and the nation.
Heaven knows we need all the light we can get in this world of darkness.
Greatest Depression Ever

Grove City, OH

#3 Nov 18, 2013
Most people cannot afford the high admission prices at the Conservatory, or, other "attractions". This is the GREATEST DEPRESSION EVER - it will last a generation!

Since: Aug 13

Logan, OH

#4 Nov 18, 2013
dunadd wrote:
Shouldn't this conservatory be picketed by athiests and muzzerds?
Maybe the Grand Mufti of DC can put out a royal edict against this abomination on East Broad.
Sorry, Oliver, for taking away from your idea of a wonderful Christmas celebration but I couldn't resist the temptation to interject this about the absurdity of the Christian holiday Christmas, Christ's Mass, to the Ramadan loving president of the izlamic leader of the USSA.
TRULY it is great to live in a nation/city still majority West European and Judeo-Christian bringing light to Columbus, Ohio and the nation.
Heaven knows we need all the light we can get in this world of darkness.
If you knew the neighborhood that surrounds the Conservatory, you'd know why they aren't down there picketing. ;)
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#5 Nov 19, 2013
K-Billy, you have my curiousity piqued. Most of my time spent in the Columbus area was out West Broad from Hague Avenue towards Westinghouse.
What is the neighbourhood around the Conservatory like?

Since: Aug 13

Logan, OH

#6 Nov 19, 2013
It's on Broad Street just west of Nelson Road between Bexley and downtown. On the southwest corner of the park are Miller and Kelton avenues. Not a part of Columbus you want to be in after dark. Not a great place to be in the daytime, either.

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#7 Nov 19, 2013
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
Its great to live in a nation / city that is still majority Western European and Judeo-Christian. This is what really brings light to our city.
Sorry, Columbus is a cesspool full of criminals. Will have to take a pass on that.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#8 Nov 20, 2013
The sentence Not a great place to be in the daytime, either. I haven't been in Columbus per se since 1970 although I did run around I270 in my trucking days. I gather Columbus proper has changed since I have been in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make America Great Again 40 min Pale Rider 379
Trump TOUR 4 hr Pale Rider 15
Religion in our schools..... 6 hr Atheist 109
News One critical after shooting in South Linden 6 hr TheTruthIs 1
Trumpeters crying in their leader's failed pro... 7 hr BizzyBee 7
Save Your money for Trumps security 7 hr BizzyBee 5
News Columbus part of lawsuit accusing Fannie Mae of... 8 hr GrowUp 2
Lesbifriends: Corporate Success 11 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 35

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web