Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & S...

Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions

There are 2895 comments on the Edmunds.com story from Feb 20, 2006, titled Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions. In it, Edmunds.com reports that:

Created by KarenS in the Maintenance & Repair Message Board. Your Host is mr_shiftright What is this discussion about? Chevrolet Malibu, Chevrolet Malibu Maxx, Sedan, Electric, Engine # 2962 of 2971 Visor and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Edmunds.com.

Tay

Columbus, OH

#2753 Aug 9, 2014
Morgan wrote:
So I have a 99 Malibu that's got most every sensor changed and shes got all new plugs and all that shit. Its runs wonderful just acts a little funky when shes cold or its dark out and I have my lights on- let me explain..
The lights will dim and go back and forth between being bright and dim. I can't have my a/c or heat on or she starts acting up. But the battery seems to be working fine. It always starts up and my car charger works with no complications to how the car runs when it's plugged in. Now someone told me it was my a/c pump and I'd like some feedback on that if anyone knows or have had this happen to their Malibu I'd like to know what you did and what you had to buy. There's just so much shit involved I don't want to buy too many parts when in fact it may only be a small fix ya know. So if you know anything that could help me out id be appreciated!
I had the same problem with my lights dimming/brightening and it turned out to be my ignition module. Costs about $100 and is easy to replace.
dave85

Olathe, KS

#2754 Aug 10, 2014
put emercency brake on before u start it
Shannan wrote:
How can you manually turn of headlamps on a 2004 Chevy Malibu? Please help
Emi

Philipsburg, Sint Maarten (Dutch part)

#2755 Aug 14, 2014
I have a 2005 Malibu chevy . I did not drove my car for 2 months. as soon as I received, I put on the Airco (AC) but it is not cooling and normally my airso is always cooling.

I would like to know how I can reset my Airco?

Thank you - inadvance
margc4116Gmailco m

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2756 Aug 15, 2014
having trouble keeping the. chevy malblu 2004 running
smthkma

Mountain View, CA

#2758 Aug 23, 2014
My 09 Malibu randomly chimes 3 times while driving. The gauges will drop, but come back quickly. I've only noticed it on longer drives (like over 20 miles), but it's almost every time I go on longer drives. There are no messages in the display. I've had it in and the tech ran the computer, but nothing showed up and he couldn't find anything wrong. Scares me every time it happens. Any ideas?
Taedabelle

Shreveport, LA

#2760 Aug 27, 2014
I have a 1999 Chevy Malibu, i replaced the water pump a few months ago, the A/C had also stop blowing cold air; other than that it was running fine until 2 days ago on my way home from work it started to run hot i made it home and put Dex coolant in it, but it still continued to run hot what could possibly be the problem?
boz

Columbus, OH

#2761 Aug 27, 2014
Taedabelle wrote:
I have a 1999 Chevy Malibu, i replaced the water pump a few months ago, the A/C had also stop blowing cold air; other than that it was running fine until 2 days ago on my way home from work it started to run hot i made it home and put Dex coolant in it, but it still continued to run hot what could possibly be the problem?
Sounds like the muffler fuse might be blown.
caidan2005

Independence, IA

#2762 Aug 30, 2014
I have a 2000 Malibu, the horn and the cigarette lighter are both disabled. I don't know where to begin with wiring, could it be another issue??
nancy

Tampa, FL

#2763 Aug 31, 2014
what is the fuse/relay name for the turn signal?
david

Grove City, OH

#2764 Sep 10, 2014
My girlfriend has a 99 Chevy Malibu and the wiper motor stopped working what might be the problem
Andrea P

Dallas, TX

#2765 Sep 14, 2014
where is the shift lever light fuse???
Andrea P

Dallas, TX

#2766 Sep 14, 2014
1998 Chevy Malibu
location of fuse for shift lever light?
Alicia2967

Yonkers, NY

#2767 Sep 17, 2014
I have a 2005 chevy maibu issue powers locks not working, door latch changed.
Hector

Groveport, OH

#2768 Sep 17, 2014
Andrea P wrote:
1998 Chevy Malibu
location of fuse for shift lever light?
I'd guess it's inside the fuse box with the other fuses .
Jay money

Lake Elsinore, CA

#2769 Sep 17, 2014
I have a 2001 Malibu and the turn signal lights and hazard lights do not turn on. I replaced the hazard switch and still does not work. What should I do next......
Hector

Groveport, OH

#2770 Sep 17, 2014
david wrote:
My girlfriend has a 99 Chevy Malibu and the wiper motor stopped working what might be the problem
It sounds like your wiper motor stopped working.
Hector

Groveport, OH

#2771 Sep 18, 2014
caidan2005 wrote:
I have a 2000 Malibu, the horn and the cigarette lighter are both disabled. I don't know where to begin with wiring, could it be another issue??
Get yourself a soldering iron and connect it to a long extension cord. Plug in the cord, turn on the soldering iron, give it time to get hot and then place it on the carpet in front of the passenger seat. Then you leave and don't ever look back.
Strecher

New York, NY

#2772 Sep 19, 2014
todd wrote:
<quoted text>not shame on GM shame on u it was recalled
I have the same problem with my 2002 Chevy Malibu LS, it's not just the hazard switch itself, you have to replace the wire harness it plugs into under the dashboard, I'm not sure where to get the wire harness you can get one at the junkyard and cut it splice the wires or go to the dealer and try to get a new wiring harness if you want to do it yourself. of course you're not smart enough to figure that ot the dealership. they're just being lazy. ItIt can also cause your car to turn off while driving because it shorts out. you may also have to replace the ignition key cylinder. when that gets worn out your pass lock system on the dashboard will not let your car start. I spray wd40 into the key ignition and it helps for a little while but it needs to be replaced. I hope it helps good luck.
Mikey

Caldwell, ID

#2773 Sep 23, 2014
My 01 Chevy Malibu whines when i accelerate, someone mentioned it could be a transmission issue, is there something I can add that could fix this
chveyltz

Manama, Bahrain

#2774 Sep 27, 2014
I have 2013 malibu ltz v6 engine .. and i had a problem with the start/stop engine . The issue is it take time to start when i push the button start/stop and i sometimes it shake while starting and often it start and then suddenly stop???? Anyone can help?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bipartisan bill to protect dreamers 5 hr They cannot kill ... 8
Tired of trump's lies yet? 5 hr Catman Dave 114
Kid Rock Selling Trump T-Shirts 6 hr Yeah 6
News The Latest: President Obama orders flags lowere... 6 hr USfirst 5
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 7 hr Ex-Xeniod 1,397
People of Topix 8 hr BizzyBee 29
Trump: The Revenge of John Galt 8 hr 404 not found 2

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance