Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions

Full story: Edmunds.com

Created by KarenS in the Maintenance & Repair Message Board. Your Host is mr_shiftright What is this discussion about? Chevrolet Malibu, Chevrolet Malibu Maxx, Sedan, Electric, Engine # 2962 of 2971 Visor and ...

Comments (Page 125)

Showing posts 2,481 - 2,500 of2,695
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
unearth

New Kensington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Shelby wrote:
I need help, neither of my cooling fans will come on, I have tested the fans and they work with power, I have changed the relays and fuses, I have also changed the engine coolant temperature sensor. Nothing is working. What tells the fans to turn on if the AC system is not on..It doesn't work either and thats for another day, so I am trying to figure it out because my car is overheating while sitting in traffic etc...it seems to be ok while moving fast and cool days. I have the wiring schematics and all seems to be ok and receiving power to all points.
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM DID YOU EVER FIGURE IT OUT?
rusty dollar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

I have a 2009 malibu ltz,this is the biggest piece of junk that I have ever owned!! Its always saying check traction control and it will start skipping bad and won't hardly go like its only running on two cylinders and the power steering quits sometimes while driving down the road and I have to pull over and turn car off and restart it the skip happens nomatter what I do,rear door lock won't work with buttons and forget the clicker that thing won't work either put new battery in and it still won't work,check engine light stays on all the time and the remote start won't work! I bought this car because I could not afford to keep fixing my old truck now I wish I still had my truck and chevy had this stuck up their butt I can't afford to take it to dealer and get the run around that they give everyone there just trying to milk every dime they can out of people!!!!!!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

rusty dollar wrote:
I have a 2009 malibu ltz,this is the biggest piece of junk that I have ever owned!! Its always saying check traction control and it will start skipping bad and won't hardly go like its only running on two cylinders and the power steering quits sometimes while driving down the road and I have to pull over and turn car off and restart it the skip happens nomatter what I do,rear door lock won't work with buttons and forget the clicker that thing won't work either put new battery in and it still won't work,check engine light stays on all the time and the remote start won't work! I bought this car because I could not afford to keep fixing my old truck now I wish I still had my truck and chevy had this stuck up their butt I can't afford to take it to dealer and get the run around that they give everyone there just trying to milk every dime they can out of people!!!!!!
Your Body Control Module (BCM) needs to be reprogrammed or replaced.
jee

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Many 1990 and later GM vehicles have a courtesy feature that allows accessories such as the radio/stereo to continue operating and items such as the clock, odometer, etc. to remain illuminated for approximately 15 minutes after turning the vehicle off even with the key removed from the ignition. If you open the driver's door at any time during the 15 minute depay, everything should turn off.
ok that makes sense however the next day if the mileage indicator is still on. what then
sarah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

I have an 03 malibu motor shakes bad and check engine light is on have already changed timing chain coils spark plugs and wires intake gasket ignition modular nothing helps what do i do
Andrea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

1998 chev malabu shuts off while driving
Andrea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

1998 Chevy Malibu shuts off when driving
Monica

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Jay wrote:
does anyone else have trouble with their turn signal just randomly clicking non stop on their 2002 malibu?
YES I HAVE A 02,MALIBU AN MY TURN SIGNAL WON'T BLINK AT ALL CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG
zak

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

sarah wrote:
I have an 03 malibu motor shakes bad and check engine light is on have already changed timing chain coils spark plugs and wires intake gasket ignition modular nothing helps what do i do
Sell it while you still can.
zak

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Andrea wrote:
1998 chev malabu shuts off while driving
Yep.
zak

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Monica wrote:
<quoted text> YES I HAVE A 02,MALIBU AN MY TURN SIGNAL WON'T BLINK AT ALL CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG
You've got a problem with your turn signal.
Bob

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

jee wrote:
<quoted text>
ok that makes sense however the next day if the mileage indicator is still on. what then
The odometer automatically illuminates whenever the driver's door is first opened. If you suspect it is staying on all the time, simply look at it through the window without opening the door. If you find that it IS staying on, you've got a problem with your Body Control Module which will require it to be reprogrammed or replaced by a GM dealer.
ced

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

2006 impala ls 3.5 will not start. any suggestion why?
mark

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Have a 2002 chevy malibu the problem is ever morning it is hard to start seems like the batteris is dead starts but is hard also the radio resets to 12:00 ever time it is shut off please help it is my wifes car
Joe the mechanic

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

mark wrote:
Have a 2002 chevy malibu the problem is ever morning it is hard to start seems like the batteris is dead starts but is hard also the radio resets to 12:00 ever time it is shut off please help it is my wifes car
Sounds like your battery is not holding a sufficient charge resulting in hard starting and your body control module losing its stored memory including power to accessories such as the radio's clock.

If the battery is more than 3 years old, have it load tested for free at most any auto parts store and replace the battery with a new one if needed.

If the battery is relatively new, you may have a parasitic drain on your battery's charge. The most common culprits are (A) trunk lights and glovebox lights remaining on due to bad switches,(B) bad diodes in the alternator draining the battery, and (C) a malfunctioning body control module not shutting off power to accessories.
zak

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

ced wrote:
2006 impala ls 3.5 will not start. any suggestion why?
Because it's made by General Motors.
zak

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

mark wrote:
If it's your wife's car, don't worry about it.
Jman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

I have an 06 Malibu, 4door and get water in the truck where the spare is held. The piece of wood covering the tire with carpet got ruined twice and I dnt see where the water comes from because it is only the very bottom in the trunk that fills up when it rains not the actual truck sides,
..! Any suggestion ??
Joe the mechanic

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Jman wrote:
I have an 06 Malibu, 4door and get water in the truck where the spare is held. The piece of wood covering the tire with carpet got ruined twice and I dnt see where the water comes from because it is only the very bottom in the trunk that fills up when it rains not the actual truck sides,
..! Any suggestion ??
Open your trunk lid and inspect the rubber weatherstrip gasket that runs around the perimeter of your trunk. This gasket which is supposed to seal the trunk when the trunk lid is closed can be easily damaged or heat-hardened over time. Verify that the gasket is properly attached and not loose... if it is, simply re-attach it with weatherstrip adhesive or RTV sealant. Also inspect for any gasket damage especially in the area at the bottom of your rear window since this is where rain runoff ends up. Also closely inspect at bottom rear where it can be easily damaged by items such as luggage... this area will especially leak when using high pressure car washes. If gasket damage is found (rip, missing segment, etc.), it can usually be repaired far more cheaply than it can be replaced. It's also good to lubricate weatherstrip gaskets at least once a year with a silicone-type lube to keep them flexible.

Water could also be entering your trunk from one or both rear wheel wells. Check the insulation in these areas for excess dampness... if found, simply locate the source of the leak (crack, hole, etc.) and seal it.

It's unlikely that you have a leak at the bottom of your spare tire storage area as gravity would cause the water to leak out the same way it entered.
Alex

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Ive been recently having problems with most of the electric things in my panel(gas meter, temperature, weather temperature etc) anybody has the same problems??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,481 - 2,500 of2,695
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

101 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lois Lerner linked to another erased hard drive 5 min Male 25
Do you agree with Texas protecting its own border? 8 min They cannot kill a Spook 2
No you agree with Israeli airstrikes into Gaza? 12 min Reality Speaks 27
Ann Coulter: "White Guilt Has Produced Mistake ... (Sep '12) 22 min La Toya 34
Columbus sets regulations for UberX and Lyft 23 min They cannot kill a Spook 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 29 min Reality Speaks 2,893
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 31 min Reality Speaks 29,002
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••