Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions

Created by KarenS in the Maintenance & Repair Message Board. Your Host is mr_shiftright What is this discussion about? Chevrolet Malibu, Chevrolet Malibu Maxx, Sedan, Electric, Engine # 2962 of 2971 Visor and ... Full Story
zak

Columbus, OH

#2507 Jan 28, 2013
Scott wrote:
The problem lies withen the hazard button. pop the cover button off and then use two flat head screwdrivers and insert in the top and bottom slots of the module... press the tabs in and pull out.. the module will slide out.. disconnect and replace with new one.. costs about 20 bucks..
Ah ha! So THAT is why my engine won't start!
Rae

Franklin Square, NY

#2508 Feb 4, 2013
While driving on the highway, my car started to slow down and when I pressed on the gas it would not pick up and then my car just stopped moving, basically shutting off, Does anybody know why this happened
Jeopardy champ

Columbus, OH

#2509 Feb 4, 2013
Rae wrote:
While driving on the highway, my car started to slow down and when I pressed on the gas it would not pick up and then my car just stopped moving, basically shutting off, Does anybody know why this happened
I'd like to buy "I ran out of gas" for $500, Alex.
zak

Columbus, OH

#2510 Feb 4, 2013
Rae wrote:
Yes. It's a Malibu.
Tim

Columbus, OH

#2511 Feb 4, 2013
Rae wrote:
It happened because something is wrong with your car.
05 Malibu

Garland, TX

#2512 Feb 7, 2013
I have a 2005 Chevy Malibu that won't start. Says "error" where milage is at and the anti theft lock light shows everytime I turn the key. Battery is new and no clicking noise. Any ideas what it might be??
mdamian

Dallas, TX

#2513 Feb 9, 2013
What causes the brake light to stay on a 1999 Chevy Malibu 3.1
randy

United States

#2514 Feb 9, 2013
How do i put the back seats down on a 1998 Chevy Malibu?
jack

Columbus, OH

#2515 Feb 9, 2013
05 Malibu wrote:
I have a 2005 Chevy Malibu that won't start. Says "error" where milage is at and the anti theft lock light shows everytime I turn the key. Battery is new and no clicking noise. Any ideas what it might be??
Your anti-theft system is not sensing the code chip that's inside the head of the key. It locks out the ignition/starting system. To eliminate the problem being the key, try using an original spare key. If that doesn' work, a GM dealership will have to reprogram the key and/or the anti-theft system.
Kali

United States

#2516 Feb 12, 2013
HI I have a 2005 Malibu and my tail/running lights wont work but my brake lights work...checked the fuses and the bulbs...anyone got any answers or suggetions??
sarah

Toledo, OH

#2517 Feb 13, 2013
mailman wrote:
Ia 2001 malibu. Itried everything to get the taillights to come on. please Help!
you hve a blown fuse my fiance tryed hooking up a new stareo every time he replaces the fuse thrn hooks up the radio it blows the fuse again the tail lights and the dash light doesnt work... the fuse is a blue in the fuse box under the hood
Smarty Pants

Swartz Creek, MI

#2518 Feb 18, 2013
Zak in Columbus OH, and all of his many personalities (also in Columbus) should be run over by the biggest GM vehicle anyone can find.
What an annoying jerk! This forum is to help people, not to act like a fool & think you're so darned funny.
Bite it Zak... right on some electrical wires. Maybe the jolt will fix your stupid jerk brain.
(yeah, I said it. Judge me!:p)
Oingo Boingo

Alexandria, VA

#2519 Feb 18, 2013
Smarty Pants wrote:
Zak in Columbus OH, and all of his many personalities (also in Columbus) should be run over by the biggest GM vehicle anyone can find.
What an annoying jerk! This forum is to help people, not to act like a fool & think you're so darned funny.
Bite it Zak... right on some electrical wires. Maybe the jolt will fix your stupid jerk brain.
(yeah, I said it. Judge me!:p)
Zak IS pretty darned funny when he replies to REAL fools who post stupid sh*t like "My car won't start! What could be the problem?" or "My left front tire is flat! What should I do?" or "My Malibu has 700,000 miles on the original spark plugs. Why does it idle rough?"

Instead of trusting complete strangers to offer solutions on topix, find a local ASE-certified mechanic who has the proper tools and diagnostic equipment. Ask around because a mechanic's word of mouth reputation is the best advertisement medium available. If you can't afford the standard shop hourly repair rates, many mechanics will do the work on their own time as a flat-rate side job. However, don't expect to get replacement parts below cost especially if it's a dealership-only item. Parts mark-up is to be expected especially if the mechanic has to spend his own time & gas getting the part.

If nothing else, use REAL online automotive forums (Chevy, Ford, Toyota, etc.) which are dedicated to addressing common malfunctions with solutions offered by knowledgeable owners and ASE-certified technicians who specialize in repairing the respective vehicle model.
Biaaid

Iraq

#2520 Feb 18, 2013
İ have bought a new malibu 2013. İ tested it on montain road and a note appeared onthe screen it says code 147 what is that?!
Cathy

Vancouver, Canada

#2521 Feb 19, 2013
When I start the Chevrolet 2002, Malibu, all the dashboard lights (battery, oil, seat belt etc.), apart from the "check engine light" goes on and quickly turns off after a couple of seconds. This keeps happening for five minutes (lights turn on and off for longer periods of time). Eventually, the check engine light would turn on, so the car can start.
Any idea what is causing this problem?
sam

Farmington, MI

#2522 Feb 19, 2013
jeff101 wrote:
<quoted text>i have the same problem but my car wont stay running
. It is probably the fuel pump starting to go out
05 malibu maxx

Los Angeles, CA

#2523 Feb 20, 2013
i have a 05 mailbu maxx and my engine is making a clicking sound when i start and run the car, and also had my oil changed and they recommend high mileage should of changed instead of conventiol ?? as it has 224200
mom4

Orangeville, Canada

#2524 Feb 22, 2013
my car seems to be constanly shuting off..Will be driving all of a sudden shut off...thankfully i have time to get off the road...When trying to restart the car it wont start..turns over but takes 15 min to get it to start again. replaced the ignition wires, spark plugs and wires any thoughts
steve

Waterford, MI

#2525 Feb 24, 2013
i have 04 malibu maxx v6 when shifting from park to drive it goes into gear very hard is it vac line
Logan

Plainwell, MI

#2526 Feb 24, 2013
I have a 2010 Chevy malibu lt, and when i go to start it, it chuggs, and if started doing that right after i put gas in it, so i thought i got water in the tank, but i put a couple of bottles of gas-line antifreeze and clears moisture, and it seemed to be running fine, but this morning i went to start it and it chugged again, and i dont know if its the fuel sensor thats broken or not, i could get to the sensor, in my garage

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 48 min Jerry K 31,128
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Pale Rider 3,345
Trees nut fruit shade and timber 2 hr They cannot kill ... 1
Hey pale rider 2 hr They cannot kill ... 34
Pet and animal reports 2 hr They cannot kill ... 37
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 3 hr JBS 2,435
The Michael Brown Case 3 hr They cannot kill ... 65
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
•••