Teaching Creationism on taxpayers money.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#61 Mar 27, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
ummm. the application of evolutionary theory to fossil records is not restricted to a single geological period. That's kind of the crux of the matter.
woof
ummm, I never said it changed the theory, the problem is people who make excuses for it and try to present the theory as indisputable fact.
manbearpig

United States

#62 Mar 27, 2014
Don't worry, it's not really manbearpig. It's me, Al Gore. I'm spreading manbearpig awareness. Here, each of you kids take a pamphlet and a bumper sticker. I hope now you boys see that this is totally serial. The next time, it could be the "real" manbearpig. Can I just get you to sign the awareness sheet? Just your name and phone number and where you first heard about manbearpig
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#63 Mar 27, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>After all that time away, you still dance on cue.
you can't dance, or anything correctly for that matter.

your envy puts a huge smile on half of us.

we pity you.

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#64 Mar 27, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> ummm, I never said it changed the theory, the problem is people who make excuses for it and try to present the theory as indisputable fact.
Must you prove your ignorance on every single topic imaginable?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#65 Mar 27, 2014
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
how do you do it?

I forgot that you think you are smart. To bad every measurable indicator says differently.

you won't mind if some white dude demands to see your ID prior to voting will you?

as you cry racism, we laugh at you and hand you a tissue in empathy.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#66 Mar 27, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> ummm, I never said it changed the theory, the problem is people who make excuses for it and try to present the theory as indisputable fact.
It's taught as a theory in schools. All the conversation to date has focused around it being a theory. Like gravity.
d pantz

United States

#67 Mar 27, 2014
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
It's taught as a theory in schools. All the conversation to date has focused around it being a theory. Like gravity.
like gravity..yes.And when teaching about that they can also mention all the scientific "law" that applies unlike the Darwinian theory of human evolution.
d pantz

United States

#68 Mar 27, 2014
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
did you read the fossil record, Bumbaclot?
transposition pantz

United States

#69 Mar 27, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
how do you do it?
I forgot that you think you are smart. To bad every measurable indicator says differently.
you won't mind if some white dude demands to see your ID prior to voting will you?
as you cry racism, we laugh at you and hand you a tissue in empathy.
you mean "too bad".

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#70 Mar 27, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> like gravity..yes.And when teaching about that they can also mention all the scientific "law" that applies unlike the Darwinian theory of human evolution.
I hope children in science class from the upper primary level and above already know that a scientific law is an analytic concept, providing a formula for behaviour. I would hope that they also know that gravity is a theory. And that while linked (as the law couldn't exist without the theory, of course) that they remain two distinct concepts.
d pantz

United States

#71 Mar 27, 2014
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope children in science class from the upper primary level and above already know that a scientific law is an analytic concept, providing a formula for behaviour. I would hope that they also know that gravity is a theory. And that while linked (as the law couldn't exist without the theory, of course) that they remain two distinct concepts.
if they already knew that, why would they be in school? You have a silly way of agreeing. I never said universal gravity isn't a theory. And I did say the laws are a result of the theory. But law is not a "concept" its a statement. And the theory of gravity has produced way more law than the theory of human evolution...which has produced more questions.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#72 Mar 27, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> if they already knew that, why would they be in school? You have a silly way of agreeing. I never said universal gravity isn't a theory. And I did say the laws are a result of the theory. But law is not a "concept" its a statement. And the theory of gravity has produced way more law than the theory of human evolution...which has produced more questions.
Wait...what do you think a scientific law is?

This might be a good time to fire up the old Google and see what law and gravity gets you.

I can never tell if you're really thick or express yourself so poorly as to be unreadable.
d pantz

United States

#73 Mar 27, 2014
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
yet if a teacher covers any other "theory" they could be threatened with losing their job and a lawsuit. Okay.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#74 Mar 27, 2014
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
This might be a good time to fire up the old Google and see what law and gravity gets you.
I can never tell if you're really thick or express yourself so poorly as to be unreadable.
Let's just go ahead and help ol ScottyPants out, shall we?

http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistry101/a/...

woof
d pantz

United States

#75 Mar 27, 2014
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I think its not a concept but a statement. Those are two different things BTW. http://www.google.com/search...
http://www.google.com/search...
You read those while I grab my noon cup of lemon ginger tea
Sir Pantz of Scots

United States

#76 Mar 27, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
trans said they are concepts. Do you agree?

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#77 Mar 27, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> I think its not a concept but a statement. Those are two different things BTW. http://www.google.com/search...
You read those while I grab my noon cup of lemon ginger tea
You get that a concept (or a formula, if we're still talking about the law of gravitation) becomes a statement when articulated?

I keep getting into sucked into talking to you like you can be led to understand and keep ending up mildly horrified at your failures to.
d pantz

United States

#78 Mar 27, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
I agree with your blog. While "laws" might be "concept" of theory, the laws themselves are statements and not conception.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#79 Mar 27, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> yet if a teacher covers any other "theory" they could be threatened with losing their job and a lawsuit. Okay.
If you are referring to creationism, we have once again hit upon the error in your thinking.

Creationism is not based upon scientific observations. It is based upon a fictional and allegorical recounting of historical facts that has been altered countless times over thousands of years.

woof
Duke for Mayor

United States

#80 Mar 27, 2014
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
You get that a concept (or a formula, if we're still talking about the law of gravitation) becomes a statement when articulated?
I keep getting into sucked into talking to you like you can be led to understand and keep ending up mildly horrified at your failures to.
Can you just imagine a drunken discussion between ScottyPants and Bubba?

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Amerika Elected was a Nit Wit 12 min Pickle Rick 156
News Here's who's interested in running for Pat Tibe... 34 min They cannot kill ... 1
News Girl shot in the back on Columbus' Near East Side 35 min I Blame Global Wa... 2
News Teen boy in stable condition after East Side sh... 36 min I Blame Global Wa... 1
News a oePennilessa defendant carrying 4 grand 3 hr They cannot kill ... 1
The Hill: FBI Finds Evidence of Russian Bribery... 3 hr Escondido 46
News Gay Methodist minister David Meredith, church c... 4 hr Shirvell s Shrivel 4
Tiberi Quits Congress 6 hr 404 not found 34

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages