Pataskala Man Dies After Being Struck...

Pataskala Man Dies After Being Struck By Pickup During Police C...

There are 16 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jan 26, 2010, titled Pataskala Man Dies After Being Struck By Pickup During Police C.... In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A man who was struck by a pickup whose driver was fleeing from police died Tuesday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

Rob

Columbus, OH

#1 Jan 26, 2010
key words here better be NOT YET. they should have just left him in the pickup to die and ran after the other 2 (shooting them when they saw them).
Wondering

Columbus, OH

#2 Jan 26, 2010
Wondering when the laws for fleeing from the police will reflect the seriousness of the crime. The act of fleeing from law enforcement should result in a very stiff punishment even if no one is injured or killed. The police chases seem to becoming more and more common, with many innocent people being injured or killed by someone who obviously has no care for the life of others.
Tyler

Mansfield, OH

#3 Jan 26, 2010
can't beleive he's gone, my dad knew him pretty good
sjm

Westerville, OH

#4 Jan 26, 2010
Since this happened while the driver was fleeing police, shouldn't this be considered felony murder?
WarriorMother

Sunbury, OH

#5 Jan 26, 2010
Jeff Robinson was a terrific family man and an outstanding member of the community. There was never a Watkins event where you did not see Jeff, and/or his entire family, helping in some way. His personal contributions to the school and the community were amazing and he touched so many young lives including our son -- as Jeff was of his favorite baseball coaches in his early years at Little League. This tragedy is so unfair and makes no sense whatsoever. We can only hope that those responsible, including the two passengers in the truck that seemed compelled to distract the officer while their friend wrecklessly drove into Jeff's vehicle, will be brought to justice and haunted forever for their role in this unnecessary tragedy. Jeff --- we will all miss you terribly and your legacy at Watkins, and in the Pataskala Community, will live on! Thanks for being a special part of so many lives. Our deepest sympathy goes out to the entire Robinson family.
Utica Grad

Lima, OH

#6 Jan 26, 2010
Can someone absolutely confirm this report and the source of the information? It has been reported by family members and other news networks that Jeff Robinson remains in critical condition at Grant, and has not died. I hope that this is the case.
Utica Grad

Lima, OH

#7 Jan 26, 2010
A staff reporter at The Newark Advocate just reported that as of 11:00pm, Jeff was listed at Grant Hospital in Critical Condition. No report of his death!
Why

Columbus, OH

#8 Jan 26, 2010
The fact that Ratlif was on the road is ridiculous!He and his "friends" should all be held accountable with the maximum punishments allowed. I saw in the Advocate that this man was a repeat offender. Good people and their families should not have to suffer due to the stupid mistakes of stupid people!
My most sincere condolences to Jeff's family. May god be with them.
James

Madison Heights, MI

#9 Jan 27, 2010
This is a very sad tragedy, and for anybody that has had the pleasure to meet and know Jeff, knows what kind of loss this is... this is a very sad day for every bit of his family and friends. My deepest condolences to Jeff's family.
alchemy

Mansfield, OH

#10 Jan 27, 2010
No matter if it was blatent or stupid or not, we dont know yet, put it with the tally of deaths for the sake of police fun.
Sure its the drivers fault but if you have one creature thats supposed to have a brain and is only supposed to be working in the capacity of his profession and the other doesnt have a brain and everyone knows it, who is to blame? You piss off a wild animal and then send it other peoples direction is it the person or the wild animal to blame?
alchemy

Mansfield, OH

#11 Jan 27, 2010
Wondering wrote:
Wondering when the laws for fleeing from the police will reflect the seriousness of the crime. The act of fleeing from law enforcement should result in a very stiff punishment even if no one is injured or killed. The police chases seem to becoming more and more common, with many innocent people being injured or killed by someone who obviously has no care for the life of others.
The last thing these creeps need is more power. Cops brag that they can catch anyone anywhere, there is no reason to chase like this. Get em when they go in or out of their home or a store. Furthermore there are legitimate reasons for not pullling over immediately for a "cop" sometimes, in case we are forgetting the fake cop incidents or the fact that decent cops actually state they they prefer people stop in a lighted or safe area, yet I know a case where they actually charged a guy for fleeing for pulling into the police station a few blocks away to stop for them and actually drew their guns.
alchemy

Mansfield, OH

#12 Jan 27, 2010
sjm wrote:
Since this happened while the driver was fleeing police, shouldn't this be considered felony murder?
Sure theyll probably charge something like that only because they showed disrespect for the police but nothing or no one will ever change the true defintion of murder as requiring a knowing intent. Manslaughter is the right charge and anyone knows it. Vengence or what might make someone feel better never justifies a lie. A system of using lies can only fail.
roadglide

Madison Heights, MI

#13 Jan 27, 2010
A vehicle is no different than a fire arm when used in commission of a crime and like a fire arm, the privilege of legally driving a vehicle should be revoked, not suspended, when used in a crime. Vehicles kill more people than fire arms and here in the United States we have people who even debate restrictions on cell phone use while driving based on the argument it's their right. While a murder charge is not warrented here the fact remains that fleeing is a felnoy and that a very good man lost his life as a result. If there is such a thing as felony aggravated vehicular homicide Ratlif should be charged with it and never be able to legally drive any where on the planet again. I hope he gets a really bad lawyer.
Friend

Pleasantville, OH

#14 Jan 27, 2010
Jeff is in the hospital. He is not dead. Please get facts straight before you post them in your news briefs.
Utica Grad

Lima, OH

#15 Jan 27, 2010
Friend wrote:
Jeff is in the hospital. He is not dead. Please get facts straight before you post them in your news briefs.
I absolutely agree. The news networks need to get their stories straight, and confirm their information through proper sources before releasing it to the public. This innacurate information has caused a lot of heartbreak (and now hope) for the communities, family and friends of Jeff. WHERE THERE IS LIFE...THERE IS HOPE!
a friend

Ada, OH

#16 Jan 27, 2010
Jeff was an incredible man. He was a great supporter of the community too. Everytime there was a sport event, you would see him there. My family and I never personally became really close friends to the Robinson family, but we knew them for many years through watkins sports. Jeff will always remain in our memories and prayers and we will all miss him very much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Johnson 1 min Catman Dave 4
Should the GOP cut its loses? 46 min d pants 818
I wish our cat would die. 4 hr UTrashy 49
Colin Powell NOT Advise Clinton on email Server 5 hr VoteForJill Stein... 4
News Hillary Clinton tops Donald Trump in battlegrou... 6 hr Synque 200
Trump's accusations are unfounded and reflects ... 6 hr Pale Rider 30
Trump spent campaign monies on own book 7 hr 404 not found 3
Trump the Liar 8 hr Pale Rider 896
Powell advised Hillary.. 17 hr d pants 101

Columbus Jobs