Brooklyn, NY

#1 Aug 27, 2013
save yeshiva university!- YouTube

6 min - Apr 2, 2012 - Uploaded by BernhardRosenberg

save yeshiva university!- YouTube.(10).

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Aug 30, 2013
0 replies active 9 hours ago

Where are the other Rabbis to speak out.? Are they afraid of loosing their jobs at Y.U. or their standing in the community? Where are the voices of the Y.U. students? Are they afraid they will get a bad grade or not get a letter of recommendation to medical or law school. Where are the Semicha students and Roshei Yeshiva; are they afraid they will not be placed or will be ridiculed. Initially I defended Y.U. because it is the school from which I received most of my degrees , and where all my children have attended. It is the school at which I was taught by fantastic rebbies and teachers. But when it comes to speaking out for those students who were spiritually and emotionally hurt, the silence is deafening. I came full circle when Rabbi Dr. Norman Lamm took the fall for Y.U. He was the Kappurah hin; the Y.U. sacrifice. As yet no one else has been punished. Rabbi Dr. Lamm is now old and perhaps people forget he was the one who saved Y.U.from financial collapse. I know that after my many articles on behalf of the students, I will never again be asked to teach at Y.U. and I am looked upon with disfavor. So be it. The video which appeared on the Forward was predictable. The students are afraid to be viewed speaking against the establishment. I was told at Y.U. by one of the Rabbis named in the law suit,' I CAN GO THROUGH YOU OR AROUND YOU, I CHOOSE TO GO THROUGH YOU.' I was always outspoken even as a young student. Is there any solution? Y.U. should at least fire or dismiss teachers and former deans and administrators responsible for this atrocity. There should be a real apology made naming those who abused the students. RABBI DR. BERNHARD ROSENBERG

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yeshiva University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News MIND Explores the Psychology Behind Keeping Pets (May '15) May '15 HumanSpirit 1
News YU faculty vote no-confidence against head Rich... (Mar '15) Mar '15 ROSENBERG 2
News Yeshiva University and Montefiore nix Einstein ... (Dec '14) Dec '14 ROSENBERG 1
News Richard Joel Points Fingers Over Mushrooming Ye... (Dec '14) Dec '14 ROSENBERG 2
News Largest study of Hispanics/Latinos finds depres... (Oct '14) Oct '14 humanSpirit 1
News YU Launches New Speech-Language Masters Degree (Oct '14) Oct '14 ROSENBERG 1
ISIS is a diversion. Iran is our major threat. ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 ROSENBERG 1
More from around the web